Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Darkfall Online will always be a failure

Comments

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    People need to learn to read. I feel like half of these comments were made without the writter even reading what the OP wrote.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• D3lit3D3lit3 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Nizur
    Originally posted by D3lit3
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    full loot pvp is a huge turnoff to me.  Just not my thing.
    [mod edit]

Overreact much? Seriously, the guy doesn't like full loot PvP. Doesn't make him a pussy.

Hmm ok Plato, what does it make him them? 

Hmmm let me think...a person that does not like full loot PvP and cares about losing their hard earned virtual pixels...hmm not many words are coming to mind.

You gotta remember there is literally one reason why people don't like full loot PvP. There arent multiple.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    [mod edit]

Overreact much? Seriously, the guy doesn't like full loot PvP. Doesn't make him a pussy.

Hmmm let me think...a person that does not like full loot PvP and cares about losing their hard earned virtual pixels...hmm not many words are coming to mind.

You gotta remember there is literally one reason why people don't like full loot PvP. There arent multiple.

It makes him someone who doesn't like something you and I do. Get over it.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    [mod edit]

Losing virtual items and acting like a tough guy on the internet doesn't make you tough.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    [mod edit]

Just because someone doesn't like to lose his item doesn't make him a pussy. It's merely a different taste, and there are MMOs that cater to such type of players. Just like there are games that caters to the FPS crowd, the RPG crowd, RTS crowd, etc. You're not "better" because you like FFA PvP.

• D3lit3D3lit3 Member Posts: 95
    [mod edit]

Are you saying there has to be no reasoning behind his logic for disliking something? 

Do you mean to tell me I can just say "Meh, asian people are a turnoff for me. Just not my thing" 

[mod edit]

Are you saying there has to be no reasoning behind his logic for disliking something? 

Do you mean to tell me I can just say "Meh, asian people are a turnoff for me. Just not my thing" 

That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what his reasons are. It doesn't make him a pussy. It doesn't make him anything other than a guy who doesn't like something you do.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by elvrage

What I witnessed made me uninstall every other game on my computer.

I'm a bit like you. When someone pisses me off, I immediately run home and beat the crap out of my dog. If my GF is around I might beat her up a little aswell just for good measure.

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Failings
    Originally posted by elvrage

What I witnessed made me uninstall every other game on my computer.

I'm a bit like you. When someone pisses me off, I immediately run home and beat the crap out of my dog. If my GF is around I might beat her up a little aswell just for good measure.

oh god this made me laugh way harder than it should have lolol

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Getting all your gear looted in DF isn't a big deal because items are easy to come by. You always have 12 sets of armor in the bank to replace it with. So for all those people that don't want to play because of it your reason is way off. Now if we were talking about mortal Online then yeah full loot is pretty harsh because items must be crafted through a pretty lengthy process.
  • petespripetespri Member Posts: 15

My understanding is that the bunny-hop exploit will still be in DF:UW. 

No thanks.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by petespri

No thanks.

Never played Darkfall, so I have to ask:

Bunny hop?

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by petespri

No thanks.

Never played Darkfall, so I have to ask:

Bunny hop?

An old DarkFall game exploit that's been left in by developers. Not sure if they'll remove, tweak it or leave it intact in DFUW, but I do hope they changed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh7xGQ-AsI

Basically you can use 2-3 spells to push yourself forward, and by jumping repeatedly with the right timing, you can move for a very long distance at very high speed (much faster than mounts). You do lose health (fall damage), but you cannot die from fall damage in DarkFall, so it  can be used for an unlimited amount of time, or until something kills you. It's been used excessively in DarkFall to escape combat or death, and makes the player extremely hard to kill (because he gets out of range very quickly).

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43

Bunny hopping as it exist in current darkfall will not be in Darkfall Unholy Wars. The main difference is you can die from fall damage in Darkfall Unholy Wars and you can't in the current version. However when you die in DFUW and nobody ganks you instead of bleeding out you are revived. AV said they expect and are ready for the players to find ways to abuse the spells but are willing to patch anything that isn't in line with the spirit of darkfall.

In short, don't expect to out ran by someone on foot while using a bluetail or swimmers catching up to boats in naval battles.

• LemacsLemacs Member UncommonPosts: 121

This is and easy answer!!!

