Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame in GW2 vs Rift

mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

I play GW2 and have just made trial account in Rift. Wondering if I should get full Rift account, but not sure if it is worth it.

Which game (GW2 or Rift) provides better endgame content, activities, etc? I'm not too much interested in endgame pvp, but rather endgame pve.

Comments

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by mWo4life

I play GW2 and have just made trial account in Rift. Wondering if I should get full Rift account, but not sure if it is worth it.

Which game (GW2 or Rift) provides better endgame content, activities, etc? I'm not too much interested in endgame pvp, but rather endgame pve.

If your looking for PvE Raids then Rift is your best choice.however Rift offers a varied PvE endgame beyond this with open world Instant Adventures,a large daily quest area,constant zone events and repeatable single player instances.If you like the world and the combat mechanics Rift offers a very good end game especially if you like to do raiding.

I personally prefer GW2's mechanics and more vibrant world and there were things I did not like about rift but it's end game and end game content was not one of them.

The good news is since onyl one requires a monthly sub you can play both if you like both.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by Drakynn

The good news is since onyl one requires a monthly sub you can play both if you like both.

People are always saying, but honestly who really has time to play both to the extent it takes to be active in both end games?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

gw2 has endgame?

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Believe me , you have in Rift so much to do after lev 50 like in no other game and with Storm Legion you will be ocupied for long long time
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Rift of course
  • EwanisEwanis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Rift ofcourse.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Rift. Hands down. 

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Thx. So Rift it is.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Rift is not about just raiding anymore. They have lot of varied PVE content...a lot more than GW2. If you are looking for more option for PVE go with Rift.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

Why would he do that lol, his whole point is he want an end game which GW2 flops on big time. 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Rift both PvE and PvP.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Rift pve endgame is the best in the biz right now. It lacks in low level content, personal story is non existent, pvp is casual but fun for ppl who arent serious about pvp, combat is less actiony than what all the cool kids want these days. But what rift lacks, it makes up for in endgame pve group content, social and non combat activities.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Endgame pve, most definately Rift. In themeparks pve is based on content and they have more content since they have been out longer. For PvP hands down GW2.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

People always like to point out that new games naturally have much less endgame.. but look where that's gotten Rift.  Imagine if it had so much endgame, when it launched.  Maybe it would have held onto a lot more players.  Maybe devs should really consider making that more of a priority.

Once people leave, they tend to leave for good.. I think this idea that they can build an endgame later might be severely flawed.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Endgame pve, most definately Rift. In themeparks pve is based on content and they have more content since they have been out longer. For PvP hands down GW2.

RIFT has more PVP content too. Plus there are more options in abilities and playstyles. 

edit - RIFT has Wpvp too. A lot of it.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    Rift both PvE and PvP.

Completely disagree in endgame pvp. Even Rift knew their pvp was horrible, they changed it to be normalized like GW and GW2...

Originally posted by bcbully

RIFT has more PVP content too. Plus there are more options in abilities and playstyles. 

We've already had this discussion, quality > quantity.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Vhaln

People always like to point out that new games naturally have much less endgame.. but look where that's gotten Rift.  Imagine if it had so much endgame, when it launched.  Maybe it would have held onto a lot more players.  Maybe devs should really consider making that more of a priority.

Once people leave, they tend to leave for good.. I think this idea that they can build an endgame later might be severely flawed.

GW2 doesn't have a massive endgame because it's new.  It lacks endgame because the devs purposely are staying away from the traditional pve endgame.  There is no gear grind so there is no need for the old endgame like WoW has.

Rift had a decent endgame at launch and they are renowned for their speed of adding game content.  The thing that kills Rift for a lot of people is the leveling system.  The quest grind in this game is so boring.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

If your looking for PvE Raids then Rift is your best choice.however Rift offers a varied PvE endgame beyond this with open world Instant Adventures,a large daily quest area,constant zone events and repeatable single player instances.If you like the world and the combat mechanics Rift offers a very good end game especially if you like to do raiding.

I personally prefer GW2's mechanics and more vibrant world and there were things I did not like about rift but it's end game and end game content was not one of them.

Rift's endgame didn't offer me the flexability that GW2 offered me. I could log in jump to the zone i want to do the activity in like an open world Dragon battle without the hassle of standing around waiting for people to get off work, or trying to find someone because the raid wasn't full and someone left. It's one of the Charms of GW2, the world doesn't wait for you it moves on.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Well if you like mindnumbing leveling experince with classic carrot on a stick raid  to get your pixel epic that will be obselete anway when Trion release new raids and you have to start all over again then you will feel right at home.

Although the housing/area feature part seems pretty good.

Edit: for Trion, wrote to fast.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

We've already had this discussion, quality > quantity.

I don't think that we have. We don't have to though. Quality is subjective when it comes pvp. I personally loved PvP in RIFT. Battle grounds, PvP rifts, Wpvp, duels, and now 3 faction pvp all with a huge talent system.

PvP in GW2 just seemed too simple for my likes with not enough to do. To each his own though.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Well if you like mindnumbing leveling experince with classic carrot on a stick raid  to get your pixel epic that will be obselete anway when Turbine release new raids and you have to start all over again then you will feel right at home.

......image

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Rift pve endgame is the best in the biz right now. 

well, actually right now WoW is best in the biz.  It passed Rift with MoP.

Of course, SL will probably hop back over Rift.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Well if you like mindnumbing leveling experince with classic carrot on a stick raid  to get your pixel epic that will be obselete anway when Turbine release new raids and you have to start all over again then you will feel right at home.

......image

Yes Gollum I talked bad about your precious.

And yes I mean Trion

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Turbine huh?

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.