Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has GW2 pushed you back to WoW!?

2»

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    It didn't push me back to WoW, it more or less passed some time while I was waiting for MoP to release.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Originally posted by BadSpock

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Such a solo game now... no thanks.

Just because you are in a group of people that are doing the same thing, but never talking to each other or needing each other does not make GW2 a non-solo game.

When I'm tackling a champion mob with another player we are playing together.

There is no buts or ifs.

Last time I checked the objective of a online multiplayer game is to play with oth?er people.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129

To each thier own,  had a lot of fun in WoW but been away since the release of AION, and haven't been back. Dont miss it.

my kids still play.

Just too many superior games out now (well matter of opinion I know) but the old graphics, and feel just have had enough of that.

would to back to Rift before WoW I think.

Playing: EVE, TSW, GW2 currently.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Originally posted by BadSpock

WoW combat is far too slow and uninteresting after playing GW2 - no way I could go back...

Though no one does gear progression as fun/well as WoW does, you only get 2-3 weeks of fun out of it before you hit the wall at end-game waiting for the next tier to be released.

My days of grinding heroics, raids to gear up - only to quit and come back on the next patch cycle to do it over again, and to grind BG's for PvP gear....

long over.

Now that they added Raid Finder - no need to ever join a guild or actually make friends, you can just PUG heroics till you are geared enough to PUG Raids via Raid Finder.

Such a solo game now... no thanks.

Just because you are in a group of people that are doing the same thing, but never talking to each other or needing each other does not make GW2 a non-solo game.

When I'm tackling a champion mob with another player we are playing together.

There is no buts or ifs.

Last time I checked the objective of a online multiplayer game is to play with oth?er people.

Then it is no different than a LFG instance.  You are playing with other people.  Thank you for supporting me.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    After TERA & GW2, I can't go back to WoW. I can't go back to the dated graphics. I can't go back to the sloooow PVE combat.
This discussion has been closed.