Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YouTube supports Harassment...

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

First Incident, So I was browsing YouTube, and I noticed some Griefer from Second Life from what they call a MMORPG known as LandOFNoR posting Links to Spyware in almost all of his YouTube videos. The videos are fine, and I support free speech, however the links contain Adult Content and what happens if some little kid clicks on it downloads makes an account, and most important what about the spyware that these links contain. When an avatar loads into the actual game/service their IP is logged through media without consent, and people who use their new system called Unity Core I have got multiple reports from friends that these contain chat loggers that log avatars chat without consent for GM review in this game. So I filed a complaint to YouTube and they pretty much tell me nothing can be done?

But wait,  what If I actually go on YouTube and search for Hacks related to any Online MMORPG which break the Terms OF Service of that specific service, or what if I search for crac** for piracy on programs, or better yet what if I search for those MMORPG scratch off cards that give free time Code generators which are false, and contain spyware on YouTube these links contain direct virusus and trojans. So I should be able to report it to YouTube, and have them remove it right? Wrong I reported it to YouTube on some of these I ran into and they did nothing about it and today many of these fake scams remain on YouTube and Young gamers are thinking its true and YouTube owned by Google is just not a safe place for anyone today this is the way I see it.

Second Incident, So as a lot of people Know I used to play Fallen Earth, well this Griefer who did nothing but Camp me at the bind spot/area where you spawn in and ruined my ability to play the game after spending $200 and having a 7 month subscription 6 months + commanders sub making it 7 months total, I quit in only 2 months because of it, the GM's were uncaring did nothing. Months later a friend brought to my attention that my name was on Google without consent on a YouTube video, and sure enough my user name is being used on YouTube without consent, but wait its more than a character, or avatar name. This name is actually an account name in some services, and used to login therefore posting it to google puts some of my game accounts at risk, and not only that but the Avatar Name is known for copyrighted materials in another online service although it would take serious legal fees to get the video removed which was posted without express consent.

YouTube declined to remove it why?, Because they call it a Gamer Tag, and Gamer Tags are used in Xbox Service, and this isn't an Xbox Game.

So bottom line, What I am trying to say is that even if Gamers do not give consent for their Avatar Names, Character Names, or Account Login Names to be used outside of a certain service YouTube/Google still will do nothing about it, even if recording video in that service is a strict violation of the TERMS OF SERVICE, inside of that service. Take Second Life for example recording without consent is illega, but YouTube wont do anything.

Oh wait I forgot about one I could use as an excuse Libel for calling me a TROLL, but not backing it up with any facts, logs or evidence because they are the ones who started the trolling. ( Could use this as an excuse but YouTube doesnt support it.)

Generally what I am telling everyone, is that in Online Games,  you are not safe, lets say you were having a private chat in Second Life, or in any MMORPG with a friend, and you tell them about how Emo you are how you almost commit suicide, or even other private things like in adult MMORPG's, YouTube will not remove the video unless it contains any Real Life information at all, and so all you have to do is cut out any Real Life Names, addresses, PhoneNumber, contact information, and you can use it to grief people as long as it only contains an in game name. But wait aren't in game names contact information too where it be characetr name, avatar name, or account name. Absolutely so why Google/Youtube does not give us the right reporting options, or take action to protect the community is beyond me.

So generally based on YouTube, I can go and Grief other users by doing this back to them, and there is not a thing that can be done about it as harassment. Generally the only thing I do is play defensively, and when I say something I make sure I actually have something to backup a claim, or that they are the ones doing harassment before ever posting about such. 90% of the harassment I get comes in Second Life for that matter, the worst is in SandBox titles like Fallen Earth, and DarkFall is the third, but in DarkFall it isn't so bad because they can't actually stop me from playing.

Be aware of what you say in any game because YouTube support especially since I think Google Owns it now is terriable.

http://www.youtube.com/t/privacy_guidelines

http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines Please check out YouTube's guidelines, I believe and in my mind they have crossed the line for sure.

http://www.jwz.org/blog/2011/05/youtubes-privacy-violation-policy-is-a-steaming-pile-of-horse-shit/ Here is an even more serious complaint.

Lets talk about how if you were a wife running away from an abusive husband, you did not want to be found, but someone drives past in Real Life filming and gets your face in a video for at least 1-3 seconds, and then their husband sees it on YouTube, generally it might not bring no harm but what if its outside of a LandMark like a local store, or a place with an address or something it could lead to more harassment in Real Life for that matter.

YouTube needs to be held responsible for such claims where it be Real Life, or Internet Claims of harassment if someone reports a video for harassment then it should be removed or edited not to even display a username without express consent of all parties, and I would be for that.

Consider the fact that you can go to voobys and download any video ever uploaded to YouTube put it through an editor, pause it at that exact second and bam you got the 2-3 second photo the person didnt' want on the internet.

What has the internet came to, supporting Trolls, Griefiers, and Harassment, Even Game Services, and companies like Gamers First, Linden Lab are the most games wheer harassment is almost a common thing that I know of or have experience they should actually be required to deal with such.

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Flag it and wait.   If more peeps than just you flag it they'll prob check it out.  Otherwise moms and dads should SUPERVISE their children.