Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MMORPG's?

K im just wondering, are there any unreleased MMORPG's coming out before the summer.Im gettin to not like Lineage2 as much.L2 was my first PC game and now that i know the whole point to MMORPG's I wanna start new...on a new game where everyone is low lvled and ill grind my ars* off.Try to be the highest lvl on the server like OWWWHEEE on bartz.But anywho,are there any good MMORPG's coming out that are around the same idea as Lineage2 or EverQuest.TTYLimage

Comments

• Stryfe1987Stryfe1987 Member Posts: 76

You recently posted under my old topic, and i found it thoughtful, even though i have stopped playing. I'm going out this week to pick up the matrix online. ive researched into ti a lot, and it seems like a good upcoming game. easier to lvl than L2, and more payoffs. maybe ill see you there ^^

Anyway, whats your main characters into on l2, like lvl, server, class and such ^^

• Lineage2HindLineage2Hind Member Posts: 7
    Well right now I have a level 22 elven scout,level 37 elven healer,lvl 41 dwarf warsmith,lvl 42 elven elder. I play on hindemith
  • KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Lineage2Hind
    K im just wondering, are there any unreleased MMORPG's coming out before the summer.Im gettin to not like Lineage2 as much.L2 was my first PC game and now that i know the whole point to MMORPG's I wanna start new...on a new game where everyone is low lvled and ill grind my ars* off.Try to be the highest lvl on the server like OWWWHEEE on bartz.But anywho,are there any good MMORPG's coming out that are around the same idea as Lineage2 or EverQuest.TTYLimage

What are your interests?  Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Historical?  I'm following an Historical MMORPG right now that is due for open beta around the end of May.  It's a niche MMO that appeals to a different sort of crowd than the classics.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

Well I like the games kinda in fantasy,i guess lineage is fantasy

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

Minus the graphics, Lineage II was more or less a horrible game in general. I liked the idea of no lagging gameplay but the chat still lagged horridly sometimes I believe (or vice versa). There were some things I liked about L2 but it was pretty much a game of rampant clones, horrid grinding, and poverty (in that it cost a ton of money for anything good). I've played many better MMOGs than L2 and some even worse. My favorites that are still in existence today and are still better than L2 though they've been quite possibly scarred for the rest of their lives are:

Asheron's Call 1

Planetside

Dark Age of Camelot

World of Warcraft

Might want to check them out. I prefer none of them any more but I would prefer quite possibly any of them over L2. Usually your first MMOG turns out to be your best though so who knows. You might end up going back to Lineage II. I just know I had an awesome time when AC1 first came out and it was my second MMOG - my first graphical MMOG. I'm not certain about Dark Age of Camelot but wouldn't hurt to try it out. I didn't like World of Warcraft because of its style of graphics and extreme emphasis on quests (also you can't drop anything in that game without it effectively being destroyed).

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

Well i dont mind the high priced things...its not much if u dont spam ss..and since i can craft its not to hard.but..grinding is really harsh.The games u said....is the game play near the same as L2.and how are the graphics....cuz Cronicles3 is coming out for L2 which is gonna hopefully spark my intrest again.But i would like to hear about the games u metioned...just incase C3 isnt good.Also...I will never ever play World Of Warcraft...nope...cant stand blizzard for doing that.I love W3 and Starcraft and Diablo2...but nope no WoW...they left all the interst.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Dark and Light was slated for next month but it seems it was pushed back to november, also Guild Wars comes out at the end of the month and it is pretty fun.  Out of all the games thats all I can think of that are playable.  Also level grinding is a thing of the passed.  I think the designers finally realised that making a person do a monotonous task many times doesnt actually make the player better.  It just makes them more like a robot; and the casual gamer doesnt like it.
  • hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221
    Coming out this summer, no. Later this year, yeah.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• JukanJukan Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Hey, I am sad you are leaving L2, I still find it fun, but I just started 2 months ago...it is very hard and has a large grind...But I think I will probally play it till Chronicle 12...lol. So if you are looking for something with a lot different gameplay, I would suggest Guild Wars. The graphics look pretty good, it has no monthly fee, and it will definately be different from L2. But you might not like it because it is so different...I mean you get teleported by yourself or with a group only, to your own quest world. This has some cool things like no player kills or money stealing, but it might be wierd not to be able to see other's in the game unless you are in a "town/common area."
  • yurichiyurichi Member Posts: 17

why dont you try RYL Path of the Emperor?? It is a different kind of game. It has a very realistic graphics, because in here they dont have portals! looks like you are in a real world fighting the monsters!!! image