Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol, I got banned for 3 days for saying "Stupid"

GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

It wasn't even directed at anyone, I just said that the inscription staves are stupid because you can turn them in for a quest.  You can't right click on them to equip them....really?  Blizzard is cracking down on us that use "Obscene language"

Edit: please mmorpg.com don't ban me for obscene language...I didn't mean to say stupid on your forums /rofl

Comments

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593

That's because WoW is designed to cater to all walks of life, including 3 year olds.

Also why I will never play again after they butchered Vanilla.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

You insulted Blizz's game design.

lol

• ArakaneArakane Member UncommonPosts: 204

yet another example of the corrupting influence of power.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Not saying your lying, it's kind of hard to believe though. My son still plays WoW and there are much worse things said from people and those people are always about in the city spouting out stupidity, vulgarity, etc, most with obsense or vulgar names too that have never been changed.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537
    Welcome to WarCrap

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Hello, I would like to introduce you to ´one side of the story´.    My guess there was a lot more involved than this since I have seen people call GC stupid on on the forums and not get banned.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I wish Blizz would do a Reddit thread like GW2 did.  People would say, "I got banned for nothing" and then the GW2 rep would be oh, you forgot to mention the racist etc comment you made as well -not leaving anything out.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

people say such worse things in trade lol. Are you sure this is true?  Maybe a bunhc of over zealous parents reported you so blizzard had to act.

Oh well lol.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    this doesnt surprise me as ive had guild mates get banned for cussing and carrying on in chats . Ive been warned myself for rolling on moonguard harassing the nasty pedophiles that hang around goldshire and calling them out. [mod edit]
  • KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Robokapp
    pedophiles cybering with each other is fine by me... it's when they find a victim that the line is crossed. but wait, if they cyber with each other, are they still pedophiles? nvm about initial claim...BURN THEM ALL.

What two consenting, grown men choose to do with their gnome alts and hunter pets is entirely up to them.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Where is your proof?

Till then, you're blowing hot air.

I've seen way worse things in raids and even general chat.

Do not believe ya, sorry :)

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    OP is a liar.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Kasmos

That's because WoW is designed to cater to all walks of life, including 3 year olds.

Also why I will never play again after they butchered Vanilla.

You really are living in the past.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I once said "rainbows" and got 20k gold in my mail.

What I'm saying is, you're probably lying. Or don't really know what you got banned for.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

I posted on their website that they had " Dumbed " the game down even more that you could let a downsyndrome kid play and level quickly. BAM 3 day ban.

I always moan and gripe so it shouldnt have been anything new/!! Im just one of those people!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    know a few ppl that said a lot worse things about certain nationalities and they got served back with some Holocaust remarks....neither of those players got reprimanded nor -temp- banned, although they reported each other......so I kinda doubt you got banned for 3d just for that word.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Not saying your lying, it's kind of hard to believe though. My son still plays WoW and there are much worse things said from people and those people are always about in the city spouting out stupidity, vulgarity, etc, most with obsense or vulgar names too that have never been changed.

Particularly given how far they let their forums descend. 

But, our standard of evidence before bandwagoning is rarely high, either.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Tayah

This. People swear all the time in WoW and no one gets banned. I think the OP is just making this up or he got banned for something else. I have used much more obscene language in PUBLIC channels and never got banned during all of my 4-5+ years of playing.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    If I was a Powerfull man that was about to die I wont give you my Wisdom why?  Becouse you will abuse the Power Like George W Bush Jr   :).
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    WoW have small kids playing it you cant teach them bad words :D
  • DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Gravarg

lol, I got banned for 3 days for saying "Stupid"

Well that was pretty dumb of you. ;)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    SS or it didn't happen
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    This is the Internet, people write stuff like "retarded n****r" then complain that they were banned for saying retarded.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by RefMinor

This is the Internet, people write stuff like "retarded n****r" then complain that they were banned for saying retarded.

Your basic point is accurate. "For No Reason" bans will always be the most common variety.

What's up with the editor suddenly?
    :shrug: it cleans up the mess before posting, at least.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.