Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much gems do you plan to spend on Halloween?

1235»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by bcbully

Go to the RIFT account page or the Storm Legion page and look for yourself.  They sell advantage P2W (as much as pve can get that way) with the CE upgrade.  They sell advantage for pre-ordering, in particular exclusive early access to content that drops top quality gear.  And all for the low low price of approximately $250 average per year.

You get a cape and access to the first dungeon of the xpac for pre-ordering? This is the p2w you speak of? Ok thanks.

well i suppose since GW2 was hailed for being p2w because you could get gold faster when the game first launched this could be seen the same way.. i know crazy right?  just so you know I don't see this as p2w personally and don't think either game offers anything i'd consider p2w

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I will not spend real money on pixels...
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

i'd consider buying a video game spending money on pixels:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Zero. Absolutely nothing. Don't worry, this isn't just GW2, this is every game that offers 'holiday' cash shop goods.
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Zero. Absolutely nothing. Don't worry, this isn't just GW2, this is every game that offers 'holiday' cash shop goods.

i agree don't really see the point in spending money or even gold(well maybe little bit of gold depends how much extra I got) on this sort of stuff... more bag space or extra character slots yes but all this fluff stuff nah...

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I will spend a whole Lotta nothin on the cash shop
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Go to the RIFT account page or the Storm Legion page and look for yourself.  They sell advantage P2W (as much as pve can get that way) with the CE upgrade.  They sell advantage for pre-ordering, in particular exclusive early access to content that drops top quality gear.  And all for the low low price of approximately $250 average per year.

You get a cape and access to the first dungeon of the xpac for pre-ordering? This is the p2w you speak of? Ok thanks.

well i suppose since GW2 was hailed for being p2w because you could get gold faster when the game first launched this could be seen the same way.. i know crazy right?  just so you know I don't see this as p2w personally and don't think either game offers anything i'd consider p2w

Me either, but they do sell items which give players an advantage.  The early access by a full week to dungeons is nothing to be scoffed at in a progression raiding game and he should know that.

They also sell mounts which other players must save a lot of money to acquire.  The personal portal and other goodies aren't gamebreakers (like I said I don't see anything wrong with that), but for those with an agenda (especially coming from TSW) to throw stones about the GW2 cash shop is silly and just illustrates and agenda.

It took my mage less than a week to get raid ready back when GSB was still the main raid. Early access to dungeons isn't P2W. It's nothing. It means a few players will get a couple pieces of dungeon gear and a few plaques a week sooner. How is that an Advantage? It's an advantage to me if one of them is my tank or healer I suppose?

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    None. I'm glad that I bought (with ingame coin) my bank expansions shortly after release when 600gems were still just about 1.5g ingame gold on my server. Last time I checked just before halloween update , it was already >4g for 600gems lol. I don't care about the cashshop fluff, so I guess it is easy for me not to spend anything on the gemstore.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Threads about how much money people plan to spend.

*sigh*

No thanks I have more than enough consumerizm in my everyday life to bring it to video game also.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Zero. My total spend for GW's 2 less expansions will forever be $60.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Me either, but they do sell items which give players an advantage.  The early access by a full week to dungeons is nothing to be scoffed at in a progression raiding game and he should know that.

They also sell mounts which other players must save a lot of money to acquire.  The personal portal and other goodies aren't gamebreakers (like I said I don't see anything wrong with that), but for those with an agenda (especially coming from TSW) to throw stones about the GW2 cash shop is silly and just illustrates and agenda.

It took my mage less than a week to get raid ready back when GSB was still the main raid. Early access to dungeons isn't P2W. It's nothing. It means a few players will get a couple pieces of dungeon gear and a few plaques a week sooner. How is that an Advantage? It's an advantage to me if one of them is my tank or healer I suppose?

I know!  Isn't it an idiotic and pedantic complaint to harp on "P2W" and selling stuff?  Kind of like how the agenda crowd (not saying that's you) keeps harping on everything GW2 does even though their games have similar systems built into the game design to keep the developer making money.

I've purchased every CE upgrade Trion offered because I like what they offered.  It enhanced my gameplay and made the two years I will have subbed to the game more fun.

I'm curious though how you went from junk gear to full marks gear with 300+ focus in one week?

I am in an awesome guild. Once in my 40s, I was running Crafting raid rifts and the DRR every day. I had some gear to slip into at 50. Plus I had gotten all the crafted gear almost right Away. Running World invasions...Like every one I possibly could for ISS gear and T2/Experts at 50 like a madman. It didn't take long. Now I didn't get plaqe gear in days, but it was within the week  or 2 following I started getting pieces. then the ISS gear followed that. It was a process, but i had the Focus to get into GSB within days to a week tops. Oh yeah, the dungeon level rep gear from the factions and Entry levle epics from the World event vendor gave me a few things too. 

I used the same method in WoW on my Enhancement Shaman back in TBC, There I was a double crafter, Leatherworker and Blacksmith. I had created the Ebon Netherscale armor that I started collecting the mats for early. Infact, I leveld more from grinding mats in my 60s than I did from questing. But I had the Drakefist hammer and 3 pieces of epic armor by the ding of 70. Plus I got some epic leather belt for druids/rogues on my 1st heroic. HAHA, 4 pieces.

Point is, Don't wait until you cap before you start planning your gear.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

i'd consider buying a video game spending money on pixels:P

Video games are paying for gameplay. Fluff items are buying pixels. Well played though I must say.

• ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20
    To all of the people that think its stupid to spend money in a game that you aren't required to:
    I assume you went out and bought a PC at best buy, and will never think of upgrading it? Because under your very own logic, that PC is working to do what it is supposed to, and spending more money on it when its not absolutely required is stupid.
  • ExpiredLifeExpiredLife Member Posts: 20
    Double post. Oh well.
    My point is that as long as someone feels that they get their money's worth, who are you to tell them otherwise.
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Zero. I don't spend gems on cosmetics, and I certainly don't spend gems on gambling.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by fenistil

Threads about how much money people plan to spend.

*sigh*

No thanks I have more than enough consumerizm in my everyday life to bring it to video game also.

Kind of like a poll about how er...endowed...repondents are.  Prone to just a wee bit of exaggeration (or even deprecation).  Whichever, honest answers are not expected to be common.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I doubt I will spend any real money for any holiday event garb, I wish I had some extra gems to spend on some stuff. considering the current exchange rate, I don't think I'll be buying any right now either. Unfortunate, because there is some stuff that I would really like to have.

I think that buying some "virtual" items is fine for those that can afford to dispose of their money in such a fashion. A person can spend their money selfishly on whatever they want. It's hardly different than a person spending $200 on a pair of jeans, or spending $50,000 on a new car or spending $10,000 on breast implaints. Wait, scratch that last one, it benefits everybody.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    None so far. Thinking about getting the mad king costume. Also don't know why some people are acting surprised. We all knew costumes would be up for sale just like they are in GW1.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Time that I spend doing a real life job is worth far more than free time I spend playing games, therefore, I wont buy gems with real money. Using gold is different, though I wont spend it on flare. Flare is worth even less than functional in game items. Especially given the high price of gems for gold right now.

So, zero.

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

I have never seen a less attractive or useful holiday content effort than this.

0 is how much I plan on spending.

Go back to your jumping puzzles, kids, nothing to see here.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I got the witch outfit. I don't think I'll be getting anything else. Nothing else screams awesome.