Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im really looking forward to this!

GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

And i really hope Darkfall 2 doesnt get watered down to please the themepark crowd.

I really think as more of the MMORPG crowd matures, more and more will look for sandbox open world challenges like Darkfall.

Us oldtimers that's used to guild warfare from games like Asherons call, Shadowbane, DAoC, Darkfall etc will never be completly satisfied with themepark games. You can play them for a while, but i always end up feeling that something is missing.

Dont get me wrong, i dont play sandbox ffa games to gank people, even if it happens. I play it for the freedom to gank/fight people. I play it for the dangerous but free world it offers. Its up to me to be friendly or agressive. Its up to me to pve all day if i want to, but the world is still dangerous and unforgiven.

I love the guild politics, the guild warfare, the constant struggle to expand and conquer. And i love the fact that you always end up with personal enemies, both on forums and IG :) And i love the way you get much tighter bonds with people that you are fighting with.

I really hope Darkfall 2 delivers with the better UI and lesser grind. I also like the fact that DF2 has classes now, and not like it was in DF1 where everyone used everything and was the same.

If DF2 doesnt deliver i cant see any new games in the future in the MMORPG scene that will. So ill give it a really long and hard try like in the old times when i played MMO's for years, not weeks.

Im crossing my fingers for this one, but i still dont think it will realease as soon as 20th nov. ;)