Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To buy the x-pac or not to buy?

ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Getting a little borred with gw2, and thinking of picking up MOP.  

I was never a hardcore elite raider by any means, but I did really enjoy my time raiding with my casual relaxed guild I had at the time.  And I'm finding I really miss that socialization aspect of MMO's.  Too many MMO's now days are 99% solo and that other 1% is optionally soloable also.

I'm a long time supporter that BC was the best xpac of them all, for many many different reasons.  And I've heard that a lot of MoP goes back to some of what made BC really great.  Is any of that jive true?

Also does anyone want to send me a scroll of resurection? =)  PM me and I'll hook up the first to do so, assuming the xpac is worth coming back for.

Comments

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

World of Dailiescraft.

Have fun, way too many people are realizing that there is nothing to do at endgame again, but to each his own I guess.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

I am not telling you if you should or should not play WoW or get MoP(I do not play the game anymore and find it boring and repetitive now-aday's, and tired of reapt content) But this is a great video to watch and listen to and is 100% Right i am a Classic WoWer and BC was the best Expasion's they released, Went downhill from there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-zVIBVo

(This video should help you decide)

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Btw anyone currently playing WoW that can recommend a really active server for both horde and alliance?  (unsure which I will play yet)  Will be starting over from scratch.  Used to play on moonguard... def don't want to go back there.  Have no preferance of pvp or PvE.  I'll most likely still be doing most of my PvP in GW2 as I think that's the only really shining beacon in GW2 future.
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Heh yea..  I've seen that video.  And while I agree with most of what he says we can't really control the direction the game goes.  Yes players as a whole direct it through purchases.  But 1 or 1000 players is just a drop in the bucket.

Is anyone actually playing the game that can give me an opinion on the x-pac?

Originally posted by ragz45
    Btw anyone currently playing WoW that can recommend a really active server for both horde and alliance?  (unsure which I will play yet)  Will be starting over from scratch.  Used to play on moonguard... def don't want to go back there.  Have no preferance of pvp or PvE.  I'll most likely still be doing most of my PvP in GW2 as I think that's the only really shining beacon in GW2 future.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

This website will answer all your question's tho keep in mind it is and has never been 100% correct but it might be able to help out.

Heh yea..  I've seen that video.  And while I agree with most of what he says we can't really control the direction the game goes.  Yes players as a whole direct it through purchases.  But 1 or 1000 players is just a drop in the bucket.

Is anyone actually playing the game that can give me an opinion on the x-pac?

That is not true the power of voice is strong, But we are lazy and let the game get well crap. But to each of there own.

• HawksterHawkster Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I am currently playing GW2, and yes I can see where I might be bored after a while.  But....I will never get bored enough to go back to WoW.  Vanilla Beta through Catatonic....never again. 
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by lionexx

I am not telling you if you should or should not play WoW or get MoP(I do not play the game anymore and find it boring and repetitive now-aday's, and tired of reapt content) But this is a great video to watch and listen to and is 100% Right i am a Classic WoWer and BC was the best Expasion's they released, Went downhill from there..

Oh?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig
    Originally posted by lionexx

Oh?

Yep..

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by Hawkster
    I am currently playing GW2, and yes I can see where I might be bored after a while.  But....I will never get bored enough to go back to WoW.  Vanilla Beta through Catatonic....never again. 

Same with me too.  GW2 is a little too auto-dynamic like a single player game with people around you.  HOWEVER same with WoW.

As much as I sub and quit WoW after a very short time ( less than a month ), My mind is still programed to think " go back to WoW " But I have to remember this is a mental problem I have and must resist.....Because WoW is really crap.

I'm going out of town for a month.  When I return I think I'm gonna try one of the Vanilla WoW free realm servers.  I wish Blizzard would make some Vanilla WoW servers, but as long as the Expansion cash cows are still working, we may never see one.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Getting a little borred with gw2, and thinking of picking up MOP.  

I was never a hardcore elite raider by any means, but I did really enjoy my time raiding with my casual relaxed guild I had at the time.  And I'm finding I really miss that socialization aspect of MMO's.  Too many MMO's now days are 99% solo and that other 1% is optionally soloable also.

I'm a long time supporter that BC was the best xpac of them all, for many many different reasons.  And I've heard that a lot of MoP goes back to some of what made BC really great.  Is any of that jive true?

Also does anyone want to send me a scroll of resurection? =)  PM me and I'll hook up the first to do so, assuming the xpac is worth coming back for.

Played WOW for many years and never did any end game raiding and still it didn't stop me from playing.