Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2>MOP

in every aspect there is no denying it. and even blizzard knows it, thats y u all get ur new blizzard MMO sometime soon.

As you can see below I am a wow veteran since beta of 2004.

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Every aspect except raiding maybe... was never a huge fan of it myself.  But I expect this thread will get locked.  It's bait of the most delicious kind.
  • HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    get ready for full force kung-fu pokemon panda retaliation....take cover bro
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Usually a full game is better than just an expansion.  Whatever GW2 needs to get an edge I guess!

• invizoinvizo Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Every aspect except raiding maybe... was never a huge fan of it myself.  But I expect this thread will get locked.  It's bait of the most delicious kind.

lol it will.  I do miss raiding but it is like, ok i completed all the available raids now what?

SEE YOU GUYS IN 3 MONTHS WHEN THEY GIVE US 2 MORE HOURS OF RAID CONTENT.

Originally posted by invizo
    Originally posted by Eir_S

lol it will.  I do miss raiding but it is like, ok i completed all the available raids now what?

SEE YOU GUYS IN 3 MONTHS WHEN THEY GIVE US 2 MORE HOURS OF RAID CONTENT.

At first I thought you were talking about the GW2 dungeons and the paid expansions coming to add more.

• LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282

I've played GW2 since launch and just restarted playing WoW with the launch of MoP (haven't played since 2005) and for me:

MoP > GW2

Why, because WoW is great at implementing PvE story and making the quests and levels flow.  I do think GW2 is innovative and does some great things, but I value smooth gameplay (themepark - style) and story that really pulls me in, which is what WoW does best.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

This is like comparing which form of cancer I'd rather have.  I personally can't stand WoW and GW2 was nothing like I wanted.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449
    And EVE Online is better than both of them put together, go figure :)
  • dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184

if yu say so :)

doesnt matter 2 me i can play wow but gw2 is 2 new fer my stoneage machine :)

im sure there r ppl whos enjoyin pandaria more thn gw2 :)

so i think ppl shuld play those games they enjoy n leave it at tht

Originally posted by helthros
    And EVE Online is better than both of them put together, go figure :)

Now now, to be fair, EVE Online is a true MMORPG not held back by sharding, server select screens, paid expansions that fragment the community, or PVP content that just gets reset every week or two (pointless).  You can't really compare EVE to an expansion and an "everybody wins be happy" MMO

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I disagree... though honestly I don't really support WoW either so eh... I'm a bit out there.
    Originally posted by Ltldogg

I've played GW2 since launch and just restarted playing WoW with the launch of MoP (haven't played since 2005) and for me:

MoP > GW2

Why, because WoW is great at implementing PvE story and making the quests and levels flow.  I do think GW2 is innovative and does some great things, but I value smooth gameplay (themepark - style) and story that really pulls me in, which is what WoW does best.

I'm sorry but r u on crack?

There are no cinematics in WoW, there is no forced Story line on the user, the combat system feels like it did in 2004, and there is no themepark (i assume u mean sandbox) style to speak of.  Leveling is always stale and when u hit max level, u get 3 options if u want to continue that character.

1. Dungeon Farm

2. Raid Farm

3. PVP Farm

4. Do it all over again one month later when ur sh*t is worthless.

BTW the charr storyline for gw2 in my opinion topped even the story in SWTOR, becoming more and more epic as u approach 80.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    This again? Feeling insecure much?
    Originally posted by Ltldogg

MoP > GW2

I'm sorry but r u on crack?

There are no cinematics in WoW, there is no forced Story line on the user, the combat system feels like it did in 2004, and there is no themepark (i assume u mean sandbox) style to speak of.  Leveling is always stale and when u hit max level, u get 3 options if u want to continue that character.

