Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do people who like PvP do for the first month in EVE, since they can't PvP?

2»

Comments

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by AvsRock21
    Originally posted by Paradigm68
    I would suggest that people who play mmorpgs SOLELY for PvP is one of the things ruining the genre. Why would you play a game in a genre that is a character driven roleplaying game in a persistant world with many things to do, and seriously think that PvP is the only thing to do?

You can't be serious... The first MMO games were SOLELY PvP games.  Why else have a massively multiplayer online game? PvE games don't have hundreds of players working together, so why make a game massively multiplayer if it is only going to support PvE with 20 to 40 people playing together? That's absolutely pointless. It's PvE centered games that are RUINING the mmorpg genre. PvP is the entire reason these games exist. If you want to play against NPCs go play a co-op game, they are far better for PvE than an mmorpg.

OK, but then how do you explain EQ?

Truth is, some just want massive PVE: Massive raids, massive dynamic events, what have you. To people who like that sort of thing, it does make sense.

Others want PVP, or both. EVE is an awesome game for the latter.

By the way, as a serious answer to the OP, I do remember going to see 0.0 in my early days in the game, but only because a friend promised to make up for my losses, haha.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552
    Originally posted by free2play

I can PvP in EVE 15 minutes in to the game. I can fill fleet roles in a day.

If you want to be big bully on the block? Go away. It won't happen in EVE, ever. Sadly/ fortunately depending on point of view, the mechanics also negate hero options. In reality no one guy will save the day.

In the favor of EVE you have a system that forces cowards to act like cowards and bullies to act like bullies. You also lose identity unfortunately. Most people couldn't name 10 pilots off the top of their heads in their own alliance let alone their enemies. Corp names they can but individuals? It gets lost in EVE.

Individuals do stand out, its hard but when someone does stand out they had to work at it and are usually a cut above most players in whatever playstyle made them famous.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• eve_vetseve_vets Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Paradigm68
    I would suggest that people who play mmorpgs SOLELY for PvP is one of the things ruining the genre. Why would you play a game in a genre that is a character driven roleplaying game in a persistant world with many things to do, and seriously think that PvP is the only thing to do?

Thumbs Up !