Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lock Picking.

So me being a thief and assassin in every tes game i've played, lock picking is very important to my character build. How far do youn think they will go with this skill.

Will it be houses or just certain chests, i would like it to be similar to the SP.

Comments

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I hope they keep some sort of lock picking system.  Even speakcraft was fun - you could use it as some sort of cc in PvP.  A player tries to attack you and you start a conversation with him.  You could bribe, lie or get a 5 second head start.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by sapphen
    I hope they keep some sort of lock picking system.  Even speakcraft was fun - you could use it as some sort of cc in PvP.  A player tries to attack you and you start a conversation with him.  You could bribe, lie or get a 5 second head start.

Lock picking is in the game.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Doubt you will be breaking into houses tbh

My guess is you will be unlocking chests, maby furnitures like dressers etc and maby alternate routes/extra bosses in dungeons etc

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by deakon

That would be unfortunate but it would be hard to explain 3-4 thieves roaming around one house.  Towns could have guards and a defense system, you can break into something but there would still be consequences.

I'd say they should also let you pick pocket players once a month.  You wouldn't take any money from them but you could get a small percentage of how much they have.  If they catch you, you become targetable by guards and all nearby players! 

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

That would be unfortunate but it would be hard to explain 3-4 thieves roaming around one house.  Towns could have guards and a defense system, you can break into something but there would still be consequences.

I'd say they should also let you pick pocket players once a month.  You wouldn't take any money from them but you could get a small percentage of how much they have.  If they catch you, you become targetable by guards and all nearby players! 

Sounds interesting. Just seem weird to have so many people sneaking around in a MMO.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Sounds interesting. Just seem weird to have so many people sneaking around in a MMO.

Obviously you didn't try out Mortal Online. image

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Not many have. 

Not a a well-executed game by any means, but so many great concepts.  If only those guys had 250 devs and 300mil and a mega-brand to base their game off, then maybe they could make something truly special.  Instead, that goes to Matt Firor and his gaggle of morons who are still stuck in the days of yore when it comes to MMO design.  Oh well.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Lock this thread!!! It's going Off Topic.

Sorry bad joke...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Not many have. 

Not a a well-executed game by any means, but so many great concepts.  If only those guys had 250 devs and 300mil and a mega-brand to base their game off, then maybe they could make something truly special.  Instead, that goes to Matt Firor and his gaggle of morons who are still stuck in the days of yore when it comes to MMO design.  Oh well.

Agreed, but my comment was about the poster commenting that it would be weird to see lots of people sneaking around in an MMO. It reminded me of when MO launched and everyone in the cities would be crouching behind other players trying to pickpocket them. It was ridiculous and looked like they were smelling each others' backsides.

Optional PvP = No PvP