Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The voice acting - yay or nay?

How do you feel about the voice acting in MOP?

There's substainally more of it this time around. Personally I love it. I'm doing Valley of the Four Winds right now and the kid that follows you around making fun of you (and the game itself, love that sort of humour) adds a lot to the experience.

On the other hand, I've heard people say they hate the voiceovers. Why?

Comments

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Doesn't make any difference if you read it or hear it as far as I'm concerned.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Really?

Not talking about quests here, I mean the odd quip or comment NPCs make, specifically the cub pandaren that follows you around in the Valley of four winds zone, as an example.

You don't think that adds anything? Strange.

I hated VO in SW TOR, because it was just longwinded and boring. Ended up skipping *every* dialog. Here, it doesn't interrupt your gameplay, just adds a layer of immersion.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

woot>

Theres hardly any vo, not enough to complain about anyway, what there is in cut scenes makes what you do fun in my opinion.

SWTOR was vo cut scene insania.

True, there's very little VO, but compared to previous expansions - there's a lot MORE.

Ah well, I find it enjoyable at least, honestly that's all I care about. Was just wondering if anyone else noticed it.

• PraviusPravius Member UncommonPosts: 68
    To me it sounds like white dudes trying to sound asian at times, other times I like it alot, just depends.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    yay to all voice acting in MMOs. I don't care if the actors are terrible or even if what they are saying isn't interesting. I would rather hear quest information instead of reading it. I do read it in MMO, almost always. If I had the choice tho I'd choose even the shittiest voice acting and stupidiest voices over reading.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

I am thankful that the quality of the voice acting has increased dramatically compared to the previous expansions. I don't think I could have standed it if all the new voice acting was as bad as previous attempts at incorporating it.

It's still not as good as the voice acting in other MMO releases, but... it could have been worse.

I've leveled now (85 - 90 in 1 month - took it slow) and find that I'm all for VO as long as it doesn't interrupt or delay gameplay (think Argent Tournament if you don't skip the intro).

If someone jabbers on while I do my business, that's great. If they take control of your character away from you or don't let you progress further before they finish talking - forget it.

Anyone still remember the Shattrah intro? That was the worst, didn't even have VO but made me cry everytime I levelled a new char.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I noticed this too the other day. There is a lot more voice stuff than there used to be. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • I like it a lot. It's the only parts where I pay attention to the story. But I miss the interactive dialogues from SWTOR.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Deleted User
    How do you feel about the voice acting in MOP? There's substainally more of it this time around. Personally I love it. I'm doing Valley of the Four Winds right now and the kid that follows you around making fun of you (and the game itself, love that sort of humour) adds a lot to the experience.On the other hand, I've heard people say they hate the voiceovers. Why?

Although i have not played mop, Voice acting in general is great!..as long as it does not detract from other features.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development