Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planetside 2 Raises the bar for MMO FPS market

Planetside 2 could be the first fps in an large scale mmo setting to sweep fps shooter market. Planetside 2 has raises the bar so high for mmo fps market. Its going to be hard for other future fps shooter mmo to match or raise even higher. 

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yep PS2 is freaking wonderful.

I normally don't like MP fps and this game has sucked me in.

SoE did a good job.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    There was no bar to raise, it sets the bar. like I said already only existing mmo shooter close to this scale pvp was darkfall.

My blog: image

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Actually, the bar was set by the original Planetside way back in 2003 image

But that game never "swept the board" due to a number of factors. It was subscription only and required a fairly decent PC to play well. And good internet speeds and bandwidth availability was not in every western home in those days.

And because the original Planetside was a "niche game" for SOE, it was treated like a red-headed stepchild. The dev team was limited and so were the ongoing development efforts. It lived in the shadow of EQ, EQ2 and SWG.

PS2 is getting the flagship treatment at SOE. It's the "proof of concept" game for their brand new Forgelight game engine. It's the first SOE AAA game designed to launch as F2P. They have a whole lot riding on the success of this game.