Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge - Equipment (Grade, Tiers, Type)

volcha87volcha87 Member Posts: 31
ArcheAge - Equpment - if you will find any mistakes in the text or want to add some piece of information write there in comments.

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by coretex666

Thanks a lot for this info. I was waiting for some info about equip.

The gear system reminds me of Lineage II for which I am really glad. Many tieres of the gear also promis that there will be longterm progression goals.

Also if you notice, while there are many tiers of gear in a level range, IF they still follow the values numbers he posted above, which are from CBT4.

The only real upgrade is from Poor to Common, 0.5 > 1.0. After that Common to top grade Mythic is 1.0 > 1.275. Better, yes, but not earthshatteringly so.  So, if a Poor piece of armor were to give say 50AC in a level range, the same level Common would be 100AC, and the top grade Mythic 127AC.

Players WILL wear better gear over lesser, but a full set of mid-ranged won't likely be destroyed by a player in full Mythic as in soo many other games.

Also, there are no class restriction to weapons and armor. All players will have a Bow, Musical Instrument, Main and Off hand weapons slots. Everyone can play basic recovery songs, but only one with the Artistry school can make full use of an instrument. Everyone can shoot a bow, but all the special bow attacks are in Wild and Vocation schools.

However the set and item bonuses make some pieces more likely due to the bonuses. Nothing is stoppin a Mage type from wearing plate and being more 'tanky', one in cloth will run faster and cast harder, but be 'squishier'. 

One question I have about the set bonuses is can they be combined? With a 3, 5 and 7 piece bonuses, frex could a player wear say 3 Medium and 3 Heavy and get both the Medium and Heavy 3 piece bonuses? Could lead to some interesting discussions.

You know there is more than a small reason why the gear system resembles L2, right? Heh heh.

Jake Song and his team did both. Loved L2's play, but fighting the farmers and grind wore me down. AA could do much worse than be a spiritual sucessor to L2.

re: Tank Mages, true, but at least it IS possible, unlike say WoW where you someone wearing Plate and you know what skillset that they might have. AA that guy in Plate might slap you with a mace, or fry you with a fireball... never know what you could be facing :)

• volcha87volcha87 Member Posts: 31
    I will be writing more articles so if you have any request you can write here and I will try  to find and translate any piece of information.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    I'm still really excited about this ambitious mmo.  The only thing I'm worried about is combat being stale/boring.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Check out the #14 Post in this thread: http://archeagesource.com/topic/1012-armor-set-bonuses-cbt5/#entry17174

Adds the L44 and L50 known set bonuses. Looks interesting at L44 you have choices like more raw DPS, or more block or more Magical defense... Sounds like we might be gear swapping regularly. :)