Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure if my Laptop can run this game..!!!

2»

Comments

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Duilyon

Hell what resolution should I put it on? It looks so weird right now. Kind of grainy.

Well I keep playing but the FPS shoots down hardcore too frequently for me to play. I keep changingthe graphics but itll play perfect for a few minutes then will go back to the way it was. It is very odd.

Not too sure how to fix it. Maybe my computer can just not play it : (

Not sure what to tell you. We have the same computer and mine runs just fine. What else do you have running that might interfere with bandwidth or processing? Maybe shut down some Windows services?

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Make sure you have the laptop plugged into the wall whenever trying to play games.  You don't want power-saving settings to kick in and switch you to integrated graphics.

Also make sure that it's well-ventilated, and you're not blocking any air vents.  Overheating will cause clock speeds to thottle back severely.

You can check directly on the bottleneck monitoring your hardware.  You can look at processor activity in Task Manager.  AMD Catalyst Control Center lets you check on the GPU activity of an AMD card, so I'd expect that Nvidia Control Panel would do the same for an Nvidia card, but I haven't had an Nvidia card recently.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    During the beta I was using a e8500 3.0 dual core, ati 4870-512, 4 gig of ram on windows xp and I had to run at low graphics to get good performance, i could inch up a couple of things to medium but not to many.  I could have been because i was using windows xp and did not have enough ram.  My new computer has a 3570 quad core, ati 7800 and 8 gig of ram and now I can ultra almost everything although i turn shadows down a bit.    
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I have  an asus laptop plays the game fine with 560M card, 660M is reccomended by Nvidia to play TSW. That cpu is a powerhouse too, I have sandy bridge, I hear ivy bridge is blowing desktop cpus out of the water. I play the game on directx 11 on high, ultra slows it down some, but a laptop monitor can't distinguish between the two. Might want to add a faster hdd though, 5400 is a little slow.