Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get your money's worth with Guild Wars 2?!?

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I believe so, however at this point the GW2 novelty has wore off for me. I will probably come back when I get the itch to play it again.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Not yet.

But maybe after I learn to play it correctly that will change.

Just let it go man. Can't remember how many times I have seen you in particular make this statement, but repeating it won't change whoever hurt your feelings :)

Yes I have gotten my money's worth and the wife loves the game as well. I even bought a third copy for my best friends birthday and he loves it so far. Is it a second job like my fave MMO, nope. But I have definately gotten more value out of this title than just about every MMO I have played post WoW.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

What's the big deal??

It's only money.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

hell yer

only level 35 so far and have probbaly /age over 30 hours or so (havnet checked ina while)

game cost £35, thats the same as any single player type game, and i expect 30-40 hours of content in a single player game

to be honest, i only really started to understand (the single facet of play style ive tried so far) of my thief in the late 20's

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

When I think of the fact that I paid the same price for Diablo 3 and got NO WHERE NEAR as much entertainment value as I have from GW2, it makes me sick.

Still enjoying GW2 more than 1 month later.

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Not yet since i got bored very fast and stopped playing but since its B2P i can come back over the cause of the next years and eventually will get my moneys worth
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Anytime I spend at least a 100 hours playing a video game that I purchased, I know I got my moneys worth.
  • WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I didn't make the poll.

And if people like you did make the poll, they would also have kept only 2 options:

1)Yea 

2)Hell Yea.

Some people think that whoever doesnt acknowledge their absolute POV and endorse it: is by definition a "hater", while they  (the 'non-haters') are the most unbiased, rational, mature people on the internet. Pathetic Hyprocrisy.

The OP's question is very loaded since even a player who has quit after the 1st month can feel like he got "his money's worth" since its only $60, not $6000 or something that feels like an actual investment, and the value of a given quantity of money changes from person to person, but on the whole $60 isnt too much to crib and fuss over for a large majority of people who buy MMOs or any PC game for that matter. So the overall response is going to be "Yes" since the question is framed that way.

If you had created a poll that asked, "Was GW2 the 2nd coming that you were expecting?!?" then we would have seen a more varied response, but then again OP would have been called a hater for adding anything close to a "NO" option on the poll.

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Wendetta

I didn't make the poll.

And if people like you did make the poll, they would also have kept only 2 options:

1)Yea 

2)Hell Yea.

Some people think that whoever doesnt acknowledge their absolute POV and endorse it: is by definition a "hater", while they  (the 'non-haters') are the most unbiased, rational, mature people on the internet. Pathetic Hyprocrisy.

The OP's question is very loaded since even a player who has quit after the 1st month can feel like he got "his money's worth" since its only $60, not $6000 or something that feels like an actual investment, and the value of a given quantity of money changes from person to person, but on the whole $60 isnt too much to crib and fuss over for a large majority of people who buy MMOs or any PC game for that matter. So the overall response is going to be "Yes" since the question is framed that way.

If you had created a poll that asked, "Was GW2 the 2nd coming that you were expecting?!?" then we would have seen a more varied response, but then again OP would have been called a hater for adding anything close to a "NO" option on the poll.

Straw man

• samad1samad1 Member Posts: 24
    playin 5-10hours/day since i have bought the game. did it worth the money? HELL YEAH!
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The only recent game where I've felt ripped off was diablo3.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    140 hours in weeks time, I'm content.
  • spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

I'd say I got more than $60 worth of entertainment. The world feels alive. Divinity's Reach is the first mmo city that felt like a real city etc.  PVP can get old(when does it not?) But is fun. It's got almost nonstop castle sieges that remind me of fun times from lineage 2. I could go on but I really don't care to.

I come here to these gw2 forums and laugh at the hate. They want it to fail so bad, but It's just too good of a game to.  

GW2 is the best(ie funnest) mmo in the last few years to come out. I think.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Did I get my money worth. YES! When I look at rating systems that reviewers use I always find them lacking. All reviews are based on the game mechanics or what a reviewer wants or hopes a game should be. I look at it differently. I give GW2 a 10/10. Now before you all start flaming me as a fanboi I will explain myself. GW2 is not perfect!!! I base my ratings of mmos on a simple idea, the same idea as the title of this thread. "Did you get your money's worth" I got my money's worth out of GW2 twice over. When I think of how I spend my entertainment money GW2 tops the heap. I could start another thread about the mechanic of the game and where they succeed or fail but I did get my money's worth out of GW2 hence I give it a 10/10.
  • OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

- Well, I totally got my moneys worth (and am somewhere in the mid 40s levelwise)

Not going to bother getting sucked into the drama and banned again- GW2 was overhyped which is the REASON we see so many "hate " threads (many of which I agree with their points)- I knew what I was getting and thus am happy.

