Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bugged personal story and TP woes.

halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I am having the worst luck today. All in all a very bad day for gaming. TP has been down since yesterday so i couldn't level up my crafting levels. Thought 'hey why not farm some mats'.

I needed 48 different types of rare mats. I was jumping from one map to another to be hit by dimnishing returns only after 30 to 40 minutes.

Ran out of steam and silver for teleports, so decided to do personal story... after 40 minutes, story 'Forging the Pact' got bugged at last stage. But i am stubborn so decided to try anyways. After 4 tries and all armor completely broken i gave up. Puzzled and frustrated looked at official forums for help and found a 7 pages long topic. 

Made me a feel a little better that i wasn't alone.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Personal-Story-Forging-the-Pact-bug-blocking-progress/first

But hey still got PVP right? so begged for silver from guildies because i was completely broke. Got into PVP, 10  minutes in got zerged 4 times in a row..all armor broken again lol. No way i am gonna ask guildies for silver second time. So what can we do with completely broken armor? exploring..yeah? why not. 

I made my way to timberline falls. Saw a vista on top of mountain. While jumping got stuck in middle of the rock. Surprise..surprise..there is no /stuck or /reset command. I cursed at my pc screen and logged off. Why gaming Gods hate me so much?

Anyone else go through some of the worst days like this?

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Man that sucks. Is your real name Charlie Brown?

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Sounds like you had more bad luck in a day than I have in three weeks:) I am not sure how you can be so broke, not doubting it but so dfar this has been the easiest game I have ever played to make money in. I probably have at least 7 or 8 gold between my toons and the highest just made 60. Got 3 gold and some silver in the bank and the same on my 60 Elly, various amounts of silver on the other three. Not doing anything special, just selling gathered items and harvesting every node I can find and salvaging like damn near everything.  Would love to see how you got stuck at, never been able to accomplish that myself

I miss DAoC

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

It's not over yet.

Some times my life feels like that. You just have to kill the Kraken before anything good can happen.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

If you don't have enough money to teleport, I'd suggest hitting 'b' or 'h' and going into PvP from there. :)

Also, if you're having problems with anti-farming measures, rather than teleporting from spot to spot, just run manually and kill everything on the way. :T  The game seems to love watching you run!

I hardly, hardly ever teleport actually.  So much running, haha.  Only to meet up with friends, mostly.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    Sounds like you had more bad luck in a day than I have in three weeks:) I am not sure how you can be so broke, not doubting it but so dfar this has been the easiest game I have ever played to make money in. I probably have at least 7 or 8 gold between my toons and the highest just made 60. Got 3 gold and some silver in the bank and the same on my 60 Elly, various amounts of silver on the other three. Not doing anything special, just selling gathered items and harvesting every node I can find and salvaging like damn near everything.  Would love to see how you got stuck at, never been able to accomplish that myself

Keeping huntsman and leatherworking equal to my levels, easy to go broke. And all my gold was in TP so had no option but to beg for silver for repairs from guildies.

Personal story is still broken though, things were just startting to get interesting. Till now it was just a yawn fest.