Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[mod edit] coming back

Comments

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by smh_alot
    Lol@Fallenlords, are you STILL crusading against Funcom and Funcom games. Don't you think it's becoming a little bit petty and immature to keep a grudge going like that against a company or games that you don't like or even play? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, sure, but move on, man, move on.

Not until Funcom is dead and buried :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by fallenlords
    Originally posted by kevjards
    well time will tell..tsw was not meant for the masses..it was never expected to sell that many copies.

That in itself is a bizarre statement, you are saying Funcom deliberately made a game with limited appeal.  I don't think their shareholders, nor all the staff that got laid off, were following your thinking on that score.

its not bizarre

some games like WOW and GW2 try to appeal to everyone

some games like Vanguard, try to appeal to a specific audience

Brad discussing target audience:

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?p=424297

the average EQ player earlier on (launch->Velious) and it is their playstyle and time commitment whom we are targeting primarily.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Toying with the idea of coming back as well.  Did they iron out the bugs I read about from the last patch?
  • smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

Lol@Fallenlords, are you STILL crusading against Funcom and Funcom games. Don't you think it's becoming a little bit petty and immature to keep a grudge going like that against a company or games that you don't like or even play? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, sure, but move on, man, move on.

Kinda silly and childish, don't you think? I mean, don't you find it at least a little bit embarassing and think that at your age you should've learned to move on from small stuff like that in the past?

If some grudge for a disappointment with a game that still gave you many hours of gameplay fun can leave you hating and with an urge to want to see a game company destroyed years later, then I seriously have to wonder how you deal with the really important stuff, disappointments and conflicts in life.

Hating on a game or game company for years and years at an end, it's just... I don't have any words for it. But people should really start to act their age.

Anyway, gonna leave it at this. It's your life and time to waste in the end anyway.
    Originally posted by Nadia

its not bizarre

some games like WOW and GW2 try to appeal to everyone

some games like Vanguard, try to appeal to a specific audience

Brad discussing target audience:

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/showthread.php?p=424297

the average EQ player earlier on (launch->Velious) and it is their playstyle and time commitment whom we are targeting primarily.

Yes Funcom were expecting only around 200,000 sales that's why the CEO jumps ship and try's to dump his stock prior to the games launch.  Why half the staff have been laid off,share price has tumbled ... because all the time Funcom had this planned.    They were aiming for a niche market and a niche game ... I don't think so.  That now appears to be the plan, because they have no other option.  But anybody that states this is by design is kidding themselves.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Isn't it nice that consumers get to choose the flavor they prefer?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Talketzanto
    Hay, I play GW2 and like it BUT I miss getting gear that means something.....Downloading TSW now which im hoping will be my main game, while gw2 a side option for tournements ect...

Well - GW2 is not for you. It is NOT about the gear - want a gear grind game join Rift - it is UBER GRINDY!!

Well didn't say I love grind...I really enjoy GW2 but since theres 0 grind I dont have to put much time into playing it.....Just wait for my tourny group to log on and have some fun tourny play.....I think of it as an FPS really

As far as something that you can see the result of your time playing other then JUST looks, you need some grind involved.....Maybe im just having withdrawls for the new shiny peice of gear with nice stats....

ANYWAY just started my trial for TSW and im loving it....OH and maybe its because im all about conspiracy theories....I LOVE THAT STUFF!!!!!!! 

so far Im blown away by the game.....can't understand why it didn't sell many copies

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Isn't it nice that consumers get to choose the flavor they prefer?

This. The more diversity, the better. I'd hate it if all MMO's would be only high fantasy or standard scifi and nothing more.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081
    Originally posted by david361107

Been seeing some post about populations on servers and whatever. With GW2 releasing a couple of weeks ago and today MoP releasing there is going to be some population decreases. I cancel my sub with TSW when I purchased GW2 because I thought I would be playing it for at least a few months straight so whey spend the money. Well I only lasted about two weeks in GW2 so I re-sub to TSW and I'm back. The word is out that they've dumb down WOW even more with MoP so look for that expantion to last a month or so then everything will even out again. I just think everyone is really over these "Candy Land" MMO's and TSW has been the best thing out this year I believe. So basically hold tight everyone in TSW people will come back just like me.

