Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24/7 Faction Conflict...Need Update

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

My frame of reference is DAOC(the best ever rvr game).When I last chect Rift's faction conflict(not instanced..but the 24/7 kind) it was in a pretty bad state.Not seeing anything interesting...beta was my only game experience.GW2 WvW ......so far is a mindless zerg on maps you can cover in minutes.What a turn off :-(  .

Has Rift dramatically improved  ? Is this aspect of the game worth a 2nd look ?

Comments

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

My frame of reference is DAOC(the best ever rvr game).When I last chect Rift's faction conflict(not instanced..but the 24/7 kind) it was in a pretty bad state.Not seeing anything interesting...beta was my only game experience.GW2 WvW ......so far is a mindless zerg on maps you can cover in minutes.What a turn off :-(  .

Has Rift dramatically improved  ? Is this aspect of the game worth a 2nd look ?

RIFT is not a MMORPG to play if you are just or mostly looking for PvP, in the ex-pack alot of the issues between the factions are set aside to join forces agenst a greater threat.

The fighting may still happen (mostly on a PvP server) but not nearly as much as when the game was released.

This is imo.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

conquest is always full every hour with their three faction pvp on our server cluster. They are adding in at least another 1 or two conquest maps and the push is for a persistant one that is daoc inspired but Trion has yet to comment on what the new map will be like. There currently isnt a persistant realm vs realm lake like warhammer and DAOC has but i can tell you from personal experience even the current conquest fighting is leagues better then that szerge fest small map crap they call world vs world in GW2.

But yes Rift three faction pvp is promised for SL we still just dont know what the new conquest maps are going to be.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Are there keep and tower fights ? I haven't found a video showing fighting over and signifigant structures.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

no the way the current map for conquest works , the entire map of stillmoor has been reskinned and there is three teams dominion nightfall and oathsworm. Conquest is two stages now you fight over controlling the map which there are extractors all over the map , the point is to take controll of these extractors and when a team is able to take 65% of the map it ends conquest but gives you a ten minute window to run around killing planar spawns and getting extra conquest marks and planar stones.

This current map is a 50/50 split on the population as some hate it and some love it , i personally think its okay but could be done much more epic . They announced they are also adding in another new conquest map with the launch of storm legion but they havent said what it is but there is thread after thread on the SL beta forums begging Trion to add in DAOC WAR mechanics like keep and base takes and Trion is pretty good about listening to the playerbase these days , so we think battledfield objectives are coming soon. Also conquest proves already that the game engine can handle it fine.

Edit also Trion and Rift already have a realm rank system in game called prestiage it goes from ranks 1 to 50 and you level it up in pvp warfronts and conquest. There is 20 more ranks added at storm legions release and the second tier of pvp abilites will be unlocked to spead your prestiage points on soon. But currently you get 70 prestiage points to spend on any planar attunement trees you like but most of us max out our pvp skills and bonuses first .