Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there magic or psionics?

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402
I don't think I could play an MMO without some sort of supernatural twist. I didn't read about these being skills but I think only gun skills/melee will get extremely boring very fast. It's not designed as an FPS after all.

Comments

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I'm not sure why a theme should be related to a type of game, or what it matters if i shoot with a wand or a rifle.

Let's put that down to personal taste :)

Anyways, here is a full list of the skills ... there are no wizard skills, which i also think would not fit the theme.

http://www.therepopulation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=198&Itemid=461

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by WizGamer
    I don't think I could play an MMO without some sort of supernatural twist. I didn't read about these being skills but I think only gun skills/melee will get extremely boring very fast. It's not designed as an FPS after all.

This is a survival game. They all do not need to be fantasy with magic and sword and board type games. This game is going to be awesome. If you like DayZ you will love this game. Honestly for me I think it will not get boring. There is a thrill to being out and about and possibly being killed by bandits from another camp. I think it's awesome to get to build your own camps with others and use them as housing and people could attack.

As for it is not designed as an FPS at all that isn't fully true. They are making 2 forms of combat the traditional MMO style and also FPS style for people into that. They are going to most likely do a hardcore server which I will def play on. That makes the game even more real because I can kill you and take your stuff. Survival games are fun. Yea they are different than the fantasy and swords and magic kind of MMO. Sometimes it is nice to be different. I think if you give this game a chance and are open minded to all you can do you might be able to get over the fact it is missing the things you like.