Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game have any life to it?

So been playing WoW and sad to say im bored. I have alts of everything and I just can't get any fun out of it.

Now Me and my brother built our computer on the sole fact we wanted to play MMOs. This started when I played this game at my friends house. Took us a year to build (we poor) and by the time we built it WoW was almost out of beta.

Now we didnt get this game cuz we thought it was old and people said it sucked and that everyone was going to move to Wow or EQ2. Now im wondering has this game gotten better and is it still popular? Im much more of a scifi guy and with the delay of Dark and Light I need something to keep my sanity,

Also is there a free trial for this?

Thanks much

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

The game is very much alive and has all the sci fi you would want (I recommend you check out EVE too ... free download, free trial).

Not so many people have left for EQ2 and actually many are streaming (back or for the first time) from WoW. Because SWG is a better long term multiplayer game and does not get old as quickly as WoW or CoH (which are very much fun for a while). Many who dont like the game are people who burned themselves out trying to get Jedi quickly (BAD idea) or are into hard core PvP (where SWG has a problem ... therefore combat revamp patch , 5 th May).

For SWG the good time to start with be in May. Lots of changes in patch on 5th May and around start of episode III in cinemas. New expansion (Wookie planet). Expect  a free trial from Fileplanet and some nice combo offers (basic game + space expansion + rage of wookies expansion).

Have fun

Erillion

• AjurasofBorgAjurasofBorg Member Posts: 6

Thanks for the info, probably going to get it tommarow. I tried EVE, was nice at first but I dont like point and click interface. Also astroid belts were not realistic and I dont like the fact you cant get out. Lot of things that dont click with me ::::21::

In any case im just looking for a game to tide me over till Dark and Light comes out. Now thats going to be an awsome game.::::01::

• NuclearDraftNuclearDraft Member Posts: 31

Well I don't think you'll see Dark and Light for awhile yet, but ya SWG is a great game and the combat revamp will make it much more fun seeing as we won't have to rely on doctor buffs to grind xp. The dependency on those buffs really bothered me before but now it seems like they will be a bonus for those people who can get them but they will hardly be nessecary to be able to grind less elite mobs.

I just reactivated this past week, and I am gonna wait till May to do much ground combat but I have plenty to explore in the JtL expansion. Additionally JtL makes it much easier to make money as a noobie so if you are considering buying the game now I would be sure to get JtL with it.

Overall though I think this game, while it does have it faults, is much more interesting than WoW, and the community is leaps and bounds better than the asshats that make up the WoW community. I would say that SWG is one of the deeper and more interesting games on the market right now. (and its a very cool experience for all us Star Wars nuts out there image)

---War Kills---
    ---Peace Lives---