1. Dungeon Farm

2. Raid Farm

3. PVP Farm

4. Do it all over again one month later when ur sh*t is worthless.

So what you're saying is, in Guild Wars 2 you get more options, such as grinding %s of areas, grinding tasks (hearts), grinding achievements, grinding for PVP gear, the seperate from the actual game personal story, or um... crafting?  lol

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

yup..apparantly GW2 fans have to compensate by annoying every other playerbase out there lol

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Ok so the mods let this odvious troll go?  No wonder people have no respect for GW2 fans or this site.
    Originally posted by miagisan

yup..apparantly GW2 fans have to compensate by annoying every other playerbase out there lol

I can almost gaurantee I've played more WoW than any1 in this thread.  I am a WoW fanboy that has seen the truth.

and COME ON if i was trolling u guys it would be at least Secret World>WOW as the topic title

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I currently am subscribed to both WoW and Rift, I also play GW2. What I find funny about the whole issue is this:
    When I log into Rift, many times we see general chat topics turn to other MMOs. Mostly WoW or GW2 and how one of the 3 games will come out on top of the other 2.

When I log into GW2, it's a similar scene. "Go back to WoW noob!" "This aint Azeroth" "GW2 will destroy WoW"

When I log into WoW, I see "I need to get my new battle pet leveled" "Oh, you got to 90 already" "Who's up for dungeons? Anyone doing heroics yet?" "What level is your Monk now?"

See the difference?

Originally posted by miagisan

I can almost gaurantee I've played more WoW than any1 in this thread.  I am a WoW fanboy that has seen the truth.

and COME ON if i was trolling u guys it would be at least Secret World>WOW as the topic title

You should know better than to use your "experience" as to which game is better. Both games are quite different from one another and I find both quite enjoyable, each in their own way.

And that too comes from someone from way back. Not that that means anything, lol.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I currently am subscribed to both WoW and Rift, I also play GW2. What I find funny about the whole issue is this:
    When I log into Rift, many times we see general chat topics turn to other MMOs. Mostly WoW or GW2 and how one of the 3 games will come out on top of the other 2.

When I log into GW2, it's a similar scene. "Go back to WoW noob!" "This aint Azeroth" "GW2 will destroy WoW"

When I log into WoW, I see "I need to get my new battle pet leveled" "Oh, you got to 90 already" "Who's up for dungeons? Anyone doing heroics yet?" "What level is your Monk now?"

See the difference?

The reason for this being:

1. The majority of WoW's playerbase knew no other MMOs and were new to the series.

2. All MMOs today derive most of their playerbases from existing MMOs with >2% being new to the genre.

So therefore

WoW chat stays on topic because most people that use the chat either:

A. have a bad pc(stuck with playing wow)

B. Know no other MMO (nothing to mention about other MMOs then).

Thats why other MMOs always talk about WoW

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I played gw2 few weeks and got bored. MOP PvE is much more fun. I always liked WoW story. GW1 had realy boring story imo and after playing human personal story in gw2 I can only say that it is even worse in gw2.
    But I must say that I find PvP in gw2 to be much better than in WoW

See the difference?

1. The majority of WoW's playerbase knew no other MMOs and were new to the series.

2. All MMOs today derive most of their playerbases from existing MMOs with >2% being new to the genre.

So therefore

With reasoning like that I can see why you played WoW for so long.

Seriously, I thought you might have made this thread to actually reasonably discuss why you like GW2 better than an expansion for another game.  Then you posted this and I just can't take you seriously anymore.

Originally posted by kadepsyson

See the difference?

So therefore

With reasoning like that I can see why you played WoW for so long.

Seriously, I thought you might have made this thread to actually reasonably discuss why you like GW2 better than an expansion for another game.  Then you posted this and I just can't take you seriously anymore.

Its even funnier considering that in every new MMO I have played, people ALWAYS talk about WoW in the first week or so, be it launch or beta.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    WoW is traditional MMORPG at its finest. GW2 is a new kind of MMORGP at its finest. There are crowds for both kinds of game. You cannot even say GW2 > GW1 because both games share very few concepts. I'd say WoW and GW2 are huge games for those who like the playstyle offered in each of them. For people who like both playstyles it cannot get any better than this. For people who like one of them, well, you got what you are wishing for.
  • tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70

It's like saying a bag of cat turds is > a bag of dog turds.

Who cares? They both stink.

This discussion has been closed.