A fun game, casual and no sub. I have already logged about 40 hours or so (this is a total guess) and in short spurts it can be a blast. I feel I ALREADY got my moneys worth but know I will still be playing a few hours a week.

Does it lack "depth"? Yes, I feel it does. But thats OKAY and personally what I wanted and expected. I wanted (and got) a game I do not have to be married to and once I get another game to steal most of my time, this will be a nice break to play.

+1 In total agreement

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Based on the amount of entertainment I got out of it (measured in both enjoyable playtime and level (quality) of the entertainment), and compared to both other games I played and other types of entertainment (going to the movie, pub or a gig; movie paychanels; music cd's I bought) I can conclude that I already received my money's worth during the BWE's.

And the value is still increasing because I'm still enjoying the game thoroughly.

• mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    i said no due to the lack of things to do end game
  • WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Straw man

Dont think that term means what you think it means, junior.

In my middle paragraph, I was discussing about the OP's title and how the OP's title is garned towards one type of a response due to the virtue on how its framed, keeping in mind the criteria on which the OP's question makes the user answer the poll. But maybe I should have thrown in some large ---------------------- dividers between the paragraphs so as to not overload your sense of reasoning with knee-jerk reactions that some special people have towards posters who are critical of the level fanboyism generated by this game.

While there is a whole array of under-the-hood reasoning at work here, one that stands out the most (IMHO) is a sense of Belief Bias.

Since: $60 is average cost of MMOs for the box & first couple of months alone> $60 was spent on GW2 > Therefore $60 spent on GW2 is the average cost of GW2 for the box and first...couple of...month....alo.....?!?! HELL NO!!! Its only $60 foreverrrrrr (till xpac) so....its so damn WORTH IT!!!!.

Its a B2P game, and by that logic most people who used to spend that cost on boxes and maybe a month or two of subs will feel like this game is more than worth $60 simple because there is no recurring fee to play it in the future, but that doesnt satisfy OP's intent of advising potential players on buying the game based on a skewed poll of the "game's worth". There are Very few games that people will find not worth the money, since even getting a few good memories out of it and leaving it for whatever reason at whatever point of time is "worth it" for most average players. That also no way acts as a barometer by which new players can gauge a game's worth, unless you are the kind of person who jumps on the bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself.

But enough of that, lets not derail the topic discussing about such reasonings here, if you want any point clarified send me a PM and I`ll be happy to help you out with whatever confusions you are facing (regarding the topic only and not like real life problems).

EDIT: I too feel like I got my money's worth from GW2, dont know how to forgot to add that in my initial post.

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Hmm that's actually suprisingly hard to answer. 

I had some fun playing GW2 in first two beta weekends and then for some days after release.  It is also apparent that devs put alot of work into game and it shows. 

On the other hand I am disappointed on many things (in example on Dynamic Events, combat  and hand-holding) and on myself buying GW2 since it is not kind of game and not kind of mmoprg I am looking for.   So I don't feel like I've gotten my money worth BUT It is mostly my fault since I've suspected that this won't be game for me.

So I cannot put all blame on game itself.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Sp00sh

A simple answer to help future players purchase or steer clear of this game.

A simple question you may of asked but did not indicate which you choose and with your post count at 23 not sure what you are trying to achieve with this question!

Bandit.

Asbo

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by grimal
    10% people who "hate" the game yet still post on a fan forum of it - sounds like the normal percentage of... posters you better ignore =P

So why even bother having the poll then?

It is pointless unless you can actually filter out people who didnt purchase the game and are just trolling because they are fans of another game.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I think I got my money's worth in beta already =]
  • PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94
    The 50-60 dollars the game cost was nothing and considering there is no sub fee it's nice to have a maxed out char sitting in case one day they actually correct all the flaws and make WvW fun. Right now WvW is a total joke.

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Not yet.

But maybe after I learn to play it correctly that will change.

Just let it go man. Can't remember how many times I have seen you in particular make this statement, but repeating it won't change whoever hurt your feelings :)

Yes I have gotten my money's worth and the wife loves the game as well. I even bought a third copy for my best friends birthday and he loves it so far. Is it a second job like my fave MMO, nope. But I have definately gotten more value out of this title than just about every MMO I have played post WoW.

Note to self: Remember to tell Tardcore I was wrong. Reactions like this mean it is still worth using.

Reactions like what? Pointing out you sound like a broken record? If you looked any deeper than that then this would be the second of your responses that took something I said way out of context. Just read what's there and avoid reading into it and you'll be fine. As far as using  something like that to stir a reaction.... I think they have a word for that around here.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• As far as getting your money's worth.  Yes this is a better deal than any MMO ever released probably.  But that doesn't mean its a good purchase for some people.