Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cross Realm Zones hurting WOW & MOP sales???

13»

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by MikkelB

I only starting playing Pandaria this weekend, so I haven't experienced the CRZ much. I did enjoy it however, when I instantly got a group together for [3]Counterattack! in the Northren Barrens. People were even asking for groups in the chat for that quest, something I haven't seen a lot before. Last month I did a lot of archeology on my paladin. Only in the Eastern Kingdoms. I was actually shocked to see al those zones empty, onyl filled with NPC's. If the CRZ can counter that, I'm already glad. I haven't ran into any bugs (yet) and I'm pretty confident that Blizzard will fix those asap.

Regarding questing, yes, perhaps Blizzard needs to look at certain spawntimers. Regarding resources, hell no, the way it's now, it's like in the old days, zones filled with players, with all needing the resources. A month ago it was more the opposite, nearly no players, with one or two players having a fieldday with resources in the empty zones.

Heres a ovel approach.  Do away with anything that promotes laziness and sitting around in cities.  That is the main reason why I quit WoW, such a horrible decsion to promote dungeon/instance/battleground/raid/daily queing from cities.  Once you hit level cap there is ZERO reason to go into the world and that is just wrong!

Id take a dwindling (supposedly) playerbase in GW2 where the world is ALWAYS alive and there are people doing things throughout the world.  At this point WoW might as well go full on lobby based gameplay ala D3 or GW1 and save money on server space.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

At this point WoW might as well go full on lobby based gameplay ala D3 or GW1 and save money on server space.

thats been my issue w WOW too

at launch, WOW was commended as a seamless world -- except boat rides and dungeons

now, much of WOW gameplay is an instanced world

players sitting in cities queuing for instances:  dungeons, scenarios, battegrounds, raids

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The only real problems I'd find with CRZ is the disappearing nodes and rares.

Other than that, people don't actually leave the "main towns" anymore.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by MikkelB

I only starting playing Pandaria this weekend, so I haven't experienced the CRZ much. I did enjoy it however, when I instantly got a group together for [3]Counterattack! in the Northren Barrens. People were even asking for groups in the chat for that quest, something I haven't seen a lot before. Last month I did a lot of archeology on my paladin. Only in the Eastern Kingdoms. I was actually shocked to see al those zones empty, onyl filled with NPC's. If the CRZ can counter that, I'm already glad. I haven't ran into any bugs (yet) and I'm pretty confident that Blizzard will fix those asap.

Regarding questing, yes, perhaps Blizzard needs to look at certain spawntimers. Regarding resources, hell no, the way it's now, it's like in the old days, zones filled with players, with all needing the resources. A month ago it was more the opposite, nearly no players, with one or two players having a fieldday with resources in the empty zones.

Heres a ovel approach.  Do away with anything that promotes laziness and sitting around in cities.  That is the main reason why I quit WoW, such a horrible decsion to promote dungeon/instance/battleground/raid/daily queing from cities.  Once you hit level cap there is ZERO reason to go into the world and that is just wrong!

Id take a dwindling (supposedly) playerbase in GW2 where the world is ALWAYS alive and there are people doing things throughout the world.  At this point WoW might as well go full on lobby based gameplay ala D3 or GW1 and save money on server space.

so what? can you kill any1 in the world? there is no point. the only point is to zerg DE's. nothing more.

it means nothing if you have as many ppl as you want out in the zones if you cant fight some1. you have your own minerals, your own herbs, your own storyline to follow, nothing to compete with others.  its like a single player game, either you want it or not.

i agree that you have to know what you buy before you do it, but anyway the game feels and IS a single player one, with some, not grouping, but playing alongside elements.

btw i loved GW1 far more than this one. it was (in its time) superior in every aspect than GW2. For me and most of my friends and guild mates will always be (in its current state) an alt mmo.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Pandas ?! no thank you

/thread

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    CRZ is so awesome I honestly don't care if they lose all but 100k subscribers.