Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a reason to resubscribe before Storm Legion hits?

MorpheusMJWMorpheusMJW Member Posts: 27

First of all, I will be returning to RIFT when Storm Legion hits, but is there a reason to return before then?

I'm mostly into PvE dungeons/raiding and wondering if everything is already been done (I think I got upto Hammerknell but at the time barely anyone had scratched the surface, never mind completed it).

What is PvP like and what is the general state of the game? Is there a reason to back early or is it on a downtime like before WoW expansions.

Thanks in advance for replying

Comments

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I'm glad someone started this thread . I've been thinking the same thing myself .
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    No and from what I've heard from several people familair with it, there might not be a good reason to return when it hits either.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Nope. Unless you are just rich beyond your means and have cash to just toss away.
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    No and from what I've heard from several people familair with it, there might not be a good reason to return when it hits either.

So your not familar with it yourself and your comment based on heresay from undisclosed sources who may or may not play Rift for all we know or may or may not exist in any real way apart from inside your mind ?

You'll have to forgive those of us with common sense from taking it seriously .

Originally posted by moguy2
    Nope. Unless you are just rich beyond your means and have cash to just toss away.

I can easily afford just over a pound ( thats less than a price of a loaf of bread so if you consider that rich you must be very poor ) a week for a game but I would rather know what the state of the game is at present from someone who plays .  [mod edit]

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I am also curious. I played the first 4 months then haven't played since. Just wondering if it would be a waste of time being Storm Legion may change alot of things.....
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

It depends on what you want to do. If you have everything you need at 50 and don't need any more PA, don't need anymore money, don't need any achievements ETC, or if you can't have fun in Rift between now and SL release, then no.

For me, there's OCT between now and then so I'll just remain subbed. Even thought I'm currently trying MoP and GW2. I don't log in that much. I still do the World Event Daily. Just got my Spectral Najmok yesterday. I still log in and will do the Xone Invasions. 

But mostly because I am trying out a Monk for a month or 2, and if S were any further out, I might consider a few month hiatus just for that reason.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1

Interesting. Who do you know who is familiar with Storm Legion? How is it that you know people who are familiar and you aren't? Just how familiar are you/they with Storm Legion that you know it's worth avoiding? Please enlighten me so I can make an informed decision.

Otherwise this is a "You know what They say" post where we don't know who "They" are let alone what  "They" say. "They" are always telling us how to run our lives and what to do and what to think, and we never even know who "They" are.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by MorpheusMJW

First of all, I will be returning to RIFT when Storm Legion hits, but is there a reason to return before then?

I'm mostly into PvE dungeons/raiding and wondering if everything is already been done (I think I got upto Hammerknell but at the time barely anyone had scratched the surface, never mind completed it).

What is PvP like and what is the general state of the game? Is there a reason to back early or is it on a downtime like before WoW expansions.

if you are PvE/Raid focused and have only scratched Hammerknell, then I asume you stopped playing a while ago. More content has been added after that. A new 20 man raid (Infernal dawn) and a 10 man aswell (Rise of the Phoenix). There is also a new max level zone (Ember isle). If none of these names ring a bell from when you used to play then you have alot of new content to plow. Not alot of changes in game mechanics maybe. Various PvP changes.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by MorpheusMJW

Well, I would say, go to the site ane read everything and see if it interest you.

Thats what I did, and now I am subbed for a year with a CE expansion, It has housing.....housing.

Take a look:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

• MorpheusMJWMorpheusMJW Member Posts: 27

I thought I'd update this, since I went on my account I got 3 days free and thought i'd do some research, so as follows.

Actual reasons to resub:

- Experience the game for the first time if you haven't.

- Get any character you want to 50 before expansion hits.

- PA System, which is basically for each level up you get points, you can put these points in a sort of stat talent tree. The more you level the more stats you get and its possible to get a decent chunk of extra stats past your normal level 50, before the expansion hits.

Experience any new content since you last had it subbed (which isn't much in terms of dungeons, but loads of content with raids).

Fluff reasons to resub:

- Get any achievements you want.

- Grind some money/professions to get yourself ready.

Reasons not to resub:

- It is confirmed even the highest of high raid gear will only last to level 58, meaning people will be on a clean sheet in terms of gear. (but look at the PA system, people are definitely not on a clean sheet with this)

- All events are mostly the same and purely cosmetic.

- You won't miss anything if you don't sub.

TL;DR : If you want to min-max your stats, get some money and get ready for expansion, resub.

If your an average player, just wait till expansion.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342
    to give my 2 cents as a current player, if ya have not played for 6+ months then yer resub before storm legion hits. I would recommend waiting till 1.11 tho, if it was (much) shorter just wait it out a few weeks more.