Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARTEMIS Starship Bridge Simulator

redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Hi all, I was looking thru the Steam Greenlight list of new up and coming indie games the other day and spotted this little gem,

http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

Basically yourself and up to five other friends get together and setup with multiple computers for a  starship bridge, in which you then take part in missions against NPC’s or PvP missions via LAN or over the net, here is a YouTube vid of Freddie Wong and friends playing it to give you an idea how this works,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoV_ZnBTsrA'

There are plenty of other vids on the ARTEMIS site as well.

My first thoughts of this were, "What if this was crossed with EVE can you imagine?" personally I luv seeing new styles of play and then imagining how this might play out or influence in future games to come.

But even by itself it looks to be a lot of fun, there is a demo which you can download which will let you do a two player game and for $40 you get to install the full game on six pc’s.

I’m having a game day this coming Sunday with my local friends and were going to give this game a go, if all plays out well I’ll pop back and post about it.

Hope you find this as interesting as I did, if you did and you try it please post back and tell us about, or even if you already have.

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I can't belive no one on this site is intrested in playing a game where you and your freinds can set up your pc's and fly a starship, sure this might not be a mmo game ....yet, but maybe one day this play style can be included, imagine playing EVE online with this set up.

Just don't get you guys/gals sometimes,( shakes head)image

• tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Cool idea if I was young and single.  It's hard enough to play a single player game let alone get people together for a LAN.  Still awesome idea.
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

It was sort of funny to watch.

Suferdude must have a massive bladder. Like every conversation (every sentence) he had he took a drink.

Not really sure if I'd find it fun enough to do more than play it (or try to play) it more than once or twice a month.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

This link might help if people are interested in trying to play a game online with the Artemis Community

http://tsn.eochu.com/

New community website for crews and events!

Also, Artemis is due to be released on iOS devices:

Artemis For iOS!

I'd like to announce to you folks, the Artemis community, that we're close to releasing Artemis for ipads and iphones! 

The great guys at Max Gaming (http://www.maxgaming.net/) have been doing the port, and currently we've got it pretty much done, and just working out the bugs. 

The ipad and the iphone version is the exact same; the UI is just different for the limited screen of the iphone. For each console, the UI has been broken into several sub-screens, that can be accessed by sliding left or right with two fingers. 

The IOS version will be able to connect to a PC game! An IOS device can even be a server! 

Stay tuned; I can't wait to make Artemis officially available on the Apple store!

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by redcap036

I can't belive no one on this site is intrested in playing a game where you and your freinds can set up your pc's and fly a starship, sure this might not be a mmo game ....yet, but maybe one day this play style can be included, imagine playing EVE online with this set up.

Sorry, GFX suck and is important for me. Also when I hear indy game I get bad feelings about it. Probably steeming from playing games like Mortal Online and such.

I tried it with three of my friends we doubled up on a few station but we had a ball, it is a game with which if you want to do it via lan you need to organize a date with your friends, althou you can also play over the net as well, you don't actually need to be in the same room, it's just a lot more fun and immersive if you do it that way, were looking to get a few other local friends in for next time and see if we can do a bit of ship crew vs ship crew combat, far as I can tell the game allows up to five or six crew controlled ships in game, but as we found even if it’s just you and two other friends manning the bridge playing against the computer controlled ships, it still a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Yamota

Sorry, GFX suck and is important for me. Also when I hear indy game I get bad feelings about it. Probably steeming from playing games like Mortal Online and such.

Each to there own I guess, but one of the things I was trying to show was that this is one of the first of it's type, ok this particular game might not be to your liking, but imagine if this style of group/team play was added to other games, imaging Star trek online with it or even better EVE online, maybe some WW2 bomber action or even modern day sea faring battleships, what about crewing a main battle tank with your freinds.

Maybe it will take off, maybe it won't I just like the idea of it, it's a change from just zerging about with'ya mates and killing everything in the way.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Yamota

Each to there own I guess, but one of the things I was trying to show was that this is one of the first of it's type, ok this particular game might not be to your liking, but imagine if this style of group/team play was added to other games, imaging Star trek online with it or even better EVE online, maybe some WW2 bomber action or even modern day sea faring battleships, what about crewing a main battle tank with your freinds.

Maybe it will take off, maybe it won't I just like the idea of it, it's a change from just zerging about with'ya mates and killing everything in the way.

+1

@yamota: Re: Indie Games: Worth a watch: http://video.pbs.org/video/2287049951