Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess I'm a pirate

ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
So after they announced that the majority of us who use ad blocking addons are pirates, it seems they have taken the next step forward. I don't know if this is specific to myself, but I cannot access anything on the site now with my addon up. But if I disable said addon, the content is back. Guess they would rather block us if we don't whitelist their ads. So I guess I was stealing all the content the site provided. This is a sad day. I really do love this site and would donate for no ads, but its just a shame the site would go this route.

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hi Zet,

I just tested this myself in Chrome and Firefox, but don't have any issue when I turn on an ad blocker add-on.  What blocker are you using?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ToxxelToxxel Member Posts: 1
    Always update filters.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    There was an article that I was showing some friends and gave them the link. No content displayed until they turned off their ad blocker. Personally never had a problem with this, but I don't use any ad blockers either.
  • gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    i dont understand whats so bad about the ads..dont click on them simple. if its the pop up ones then yeah i understand. i have ad blocker 2 and white listed this site because the ads are not annoying..
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by gunthology
    i dont understand whats so bad about the ads..dont click on them simple. if its the pop up ones then yeah i understand. i have ad blocker 2 and white listed this site because the ads are not annoying..

I think the only "bad" ads I've seen are the flashy ads (the ones that blink and flash while you are trying to read...ugg)  and I haven't seen any of them in a while.