Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me upgrade my PC? I think I need a new graphics card.

CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

Here is my current build..I'll be upping the 4 gig ram to 8 gigs when I have the money. I just need a good recommendation for a graphic card. Hoping to run Skyrim on high with no lag at all, or even ultra(I can run it on high right now with little lag..For some reason)

I've noticed that my FPS drops in new MMO's such as Firefall, world of tanks and APB. I'd like to fix that so I can enjoy modern MMO's without 10 fps.

Processor:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~4.4GHz

Memory:

4096MB RAM

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Also running Windows 7 64 bit.

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

What case do you have, and what power supply?

An aging dual core processor may be a mild problem in some games, but on the bright side, it's very fast for a dual core (especially with your overclock; more recent generations of Intel dual cores aren't overclockable), and certainly shouldn't push you down to 10 frames per second.

A GeForce GTS 450 should be able to handle any game out there at suitable settings.  Suitable isn't the same thing as maxed settings, however, and won't always even be high settings.  If the issue is that games run fine at low settings but then choke when you go for the settings you want, then a new video card might be the fix.

What's your budget?

• simonwest80simonwest80 Member Posts: 173

Depending on how much you want to spend i would suggest:

AMD 7770 (around 90-110 pounds)

AMD 7850 (130-150 pounds)

AMD 7870/Nvidia 660 (from 175 pounds)

Sorry its in pounds - but is to give you an idea of why the cards were chosen.

However you need to make sure that your PSU can cope with a new gfx card.

I wouldnt go any higher than a 7870/660 as i would think after that your CPU will start bottlenecking the system.