Peace

Lascer

Using this phrase from now on. Awesome :3

Oh, and I dislike the hell out of TSW. It has a grittier feel, but it's still a linear Wow-fest. I hate having my hand held with linear scripted static "Quests".

Ironic that Everquest is still the best 13yrs after being released :(. If it weren't so old more would be playing it.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Kinda silly and childish, don't you think? I mean, don't you find it at least a little bit embarassing and think that at your age you should've learned to move on from small stuff like that in the past?

If some grudge for a disappointment with a game that still gave you many hours of gameplay fun can leave you hating and with an urge to want to see a game company destroyed years later, then I seriously have to wonder how you deal with the really important stuff, disappointments and conflicts in life.

Hating on a game or game company for years and years at an end, it's just... I don't have any words for it. But people should really start to act their age.

Anyway, gonna leave it at this. It's your life and time to waste in the end anyway.

Cause and effect, yes it's called a grudge.  You treat a single customer badly and it can come back and bite you in the ass.  Now it's not normal for me to hold a grudge, but in this instance even after this length of time I feel more than justified.  If I can further or quicken their downfall then I will gladly oblige.  I don't think they deserve to be in business, I don't think they appreciate their customers or even care about them.   As an entity I wish somebody would buy them out and teach them how to do business properly.   But I am also completely open about the stance I take and I don't have any sort of hidden agenda.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    If your only bothered about dungeons and questing tsw is the slightly better game.

If you want more endgame variety with pvp, WvW, outdoor mass pve, crafting etc.. gw2 delivers like no themepark mmo of the last 12 years. They really have a good balance for all playstyles except hardcore raiders (which is probably why they've managed this, most themepark are raiders first everyone else second)

very much disagree with you on this, I'm bring up the pawpaw of MMO's as an example. GW2 has no endgame that matters, pvp is just silly because when i'm level 23 i become 80, which this isn' tme it's just a kind of pumped up me that is just stupid. WvW is a great idea but they haven't got it down yet and I'm still level 80 when i go into it, not sure what PVE your talking about at endgame.

Peace

Lascer

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Well at least your open and honest about your petty childishness and immaturity, good luck with that.

lifes really to short not to grow up, given the way life sometines is you may well be dead and buried before Funcom.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Yes Funcom were expecting only around 200,000 sales that's why the CEO jumps ship and try's to dump his stock prior to the games launch.  Why half the staff have been laid off,share price has tumbled ... because all the time Funcom had this planned.    They were aiming for a niche market and a niche game ... I don't think so.  That now appears to be the plan, because they have no other option.  But anybody that states this is by design is kidding themselves.

TSW failed Funcoms expectations

but doesnt change the fact that TSW is not another generic high fantasy themepark w elves

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by david361107

Been seeing some post about populations on servers and whatever. With GW2 releasing a couple of weeks ago and today MoP releasing there is going to be some population decreases. I cancel my sub with TSW when I purchased GW2 because I thought I would be playing it for at least a few months straight so whey spend the money. Well I only lasted about two weeks in GW2 so I re-sub to TSW and I'm back. The word is out that they've dumb down WOW even more with MoP so look for that expantion to last a month or so then everything will even out again. I just think everyone is really over these "Candy Land" MMO's and TSW has been the best thing out this year I believe. So basically hold tight everyone in TSW people will come back just like me.

Peace

Lascer

Been seeing quite a few people coming back to TSW lately.  Welcome Back =)

Originally posted by Abor

I'm somewhat appaled at the number of TSW die-hards who apparently weren't interested in GW2 then bought it and now are reaffirming their support for TSW. Like, wtf? You didn't like it, you bashed it, you ended up buying it because of what other people said, came back and said you still don't like it. 

I just seems extremely hyprocritical and illogical to me. 

We'll i never didn't support GW2 ever and i still hope it does well. I'm a big fan of fantacy mmo's which TSW is not but GW2 is so yes I'm going to try it out. Actually i dropped the 60 bones knowing I most likely wouldn't like GW2 but still wanted to see what it was like for myself. But basically it came down ot excitement and fun which TSW gives me and GW2 didn't. I did get some laughs out of GW2 when me and a buddy just ran around zones leveling but doing nothing at all, we just kept laughing as our xp bar kept jumping up and up. Anyway, not bashing any game really just hoping the GW2 makes some needed changes.

