Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF is F2P for old subscribers now untill November, 15th

Yeah, it's true. All former and present subscribers can play DFO for a month for free!

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Does anyone know if the current client will update to Unholy Wars?  My guess is no but you can never be to sure.
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by Badaboom
    Does anyone know if the current client will update to Unholy Wars?  My guess is no but you can never be to sure.

Is TT coming back to 2.0?

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Kshahdoo

Yeah, it's true. All former and present subscribers can play DFO for a month for free!

So how the fuck do I get them to reload my old character?  I just patched, logged in, and no char.

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

You do not get your old character, you have to start over but the skills increase like 20x faster

Honestly I am only going to increase one skill and go all the way, for fun and see how far I get.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by psykobilly
    Originally posted by Kshahdoo Yeah, it's true. All former and present subscribers can play DFO for a month for free!
    So how the fuck do I get them to reload my old character?  I just patched, logged in, and no char.

Greetings,

If your account has been inactive for some time, your character is deactivated, not deleted. This is part of a new back up character system in place to reduce database size. If you reactivate an account it may take up to twenty minutes for the character to show up. If you try logging in a few times over this period and the character remains deactivated, let AV Support know the name of your character and verify that you have a free character slot in your reply and we will forward your ticket for character restoration.

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Topherpunch
    You do not get your old character, you have to start over but the skills increase like 20x fasterHonestly I am only going to increase one skill and go all the way, for fun and see how far I get. 

Nah, you won't be able to create a new toon, if you have an old one.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Made a new character yesterday, it's absolutely insane how high the skills go up now. Pretty much all I heard was "ding, ding, ding" for 5 hours straigth. With that being said, I somewhat missed DarkFall. Although most of it's flaws haven't been fixed, the PvP is still very fun and what kept me playing for over a year and a half (2009-2010). I just didn't want to give money to a company that has been so incompetent, so now that the game is free I'll probably end up playing for the whole month, and wait and see if UW is worth it. I'm still much too wary of Aventurine to blindly jump in.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

You do not get your old character, you have to start over but the skills increase like 20x faster

Honestly I am only going to increase one skill and go all the way, for fun and see how far I get.

Well I had an old one, which had disappeared when I logged in (last played about two months ago).

When I pressed "play" I got to the char creation menu and was able to make a new dude. Don't think I'll play much though, feels pointless to level up a char when there's only a month left.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Wow , you are just full of bad information. image

Starting a new character will screw up the automatic character repopulation after server maintenance and will require extra steps from Support.

I had my old character reinstated (see post below)

Originally posted by Biskop

Well I had an old one, which had disappeared when I logged in (last played about two months ago).

When I pressed "play" I got to the char creation menu and was able to make a new dude. Don't think I'll play much though, feels pointless to level up a char when there's only a month left.

Contact support they'll fix it.

Contact support, had my old charater back in a few hours.

"We currently have a back-up system that stores your character for security after some time of inactivity. Usually the back-up system automatically restores your character an hour after resubscribing. If this fails we can help restore your character for you. In case this happens we'll need some more details to continue with the restoration process."

Contact support, had my old charater back in a few hours.

"We currently have a back-up system that stores your character for security after some time of inactivity. Usually the back-up system automatically restores your character an hour after resubscribing. If this fails we can help restore your character for you. In case this happens we'll need some more details to continue with the restoration process."

• BenjimonBenjimon Member Posts: 8

Am I the only one whose account is not active? It is not a trial account, I had active sub two different times for months. I don't understand but apparently support isn't getting back to me about it. When I try to log in it says "account not active (#3)"

Anybody please help me I want to play :(

Originally posted by Benjimon

Am I the only one whose account is not active? It is not a trial account, I had active sub two different times for months. I don't understand but apparently support isn't getting back to me about it. When I try to log in it says "account not active (#3)"

Anybody please help me I want to play :(

Im in the same boat on my second account which was just transfered from Euro.  I've been talking to support and its been escalated.

• BenjimonBenjimon Member Posts: 8

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I am starting to understand a lot of people are having this problem. Only difference is I haven't been contacted by support yet, I assume you use the contact us link on the NA page? I did that and also sent an email.. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by Benjimon

Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I am starting to understand a lot of people are having this problem. Only difference is I haven't been contacted by support yet, I assume you use the contact us link on the NA page? I did that and also sent an email.. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Thanks for your reply.

I had issues with my character missing on the NA server, support fixed that in about 3 hours. (account 1)

I've had like 4 replies dealing withe the above error after getting my Euro transfer sorted. (account 2 )