Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF Online is Back!

TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I was a player back when the game was initially released.  I played for a good 7-8 months and had a blast, even though the game was far from perfect.

Over the years, after it shut down in North America, I occasionally searched for the game, hoping it would rise back up.  Well, Rising Force Online has done just that over at Games Campus website.  Find it there, download it, and play it for free.

Not sure yet how it will be.  There are changes, the most obvious is the ftp model.  For any fans of the game, I thought I would post to let you guys know.

Right now, I sense that there aren't very many English speaking players around, but the game was just fired up and hopefully lots of players from everywhere will begin to populate the servers for some good ol' Chip Wars once again.

Tagged:

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Sadly I'm  not sure a whole lot of people care.

• GruntyGrunty Member RarePosts: 8,493

All I remember from it is the following:

Turkmen!

Can I get some assistance with this quest?

BR!

Turkmen!!

BR!!

Turkmen!!!

BR! BR! BR!

Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!

Anyone?

BR! BR! BR!

Hello?

BR! BR! BR!

Bueller?

BR! BR! BR!

Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!Turkmen! Turkmen! Turkmen!

She was grimacing. "That does sound like what America's has been trying to do for the last century or two--get rich faster than the parasites could steal it."   The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson
  • AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,055
    Game was fun back then, was RL several times.. but it still remains a non updated game.
  • sadboysadboy Member Posts: 66
    Sadly I knew there would be problems with Codemasters at the helm November 9, 2008 was when they lost their licence to distribute the game
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,108
    And looks like it's back again.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,375
    edited May 29
    Tiller said:
    And looks like it's back again.
    lol I know, I honestly feel bad for the people who love this game since it always disappears shortly after it reappears. Its actually not a bad game from what I played of it years ago. Felt like an online version of xenogears (which definitely deserves a pc port so get on that SE!).
    Post edited by Albatroes on