Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load Lag and other questions

Devestate1Devestate1 Member UncommonPosts: 8

Hey,

I played DF for many years and one things that sucked was the ability to sneak up on some dude farming due to load lag.  Have they mentioned anything about removing this?

Also have they done anything to curb bunnyhopping?  I know most people think it shouldn't removed because it requires some skill.  However last I played it seemed people had it macro'd and could bunny hop perfectly everytime.

Are all the best players in the same clan still?  Early DF every clan seemed to have 1 or 2 elite players, and by the time I quit 1 or 2 clans both had 30.

Is the new UI going to solve the problem of people scripting all their shit?  I ain't no scripting genius.  I felt like I couldn't keep up with people using complex ray and spell cycling scripts.

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions later.

Sloppy Virtus

The Tenth

Comments

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Supposedly they have fixed load lag in DF2 so that you cannot tell anymore.

They have repeatedly stated they want to and are planning to get rid of bunnyhopping.  

There are plenty of good players out there, just play with whom you like but make sure to practice, practice and practice some more.

We don't know what the new UI looks like, but I can pretty much guarantee that people will still use macro's for things, hell people use macros in games like wow and gw2 you think they won't in an actually competitve game.  (as for rays specifically supposedly they are also being removed)

• MrLichTwitchMrLichTwitch Member Posts: 13

Insta cast offensive rays are out, as per: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327406

I can't find the link to the direct quote, but load lag is supposed to be fixed. It's caused by something called synchronous I/O(input/output). Now, I'm not an expert on it, but it basically means that when you enter a specific server chunk, the game will briefly pause(load lag) while all of the players' information is loaded into that server. They're switching to Asynchronous I/O which means the game and the player info will all load at the same time and the game won't pause to wait.

As far as elite players clanning together, you're going to have some of that no matter what, especially in a conquest type of game. I think it just went to the extreme if DF because the population got so low that the elite players didn't really have any other options. People have ego's and ego's clash. When you get a full server, the elites will break into their own clans(at least to an extent) because most of them think they should be running the show.

• Devestate1Devestate1 Member UncommonPosts: 8

Sounds good!  Lookin' forward to giving it a spin.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Hey Sloppy!  From what I read so far, the load lag will be gone, bunnyhoppers may still happen but they will kill themselves to dead.
  • mxkingmxking Member Posts: 6

Pretty much everything you posted will be gone.

Accept for top tier players in a single PvP clan.  That can't be forcefully removed from the game.  If they all want to circle-jerk their e-peen to the top, let them.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by mxking

Accept for top tier players in a single PvP clan.  That can't be forcefully removed from the game.  If they all want to circle-jerk their e-peen to the top, let them.

Standard response from someone unable to grasp even the most simple premises related to teamwork and how to achieve victory in a game based around large scale conflict and territory control.

While you sit on the sidelines, pouting like a jealous little schoolgirl, those "top tier players" are doing the exact opposite. Yet you can't figure out the issue?

Your mastery of Forum Crying has increased.