Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate Rift music.

ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

The game is fine, actually I rather enjoy it. Although there are times I feel like the mobs are packed into the zones and I wish my Bladedance spec was more viable plus a few other minor niggles. But the music is horrible. The opening music is okay, nothing spectacular.  But the rest is souless, dull and repetative that seems to go on a 30 second loop. It doesn't help the games atmosphere at all in fact it ruins the atnosphere. Compared to other games like AOC, GW2, TSW and even Vanguard, the quality in Rift is poor in comparison.

You may think so what, music isn't that important and besides I can turn it off and listen to my own music. But I believe that music is almost as important as the graphics when it comes to giving a gameworld it's soul or ambiance and I do like to listen to it for a while before I eventualy switch it of and listen to the radio. But with rift, I can't listen to the music and ther overall sound direction of the game is poor.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I havent had the music on in rift for over a year haha. Its pretty bad. But the ambient sounds and effects are great. The storm legion trailer music and the dimensions trailer music are well done. I wish that style was in the game.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

It's hit and miss.

The overall feeling of it actually can grow on you. The chants, drums, strings.

But it lacks proper variety.  Storm Legion (from what I've heard of its OST...ahem) only partially helps this.

I'd say Rift launched with a 6.5/10 soundtrack overall, developed into a 7/10 by now with any of the new tracks, and will be a 7.5ish/10 with Storm Legion.

I wish they'd let us disable the combat music, which mostly sucks. Not totally, but in most zones it feels like annoying-to-the-ears filler.