Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

losing hope

kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
I'm looking at this game and thinking, it won't last long with me.  It still looks good for like a couple of weeks but i want longer.  Besides graphics and monthly fee tell me what will make this game different and fun.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

Comments

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

This doesn't answer your question, but I do think that perhaps it's not the game for you based on the above post. The roleplay character aspect seems to be meant more for the casual gamer, and as a means to unlock things for your PVP character - The PVP is what makes it a big deal for most people.

Personally, one of the reasons why I like it is because I feel like I'll be able to play it casually, since I don't have time to be as hardcore gaming as I did in the past - which is where the "no monthly charges" makes me happy, since if I only feel like playing for a few hours one month I won't be paying $15-$20 for just a few hours of gaming.

I hope you do find a game that's perfect for you, though. I think that's every MMO'ers wish. Good luck!

- Nellus

• vampirismvampirism Member Posts: 33

The game it slef may only be a few weeks worth of palying time, for the pve anyway. But they will probably keeping adding many quest and mission expansions, + it will have a huge replay value, IE: you can play through a few tiems with different builds. But yea i agree it is probably the pvp that will keep you playing for the long run. Its kind of like playing starcraft, the actuial game wont last too long, but the pvp on battle.net is endless.

-AwSoMeST-

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

Originally posted by vampirism
    The game it slef may only be a few weeks worth of palying time, for the pve anyway. But they will probably keeping adding many quest and mission expansions, + it will have a huge replay value, IE: you can play through a few tiems with different builds. But yea i agree it is probably the pvp that will keep you playing for the long run. Its kind of like playing starcraft, the actuial game wont last too long, but the pvp on battle.net is endless.

why do you say that? do you think theyre arent enough quests?/ tell us why you dont like the game and maybe we can help you out with adifferent point of view or another good mmog

• hopbouncehopbounce Member Posts: 21

I say it because there aren't enough quests.

If you compare the size of GW to the size of WoW....you'd have a game about...1/4 to 1/5 the size. And I've explored everywhere in WoW. EVERYWHERE. So... yeah, the sheer size isn't enough for a hardcore PvE player.

However, the quality of what's actually in GW right now is high, and as the previous poster said: PvP is priceless. I've never played better PvP...in my life. honestly.

• vampirismvampirism Member Posts: 33

Well just basing it on what i've read and what i'ce played, in one weekend i went through most of the quests and missions in the beta and made it to lvl 15, the max being 20, thoguh i have heard they are adding some 70% more gmae when it is actually released i'm just basing it on the time it took me to get through much of what the beta had to offer. I am sure they will add many more quests and such if needed, thoguh don't forget that this game is not designed to be like other mmo' such as eq2 or even wow, it is aiming take out all the things that make mmo's tedious, thus just leaving the fun, consequently the game has a much faster pace too it, and that is what it has to offer as a pve mmo, but htey are putting alot of emphesis on the guild/pvp aspect of the game, hence the name guild wars. I'm in no way saying its a bad game, just that i'm sceptical as to how long their story line could possibly be, becasue i would love to paly this game for an entire year and never run out of missions, but i somehow doubt they could pull that off, given what i've seen in the beta.

-AwSoMeST-

• DerfelCadarnDerfelCadarn Member Posts: 875
    The beta shows very very little content compared to the full game according to the devs. So there will be alot more quests and pvp areas.