Peace

Lascer

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Nadia:

Doesn't change the fact that despite no elves its still got a lame grind instances over and over and over endgame from 2004
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by JosephJR

What I have read about,GW2,it  is better mmorpg ,but i dislike shiny asian grafic,lore,world,etc...cant find reasson why play it,maybe for PvP  when price drop.

Straight from the Asian city of Bellevue Wa.

You should do a little more research before posting next time.

All die, so die well.

Cause and effect, yes it's called a grudge.  You treat a single customer badly and it can come back and bite you in the ass.  Now it's not normal for me to hold a grudge, but in this instance even after this length of time I feel more than justified.  If I can further or quicken their downfall then I will gladly oblige.  I don't think they deserve to be in business, I don't think they appreciate their customers or even care about them.   As an entity I wish somebody would buy them out and teach them how to do business properly.   But I am also completely open about the stance I take and I don't have any sort of hidden agenda.

As stated in a previous post at least your honest with your agenda. however isn't it  odd that most people who have bought and

played the game do not share your opinion. If as you say Funcom doesn't appreciate their customers wouldn't there be more people with that grude? Isn';t it just more liekly you just got a bad CR on a BAd day or something and your really grudge is with one person who may well not even be with Funcom any more rather then the actual company?

We all have times when we feel wronged but alot of times we have to see were its really coming from (Maybe just maybe it was we who were having a bad day when we demanded unrealistic fix it now etc, and  the CSR tried to explain sorry but no.) In any event companies do change they are not static, if they didn't kill your puppy, muder your mom, or run you into bankrupcy perhaps its best just to vote with your wallet and get on with your life rather then letting it make you angry resentfull and miserble. Sure vent now and then but don't make it your lifes work. 

Guild Wars 2 sold over two million units, so overall it's been infinitely more successful than TSW. By law of averages Mists of Pandaria will sell at least 2 million+ (probably in the first few days).  So both games are in a different league altogether from TSW. 

Where is this reasoning coming from that people are going to jump ship to play TSW?   Just because the OP has done so, I doubt you will get an influx of new players.   On top of which you have a bundle of normal top franchise games coming out between now and Xmas.

Selling a lot of units doesn't make or break a game, what does is retention which GW2 does not nor will MoP have from what im hearing from friends and others. WOW has dumbed down the tree's..again which pretty much killed WOW for me a couple of years ago when the Real WOW killer came out, they called it Cataclysm. Courting to the Casuals like Blizzard did, subs going lower from that point on, numbers don't lie and that's the truth. For me sometimes it take looking at a new game to show me how good at had it in TSW. Now every night when I log onto TSW I'm seeing more and more people that have left GW2 to come back.

Peace

Lascer

Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Guild Wars 2 sold over two million units, so overall it's been infinitely more successful than TSW. By law of averages Mists of Pandaria will sell at least 2 million+ (probably in the first few days).  So both games are in a different league altogether from TSW. 

A game´s quality can´t be measured by the number of how many people fall for a hype marketing machine.

WoW and GW2 have a bigger marketing budget, and that is all.

GW2 feels more like a facebook game with the endless repetitive fetch and kill quests. TSW has substance. 

No matter how many boxes TSW sold (I don´t care) it´s still the best MMO on the market. And over time, people will notice.

totally agree

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Nadia

TSW failed Funcoms expectations

but doesnt change the fact that TSW is not another generic high fantasy themepark w elves

It is another generic themepark though.  Just without fantasy.

• Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Unfortunately Funcom is going broke and some board members are being investigated for insider trading, not sure what this means for TSW and other funcom games.
  • ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by Connmacart
    Have fun grinding in your limited content game.

I'm confused, are you talking about GW2 or TSW? Both are very limited content wise.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Nadia:

Doesn't change the fact that despite no elves its still got a lame grind instances over and over and over endgame from 2004

It has some of the best quest IMO and I've been playing MMO's since before EQ. It has a different atmospher, different "leveling" mechanic, and while yes it does have a raiding end game that sure beats the no endgame at all of say GW2? Did TSW fix the Genre guess not, is it fun? YMMV, everyone has a opinion.

Originally posted by grimal
    Toying with the idea of coming back as well.  Did they iron out the bugs I read about from the last patch?

They had a huge bug fix along with added content in the last big expantion (free) and a few mini patches after that,everthing runs good for me.