Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rather try warthunder

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    I am going to download it tonight to try it.  I love war related flight sims

• tomatobeetomatobee Member Posts: 3

Just trying to download their client and holy is it slow.
    Did anyone else have this problem? It's topping out at like 0.6-0.8 MB/s for me, and I have up to a 50 downstream if I remember what I'm paying for...

The game is in the closed beta now, here are some collection of reviews, previews and screenshots
    http://www.dotmmo.com/war-thunder-15685.html
    http://www.mmowood.com/war-thunder

• Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

Ok as I have been testing this game for sometime here is what they do not tell you in any review. One the devs do not communicate with the Eu/Na server what so ever an most of the patch notes and news is provided by people who google translate off the russian forums.

There is massive polarizations over 2 topics in the game. Mouse vs joystick and arcade vs other play modes. These issues have caused a great ammount of drama in thie game and causes some people to act like elitest snobs...

The game economy has some massive issues at the moment. Several lower rank planes have rediculus repair cost and the all of the rewards have been massively nerfed to about 50% of what they use to be...As you progress in the game with your perfered nation you will end up losing money left and right. Even if you are top of the board with 8 air kills and 20 ground kills and a slew of hits and critical and 2 base caputres which accounted for over 60k credits made in arcade, the repairs cost me 65k. Meaning you have to get premium sub in order to play past rank 6 and be effective.

If you love german air planes your screwed hard core as they have a massive damage flaw in their cannons, even though german 20mm mine shells could knock any fighter out of the sky in about 2 hits or so and a heavy bomber in about 20 hits.

All japanese fighters are made of tissue and if you can hit them a few times will fall out of the sky.

British and Soviet planes are the top planes to fly and have no equals.

Soviet bombs do more damage then other nations.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Chivalry1978

Soviet bombs do more damage then other nations.

Well it is a Russian game right?