1st Person View Sucks

UO-EQ1-SWG-DAOC-WOW-EQ2-WAR-GW2-RIFT

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Lemacs

1st Person View Sucks

Perhaps for you it sucks but some people enjoy playing in 1st person, they might even say it adds to immersion. but also you are misinformed as you can play from 3rd person perspective unless you are using magic or archery.

Please enlighten the rest of us as to how you would work the camera perspective for things like archery and magic with FPS style combat. I'm sure that with all the intelligence that your last post showed you could come up with a much better way.

here's a good idea lets

highlight incorrect information and stupid opinions

Originally posted by evolpc

1st Person View Sucks

Perhaps for you it sucks but some people enjoy playing in 1st person, they might even say it adds to immersion. but also you are misinformed as you can play from 3rd person perspective unless you are using magic or archery.

Please enlighten the rest of us as to how you would work the camera perspective for things like archery and magic with FPS style combat. I'm sure that with all the intelligence that your last post showed you could come up with a much better way.

here's a good idea lets

highlight incorrect information and stupid opinions

Nice bait but I ain’t biting.

1st Person Still Sucks

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Darkfall will become a succes in its own way.

Darkfall is made for a smaller crowd not for the omg beat wow with millions  of subs.  it will never come near a million digit.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

1st Person View Sucks

go back to your tab targeting!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by king0fmars

Bunny hopping as it exist in current darkfall will not be in Darkfall Unholy Wars. The main difference is you can die from fall damage in Darkfall Unholy Wars and you can't in the current version. However when you die in DFUW and nobody ganks you instead of bleeding out you are revived. AV said they expect and are ready for the players to find ways to abuse the spells but are willing to patch anything that isn't in line with the spirit of darkfall.

In short, don't expect to out ran by someone on foot while using a bluetail or swimmers catching up to boats in naval battles.

They added an ability that will allow you to avoid fall damage all together. So you are correct in the fact that  it won't exist as it does now, because its been enhanced. 

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

well what i dint like about it was i was all into it at first then i get my credit card bill and i see the charge for the game and then a 1 dollor charge ya i know just 1 dollor  but what was it for so i calle dthem and was hello what is this charge on my credit card they told me a long huge story and in the end i was well so you mean to tell me you charge me full amount for the game  and monthly fee then every month i just get charged a 1 doollor fee for nothing and he was  well pretty much correct i was please cancel my sub i do not wish to play a game form a company that lies and steals my money even  if it only 1 dollor a month it was not right of them and  then he was oh well we will refund you the dollor please dont to late done  not playing with corrupt  cmpanys that steal your money

And let the real fan boys stand up.

I am sure that there is a full list of reasons that darkfail did not make it.

Darkfall has it fans and they are as bad as..... Do i dare say it..... Yes i do.... EVE players.

Say something you dont like about the game and watch heads explode, lolololololol

and I am not saying in anyway that EVE "really good game" is a fail game.

• MrLichTwitchMrLichTwitch Member Posts: 13
    I disagree with the OP. There were more than enough people like us to financially support this game at launch . People who not only enjoyed the hardcore nature of the game, but were drawn to the game just b/c of it. I remember the queues to get into the game in the early days, the massive battles that ensued, and the constant threat of reds roaming around the entire world of Agon. It was the lack of content and the huge grind that was made worse by exploiters who were never punished/rolled back, that caused so many people to leave. By the time they fixed the grind, it was simply too late, and there still wasn't much content in the game. If they do things right this time(make grind a nonfactor, have content and sand in the sandbox), there will be plenty of people playing and STAYING for the long haul. It's the kind of game that, if executed properly by the devs, is worth paying to play because it's DIFFERENT from the cookie cutter themepark crap that saturates the current MMO market. That's why this game can not only survive, but thrive, IF they live up to their original vision.
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by Onigod

Thats an euphemism for failure.

Its like the kid in school that get told it gets points for trying.

Originally posted by AdamTM
    Originally posted by Onigod

Thats an euphemism for failure.

Its like the kid in school that get told it gets points for trying.

How's that? You need to define "success". If it means 1 million+ players, then DF:UW will "fail". But that means EVE is a failure too. Along with many well-done, popular MMOs.

Failure to me would be not being able to maintain a stable community again. Success to me would be a game with all of DF's plusses and none or very, very few of DF's minuses that keeps a stable population of 10k+ players.