Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly question about the subscription

Hi,

I have a copy of the game and my subscription ran out some time ago.

I want to go back to the game and buy additional 30days of subscription but as it turns out it's cheaper to buy a new copy of the game which comes with 30days of game-time than buy just the 30day subscription. However, I don't know if a new game code can be used in such a way to add time to an existing accoung?

Has anyone tried something like this?

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

You can go from standard to CE .. but I don't think you can go from standard to standard and get a paid-for month with it.

Some places have dirt cheap game card though, around $15-20 bucks for 2 months, if you shop around online.  This game has had prices tumble big time, with a $150 CE now worth $20 at Besy Buy for instance.  Game cards are tanking too - retailers just don't want them.

It's a waste of money at this point, IMO.  If you want the stories you may as well wait for this game to go freemium.  It sounds like you are penny pinching, so this may be the way to go for you.

There are plenty of F2P games available.  If you absolutely must have SW, then best wishes I suppose.  With all the people that deserted. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have someone else come in.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• roguessroguess Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answer Karteli. I know that I can upgrade from SE to CE and get the free month, but I already have CE so that's why I'm asking. In my country the new game+30days costs 50% less than the 30day subscription. I'm not really penny pinching - I just don't like to pay more if I can get the exact same product for 50% less. In this case however, I'll probably just buy the subscription then... to be on the safe side.