Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone know people like this [WoW bashing]

2»

Comments

• maddhatter44maddhatter44 Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by nsignific
    Originally posted by Hokie

^This^

WoW pulled heavily from WAR as an example. While theres nothing wrong with that, your friend is correct, WoW hasnt done anything original since it released, except for phasing. Thats their only orginal additon to MMO since it released 8+ years ago, phasing.

Its more of a sad fact WoW players dont realise this.

See, that's just not true. You're exactly the kind of person I describe in my OP.

You just don't really know what goes on in WoW nowadays (or indeed, the past few years).

Claiming phasing is the only original idea Blizzard had with WoW is a laughable notion. Thanks for proving my point though, I knew there were *many* people like you!

About WAR..

I think this pretty much lost it's meaning after WAR:AOE copy/pasted WoW, huh.

I remember the fanboys back then, "WAR will kill WOW because WOW only copied WAR everyone knows that"

It didn't, they didn't, etc, etc. Obviously there's more to it than the theme.

You say this, but haven't said a single thing that they did "first"  other then phasing.

I played warcraft off and on, but mainly played in Vanilla and wotlk... played cata for a only  week. was  already was clearing heroic raids.. carrot was to close.

BUT, i recently picked up MOP and started the rat race again!  I say rat race because I started playing 3 weeks after in was released.

my guild i used to raid with is top on server and already 4/6 in heroic... then  I realized  I was just racing to catch up with everyone. I mean i could do it, but basically it would take time. only time. Pretty much feels like CoD's prestige. Anyone can get it, just takes time to do it.

Progression in this game is too easy and moves too quickly.  Don't get me wrong,I love chasing the carrot.. just not when the carrot is really easy to get.

I miss the first weeks of ubrs. A lot more fun then todays 10 mans. did we already forget about leeroy?

oh yea, i quit again.. saved myself the month or so before i quit after clearing heroic... yay

p.s- I will say i still love the art-style. and plays very smoooooth. overall feels great. 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Hey its funny, considering WoW has never once in its entire run invented a new MMO feature. The most its done is take others and rebrand themNothing in WoW is unique to WoW, another MMO already had it first. 
    What MMO did Dungeon Finder before WoW?

Obviously you know the answer because otherwise you wouldnt have made such a definitive statement just to make yourself look like a fool when you are proven wrong.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Hey its funny, considering WoW has never once in its entire run invented a new MMO feature. The most its done is take others and rebrand them

Nothing in WoW is unique to WoW, another MMO already had it first. 

What MMO did Dungeon Finder before WoW?

Obviously you know the answer because otherwise you wouldnt have made such a definitive statement just to make yourself look like a fool when you are proven wrong.

Dungeon finder was also met with ridiculous outcry amon-...Oh, wait, so was every single update ever.

It's not WoW people are bashing, its MMOs. WoW is just the easy target; even wow players do it!

MMO players are, as a whole, the most fickle, unpleasable bunch of self rightous, self important A-holes you'll ever meet on the internet. They think just because they pay a monthly fee that devolpers need to give them a handy and a juice box every month, and god help you if they don't get their way, they WILL tell you.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Deleted User

Originally posted by Hokie

^This^ WoW pulled heavily from WAR as an example. While theres nothing wrong with that, your friend is correct, WoW hasnt done anything original since it released, except for phasing. Thats their only orginal additon to MMO since it released 8+ years ago, phasing. Its more of a sad fact WoW players dont realise this.

See, that's just not true. You're exactly the kind of person I describe in my OP. You just don't really know what goes on in WoW nowadays (or indeed, the past few years). Claiming phasing is the only original idea Blizzard had with WoW is a laughable notion. Thanks for proving my point though, I knew there were *many* people like you!

About WAR..I think this pretty much lost it's meaning after WAR:AOE copy/pasted WoW, huh. I remember the fanboys back then, "WAR will kill WOW because WOW only copied WAR everyone knows that".

It didn't, they didn't, etc, etc. Obviously there's more to it than the theme.

P.S.: should've prefaced with this; who even cares if it's original? It's done better. Had no idea "gamer hipster" was a thing outside of hearbreaking facebook photos.

Nah, he is dead-on. If you played other MMO's over the years, you'll see that when a neat, new feature is implemented in a game, Blizzard will add it to their game within 6 months. The Warcraft players will try the other game later on and swear the developers stole the ideas from Blizzard.

It is what it is.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Seeing people criticise WoW or Blizzard for adding the same things to their game as other games may already have, well, it's a ridiculous thing to hold against WoW.

When the first modern motor car was created by Karl Benz, does that mean Ferarri, Porsche, BMW etc are crap because they use features in their cars that he did? Is innovation not meant to be a case of taking something, adapting and improving it to make it better?

I see that Blizzard have taken most of the liked and appreciated aspects of MMOs and made a game with lots of successful features; isn't that what all companies shoud do with all their products?

I still haven't found a game with a user interface and set up tha plays as well as WoW's, so it's a pity that other companies can't do some things as well as Blizzard.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821

Still waiting for an answer as to which MMO did Dungeon Finder before WoW.

Adaptation is how things evolve, survive and thrive in a hostile environment. If you dont adapt to changes then you get left behind.

This is why WoW is thriving and why Warhammer Online was left behind.