It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Caveat, this is a fun ARPG and well worth the $20 fee.
It's a fun game, but it's definitely not the next D2. I'm beginning to fear there really never will be a next D2. I'd love to see a company take all of the good from D2, add some new stuff and make an amazing and deep ARPG.
I think TL2 has a very solid foundation but not the budget, team size or ambition to make the defining ARPG. My additions would be geared towards being what D3 could have been. Maybe something to target with TL3.
1) Closed bnet like servers - yeah I know it won't happen
2) Incorporate charms, runes and runewords from D2
3) Updated engine with higher rez assets
4) Full respecs but double the number of classes and add a new class every 6 months
5) Better story and voice overs
6) Less potion spamming - I kind of like D3's solution to this
7) Less steam punk and cartoony
8) Less reliance on resistances and incorporate a deeper itemization system like D2 had, such as class or class tree bonus skills (ie. SOJ, Shako, ...)
9) Uber bosses with uber loot
10) More class balance
11) More players per game