Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old DFO player question about UW

MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
As a returning player from DFO(stopped about a year ago) will I have to pay for the client of Unholy Wars? It was stated a long time ago that would not be the case for 2.0, but they changed the name again and the announcement I read makes it seem that way :(. After all the crap we went through you would think you just needed to resub and patch and play...

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Comments

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

The only announcement they have made stated that players that have paid for the original version do not have to pay for the client.   They only have to resub.  

However, I get the feeling it will be a limited time offer at launch.

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    If you bought DF in the past you will only have to pay for the sub.  If it's a limited time offer I still plan to re-sub the moment they let me.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by thinktank001

The only announcement they have made stated that players that have paid for the original version do not have to pay for the client.   They only have to resub.  

However, I get the feeling it will be a limited time offer at launch.

Since the hype-train really got going just a bit ago I haven't paid DF:UW much attention, assuming it would be another client I'd have to purchase. But if this is true that I can just resub, well, I'll at least be checking it out.

I wonder if this is the case how much flaming is going to take place due to lack of launch sales. Oh wells. At least I'll be able to possibly check it out!

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Great news, I posted this a little quickly without looking at their blog they stated that there lol:

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3315

I will definently resub when it launches and will keep an eye on it now! Hopefully they fixed the issues and learned a lot for this new version.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.