Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeon Finder and levelling and gearing up

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I just hit 15 on my troll druid and started to join the dungeon finder. Aside from stuff where a warrior who cannot use intelligence rolled on the intelligence ring and won in Deadmines and just laughed when someone asked why he rolled on it. His stupid answer was that he did not have a ring I was wondering about other aspects.

If I can manage to not choke and die from the way this dungeon finder manages to get people who rush through a dungeon and roll on items they cannot use will I be able to get gear for raid dungeons and ten men raids later as I progress.Will I still get the gear I need to get to end game through the dungeons and subsequently when I am geared from the normal dungeons raid finder. I was hoping to find better people meaning more communicative and less greedy people as I get higher.I am also hoping I do not burn out of the game before that.

I suppose I can mine and get ore and get my mounts but was hoping my gear problem will be solved through dungeon then raid finder. Am I mistaken about this ?

Chamber of Chains

Comments

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Once you get to Outland, dungeons begin to filter your ability to roll on items by whether it is of your primary gear type.

Exemple. On a  warrior, you are not allowed to roll need on cloth, leather, or mail gear, because that is not what you should be equipping. Only plate gear is available for you to roll on. You may also only roll on weapons that you can actually equip.

if ur a druid , later on you will be able to roll on almost everything (leather) because u can be tank, dps,healer.casterdps

u may end up teaming up with a paladin that will roll on intellect even if he a retrebution because he got a off spec healer..

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

1-60  gear doesn´t matter at all.  There will be jerks, but the reality is the dungeons are so easy that you do not need to worry about gear

60-80  LFD will make sure people can´t roll obnoxiously on gear, but it still doesn´t matter as gear isn´t really needed except maybe the tank needs to have some ´right´ items

80-90   Quest.   From 80-85 you definetly do not want to level through LFD.   Cata dungeons have a lot of mechanisms.. and all those players that went 1-80 are going to ignore them and wipe.

When you get to endgame, not only does LFD not allow you to roll need on gear that isn´t for you ( warriors rolling on cloth etc), but the LFD also does a pretty decent job of making sure that the 3 dps use different armor types ( ie, a rogue, a mage and a DPS warrior).