Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 is just too..."tralala, smell the roses"

wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

I wanted to get into the game. I really did. It just seems like too cutsey, [mod edit] kiddie game. For what it does, it does well I guess. TSW has spoiled me with a mature, gritty feel that GW2 just doesnt have. I mean, come on. We're adults already (at least most are i think),  Maybe its the fantasy theme that's been beat to death that's doing it.

Ok, rant over...you may now proceed to bash me

Comments

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

You sir, are a nincompoop, your opinion of the game is quite frankly absurd, it holds no merit, and no one cares, I would say that you had parental issues growing up, that is why you feel it is too sissy and child like.  I hope one day you realise what a grave error you made when you proclaimed your disdain for the savior.  Go back to your secret world, you under belly of a termite. pip pip toodle toodles.

Nah but in all seriousness, cool story bro.

But nah seriously, I appreciate your opinion.  Mine is that the game is just booooooring.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

/raises unicorn bow !

i like fantasy themes - but thats my poison :)

• SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265

i think the game is fun.

that is all.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Just another 1 month themepark
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I dont think that a game need that dark gritty feeling and theme to be better, I sure did like that part in TSW but it's like the whole theme of that game, and even though I liked it a lot in TSW, I'm not playing TSW anymore...

I actually found my self liking the bright green sunny summery lands of Kessex and Gandara in GW2 more than I thought I would :)

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I watched My Little Pony and right now,  GW2 feels like an M-rated game.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Game is fun

/thread

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I love baby Quaggans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47whPfSu-ik

At the same time, i try to have an adult and mature attitude while discussing things here on the forums. This is my thread about why i wasn't impressed with WVW http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/361986/page/1

As you can see, i tried to be detailed and polite with my post. So, am i not an adult for liking baby Quaggans and because i actually find them cute?

Oh, i do like TSW's setting and lore.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Izik

Or rather a trial periods worth of time with a 60 dollar price tag :)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I don't understand why people jump so fast from MMO to MMO. MMO's are about commiting to the game and have fun.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion

Game is fun

/thread

It's fun for you. That doesn't mean that it is for everyone. I personally didn't really care for it but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    i agree with you, it can be pretty kiddy at times but hey if thats what it needs to do to attract people and pay the bills i will compromise just as long as every other part of the game is working to my liking. TSW and AoC were pretty gritty but  look at their sales, most mmorpgers apparently dont like that kind of thing(look at WoW's success). there are some personal storylines however that are less cutsie than others. some of them you actually have some people close to the main character dying at least. i feel like gritty only works for the console crowd, there you can find much freedom in storylines.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by f0dell54

Game is fun

/thread

It's fun for you. That doesn't mean that it is for everyone. I personally didn't really care for it but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Its not fun for you. That doesn't mean that it is not for everyone. I personally cared for it but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

Originally posted by gessekai332
    i agree with you, it can be pretty kiddy at times but hey if thats what it needs to do to attract people and pay the bills i will compromise just as long as every other part of the game is working to my liking. TSW and AoC were pretty gritty but  look at their sales, most mmorpgers apparently dont like that kind of thing(look at WoW's success). there are some personal storylines however that are less cutsie than others. some of them you actually have some people close to the main character dying at least. i feel like gritty only works for the console crowd, there you can find much freedom in storylines.

Not entirely true, AoC sold really well  back in 2008. http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/06/02/age-of-conan-rules-the-sales-charts

TSW I agree though, that's a very niche genre/setting. Most gamers prefer high fantasy

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I feel sorry for those who do not like it.

However, theres no reason to worry.

The reason why theres more saying the game is bad than good, is because us who enjoy it uses most of our time in the game.

Originally posted by stayBlind

Game is fun

/thread

Its not fun for you. That doesn't mean that it is not for everyone. I personally cared for it but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

See, what you missed here stayBlind, is that f0dell54 was responding to someone saying simply "game is fun" without saying that it is fun in his opinion, or to him, but perhaps not everyone.  In addition, the person quoted first here did a /thread, which means they think their opinion is so great that there is no need of further discussion - usually a very dumb thing to think, in my opinion :)

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Yes we are adults! Zombies and Vampires is way more mature....

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I really dig the setting and graphics of TSW as well, but I'm worried that it's a doomed game.  I read most of Funcom Oslo was laid off, and despite Ragnar's upbeat outlook, they are going to be on really limited resources.  In fact, there are indications that they are completely finished with the MMO market, and plan to work on smaller titles from now on.

It's a bummer for sure, and I hope everything I have been reading is wrong.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Most gamers prefer high fantasy

Nonsense, most gamers play whatever everyone else is playing, regardless of the setting.

Just because big studios don't have the balls to do anything other than fantasy doesn't mean that's what most people prefer.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

I really dig the setting and graphics of TSW as well, but I'm worried that it's a doomed game.  I read most of Funcom Oslo was laid off, and despite Ragnar's upbeat outlook, they are going to be on really limited resources.  In fact, there are indications that they are completely finished with the MMO market, and plan to work on smaller titles from now on.

It's a bummer for sure, and I hope everything I have been reading is wrong.

Yeah it's bad for everyone because variety in the MMO market is good for everyone. Pushes developers to think outside the box, and gives gamers more options in what kind of game they want to play.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

I honestly don't understand why finding certain thigns cute like baby quaggans, bear cubs, childrean playing, etc is "sissy" or "kiddy".

Really, why? It's not hello kitty online level. There are "cute things" that where made specifically for younger audiences like that one. But things like mini pets aren't bad, IMO. It's like saying your not an adut for find human and animal babies nice.

I mean, from what i've seen of the personal story on youtube, it is indeed not complelty made for an older crowd. It's not very deep, complex or hard to understand. But there lies the difference. Those where made so not so old people could enjoy them aswell. And that also means i can find fun in them too.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by stayBlind

Game is fun

/thread

See, what you missed here stayBlind, is that f0dell54 was responding to someone saying simply "game is fun" without saying that it is fun in his opinion, or to him, but perhaps not everyone.  In addition, the person quoted first here did a /thread, which means they think their opinion is so great that there is no need of further discussion - usually a very dumb thing to think, in my opinion :)

And I never understand why some feel the need to correct people for not stating that it was their opinion, when clearly by putting a thought on the subject is in fact merely stating an opinion unless quoting somenes else's thought. The game is fun... that's my opinion  and all that needs saying. By not adding the in my opinion portion does not mean I think I am speaking for all. This does not mean I condone those you quoted, only that when people feel the need to call people out for not putting the in my opinion portion to an opinion it seems kinda childish. That was my opinion btw :)

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by FlawSGI

And I never understand why some feel the need to correct people for not stating that it was their opinion, when clearly by putting a thought on the subject is in fact merely stating an opinion unless quoting somenes else's thought. The game is fun... that's my opinion  and all that needs saying. By not adding the in my opinion portion does not mean I think I am speaking for all. This does not mean I condone those you quoted, only that when people feel the need to call people out for not putting the in my opinion portion to an opinion it seems kinda childish. That was my opinion btw :)

Oh I agree, we shouldn't have to :)  It was more the "/thread" that ironlegion used, as if to say his opinion trumps all other discussion.  Of course, this is just my opinion.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Or rather a trial periods worth of time with a 60 dollar price tag :)

For some it will be and for others it will be worth every penny spent.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    I too felt the setting/story was juvenile and corny. I guess it was a good thing the entire game wasn't riding on the story.