Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facebook appology from the developers " we let you down"

I havn't brought this game but I've been following it with interest . I doubt I will be getting it because it doesn't sound like it will live upto its potential and will most likly be just one massive deathmatch gankfest not something I play mmos for although I do love world pvp as long as its faction based .

I saw this appology to players yesterday on facebook so I've cut and paste it here .

Game Crashes and other bugs - PLEASE READ !!!

Survivors,

You've been faithful to us and unfortunately we let you down - looks like our game wasn't stable enough to sustains dozen of thousands players abusing it at same time :). Game stability is nowhere where it was when we had only couple hundred testers playing it for a few hours a day.

Right now we have over 20,000 players playing on GAME...

SERVERS, and over 10,000 players trying to get into the game.

I personally apologies for current game build instability and let me assure you we're working non stop to make stable as soon as possible. I don't want even say "it's alpha" - alpha for me means game maybe in unbalanced, it may crash, but it should be generally stable.

As token of our gratitude we're going to unlock all game characters for you tomorrow.

Sergey Titov
Executive Producer
The War Z

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    They really need to employ a marketing / social media guy that is a native english speaker.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    They really need to employ a marketing / social media guy that is a native english speaker.

True but at least they have appologised . From what I gather they are also giving no quibbles refunds for those that arn't happy with the games state .

Can't ask for fairer than that really .

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well the apologize that says at least they are aware they have issues.  As far as the guy's post, looks like somebody was operating of of no sleep and no caffeine.  Looks like one of my post when I just woke up.

I got to say I was glad I did not get into this game.  I know it is alpha and folks should be aware its going to be a mess. 

Originally posted by erictlewis

Well the apologize that says at least they are aware they have issues.  As far as the guy's post, looks like somebody was operating of of no sleep and no caffeine.  Looks like one of my post when I just woke up.

I got to say I was glad I did not get into this game.  I know it is alpha and folks should be aware its going to be a mess. 

There do indeed seem to be a lot of issues that need to be fixed . I hope they can also fix it so it doesn't become a gankfest . I wanted to like this game but a lot of what I'm hearing does make it sound like its going down that path .

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    At least they are honest. That is a good start.
    Originally posted by halflife25
    At least they are honest. That is a good start.

Well something we agree on . Blimey just thought I saw a flying pig  :P

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    The worst thing MMO developers could do is sell their products that are in Alpha and even Beta stage They should have known this would happen.
    Originally posted by Mallen91
    The worst thing MMO developers could do is sell their products that are in Alpha and even Beta stage They should have known this would happen.

I'm still going to keep an open mind about this game but I think I'll wait untill it comes out of beta however long that may take . I do think these guys are honest and open and I think they are trying there level best to make a decent game . The end product may be excellent but that could be six months to a year away .  After all its beta only starts on the 31st . I've a feeling it will be a long development after that .

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

I predict this game will evaporate soon.  Responding to players (not testers!) whining about "instability" issues in an alpha build?  Charging for alpha access only to refund money that was probably spent the moment it was recieved?  I see dev burnout and financial issues in the making.

If this thing is still chugging along in 4 months I'll be impressed