Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Headset Recommendation

JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87
What is a good headset for around $100? Just bought a plantronics 780 and the sound gets distorted every couple min, then goes back to sounded fine.

Comments

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I know my buddy/guildy just picked up the turtlebeach z6a's and they sound amazing/clear mic so thats a good headset to go with. They have true surround in them as well. I think they sell for $99. 

Only problem is there connection since they are true surround. 

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/pc-gaming-headsets/ear-force-z6a.aspx

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I got a turtlebeach and it died after about a month. Had to go back to my old Logitech.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Razer Carcharias, extremely comfortable with very decent sound quality for $79

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-carcharias/

Originally posted by Xzen
    I got a turtlebeach and it died after about a month. Had to go back to my old Logitech.

That can be said about every piece of equipment in existence. I have had logitechs DOA. I have had GPU's from EVGA, ASUS, SAPHIRE ect. come DOA. I have had motherboards headsets and everything else come DOA. Thats not something that can be avoided by any company. There are always going to be defects. 

But that doesn't knock that Turtle Beach makes quality products at decent price ranges. 

Also don't buy Razor headsets. They don't perform as well as competitors in sound quality to justify there price range. They make a good mouse, but don't rely on them for sound. Planatronics, Sennheiser and Turtle Beach are usually solid companies to go with for good sound quality and decent microphone clearity. 

Push comes to shove you can always look at reviews/tests on youtube. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    I will only use Logitech, I have bought other brands and always took them back and got me a Logitech headset. Since 2004 I am on my second Logitech headset, so they do last for quite a while.
  • AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Don't get a gaming headset, in fact, don't get a headset at all. Buy a nice pair of headphones like the Sennheiser HD 280, and then buy one of those little mics you can clip on your shirt. You won't be disappointed, and the headphones will last you many many years.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Enjoy

Link

Sounds clear, and perfect. If you DID get this headset than yours was broken, or you didn't install its software from their site. Best i've found so far.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Im kind of an audiophile, so I always get headsets that have really great bass and strong frequency levels. Logitech is a strong headset, but the don't perform as well as some of the other brands out there. Creative makes a decent headset, but I think they sell mostly off of Fatal1ty then anything else. Though they do make good soundcards second only to the asus sound cards. 

But like I said, I have tryed a wide array of headsets from logitech all they way up to the MLG certed Astro A40's. So far the best bang for your buck has been Turtle Beach, Sennheiser or Planatronics. In my opinion I buy in that order as well. Sometime with Sennheiser over taking Turtle Beach. Also MLG is going to sponsor Turtle Beaches new headset the Z7 so thats something to think about as well. 

• JandersJanders Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Enjoy

Link

Sounds clear, and perfect. If you DID get this headset than yours was broken, or you didn't install its software from their site. Best i've found so far.

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I think I am going to exchange that headset and see if thats the problem.

Originally posted by AudricMr
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Enjoy

Link

Thanks for the replies everyone.  I think I am going to exchange that headset and see if thats the problem.

Thats probably the best bet, Planatronics are usually good headsets. Good luck