Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheking on concesus for swtor.

How long do you think it'll go down to 1 pve server 1 pvp server and 1 rp server for swtor?

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Assuming 5,000 connections per server* I don't think it will be all that soon.  Given a 4:1 oversell on connections, 15,000 connections would support 60,000 subscriptions.  I have no clues on current numbers, but that seems quite small.

Given Free to Play coming, I don't expect server load to ever drop to that level.  Unless of course something gets botched up.

* guesstimate, actual capacity might be much higher

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Doubt you'd ever see it go down to 1 of each server type, tbh. Especially with F2P coming.
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

1 of each type per region more likely until the contract with lucas arts runs out.

F2P is not the saviour of the game because it wont be free you have to pay to access content. With GW2 as b2p and MOP launching with wow still being the premium subscription game, plus rift's storm legion coming, + planetside 2, firefall and defiance.  SWTOR still languishing with questionable content now and on the horizon.  Throw in bad PR everywhere about swtor.

All points to EA should not be in the mmorpg business.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Wicoa

1 of each type per region more likely until the contract with lucas arts runs out.

The number of F2P'ers that buy content is irrelevant. There'd just be too many people on 3 servers. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There are other threads actually discussing the topic of the server status and the game. This is just a doom and gloom sort of thread that isn't offering something to discuss.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.