Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So ppl sending stupid tweets and ppl paying for it gets beta access, but not vets of PS1?

RasputinRasputin Member UncommonPosts: 602

I still have received no beta invitation as an oldschool veteran of PS1 - as they promised. But I read about tweeters being rewarded for silly comments and ppl paying their way in.

Comments

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    They also didn't specify WHEN you would receive an invite for Beta...
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

There's plenty of Vets in Planetside 2 beta. It's super easy to get a beta key, they are always handing some out and many sites promote for Beta keys..

I get that you want in tho, so I won't say too much here..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

I'm a PS1 vet (only played a few months after release) and I got my beta invite during the second wage, as announced.

You sure you registered for beta on the proper account? (herp, derp...well you never know :)

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

If you are a vet and signed up for the beta with your vet account then you should already be in.

If you did not get invited, then twitter Smed or email the help email that was posted on both Twitter and PSU. If all else fails post on the official forums that you never got your invite and ask for help.

If you truely are a vet that got skipped over then you will get invited, they have fixxed it for several people I know.

• NickraiderNickraider Member UncommonPosts: 131
    PS1 vet here, I NEVER got my email saying I was in the Beta but actually read somewhere that if you were a Vet than you need to go ahead and try to log in and play the game. If you haven't downloaded the client yet the link is http://www.planetside2.com/download and then log in with your vet account. Worked for me that way and still haven't gotten an email.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Lol, I got 2 twitter keys, 1 key from a fellow mmorpg.com user, and later recieved 1 through twitter myself, then bought alpha squad after trying it, got an email saying I was invited because of the purchase along with yet another key to give to a friend, and last, got an email today saying I was accepted into beta <- that's for just signing up.

So even if you didn't get in due to vet status... If you can't get a key, you're not trying.

• RasputinRasputin Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Nickraider
    PS1 vet here, I NEVER got my email saying I was in the Beta but actually read somewhere that if you were a Vet than you need to go ahead and try to log in and play the game. If you haven't downloaded the client yet the link is http://www.planetside2.com/download and then log in with your vet account. Worked for me that way and still haven't gotten an email.

Ok, I tried it, and it says on the page, that I am invited to the technical test. Im currently downloading, then I will see for sure.

Thanks for the heads-up.

• RasputinRasputin Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by PieRad

Lol, I got 2 twitter keys, 1 key from a fellow mmorpg.com user, and later recieved 1 through twitter myself, then bought alpha squad after trying it, got an email saying I was invited because of the purchase along with yet another key to give to a friend, and last, got an email today saying I was accepted into beta <- that's for just signing up.

So even if you didn't get in due to vet status... If you can't get a key, you're not trying.

Why would I spend time trying when I was promised beta access because of my vet status?

Anyway, it looks like Im in, I just didn't get an email.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I've had a betakey for over a month and have yet to get an invite. I'm guessing they slowed down inviting to try and get more people to pay for beta.

On a side note. Every time I log in it asks me to do a survey. However nothing shows up except for a confirm specs button.

It also say my e-mail is unverified. Every time I try to verify it I get an error that tells me to contact support. Support never responds unfortunately.

• CalamarCalamar Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Nickraider

Thanks for the tip!

Never recieved the Beta invite, followed the link and after logging in it said I am invited. Downloading the client right now.

Too bad I have to go work in 20 minutes  :(