Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game has potential, but.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

The game has potential in my eyes, the game isn't the best it has a few bugs that i have experienced right off that need fixing like freezing casting spells/skills, other than that gameplay wise I would give it a thumbs up over Nexon's vindictus due to little lag, and C9 which I tried and just totally didn't like much mostly because they make me launch the game from a web launcher its annoying, lacks customization and costumes.

Heres the bad parts that turn me away from the game it isn't the game itself its PWI that makes the game suck.

1. Foudners Pack is $39.99 Okay thats fine I considered buying until I asked in game and turns out you only get One of each item and they can only be used on a single character. Okay Im confused I play 4 characters I have to pay $39.99 4 times to get all the items on my characters.

2. $12 for an in game costume set armor that already exists in game can be turned into a costume, Rift, and Runes OF Magic allow this for very little cash. Rift is Free to use cosmetic items as its P2P, but ROM also allows you to use very few diamonds to turn armors in game into cosmetic, the only reason I don't play rom anymore is because of the memory leaks/crashes they wont fix.

3. Chat Spam I know theres an ignore function but please its annoying as heck please ban the spammers.

4. Skill resets I know it might allow you to do it once or twice in game, but you have to pay real money to do this too?

5. Town is laggy compared to GW2 in max graphics.

As the game is still in Beta, I can't be certain, but I hear they are going to add Deluxe housing similar to Runes OF Magic and charge people monthly for that as well, and they might even decide to NERF bag, and storage space on free accounts too just to make more money. The Cash Shop besides cosmetics and me not liking their cash shop the way its not account bound isn't that bad yet but just wait I bet it becomes worse. It will still be better than Vindictus or C9 but still...

When are we ever going to get wise developers to make MMORPG's Free 2 Play, and Free to Enjoy instead of always just thinking about PROFIT??? all the time I know they need to get paid but they are just making it Pay 2 Enjoy and that is too much.

The really pathetic thing about PWI, is that their games have potential but I am not willing to spend the money to Pay 2 Enjoy the game, I want to be able to sit back, pimp out my character play the way I feel not have to spend a lot of money doing it. Tera had great potential too but look where Tera is now, and look at GW2 for example I know GW2 isn't bad but they are doing the same thing PWI is doing just at a lower cost, and while it can be done using in game money its still pathetic that games have to be milking cows it seems like they could keep the cash shop, and add a subscription pack bought with in game currency like ZEN that allows these certain features unlimited respec, customization  as long as we keep the subscription, and the cash shop there as well to pay as you want other items etc.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

of course they think about profit. They are a business and they have employees to pay and possibly investors who want a return.

Does the company you work for not concern itself with profit? That's a rare company indeed if it's true. And if it is true, are you concerend from quarter to quarter that your job might be in jeapardy?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392

"When are we ever going to get wise developers to make MMORPG's Free 2 Play, and Free to Enjoy instead of always just thinking about PROFIT???"

Going out on a limb here but I would assume that it would be when they're free to make and maintain.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Trudge34

"When are we ever going to get wise developers to make MMORPG's Free 2 Play, and Free to Enjoy instead of always just thinking about PROFIT???"

Going out on a limb here but I would assume that it would be when they're free to make and maintain.

LOL, +1

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Trudge34

Perfect answer. I'll never understand this sense of entitlement people feel toward a F2P game. As if they deserve a complete and full gaming experience without ever spending a dime. They basically want gaming welfare. My problem is when a f2p is more expensive then a single purchase/$15 a month mmo to bring it up to the same basic standards. Of course in that case I just don't play it. I've never dealt with PWI but from what I've read it's always sounded like that was a large problem for their games. More expensive in the long run then if you just payed the traditional model. Is that true?  

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    All of the MMO released by PWI become p2w.
  • MetalkickerMetalkicker Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I agree with all of the above and more.  With new graphics cards coming out there are alot of glitches that are showing up and making the game unplayable.  Don't invest in this game because I think it's not going to last.