Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial (March 22)?

Could a helpful member of the WWII Online community explain to me how to obtain a free trial for this game? If you could post a link or explain how to get the game for free, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Merodoc

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
- Edward R. Murrow

Comments

• manohunmanohun Member Posts: 158

its not working yet.

i will see it in the mmorpg.com news

just download the game the register as freetrial player, there will be a link in the news when it becomes avaliable.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227

How, exactly, do you download the game and register as a freetrial player?

Sorry for not knowing anything about computers.

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
    - Edward R. Murrow

• dunny33dunny33 Member Posts: 141

Download the full version of the game here:

http://www.wwiionline.com/

Up near the top of the page is the downloads section. Just download either the mac or PC version depending on what you need. That gives you access to the offline training area so you can get the feel for the equipment etc.

Once the free trial starts up today you can make your account so you can get online. Hope this helps.

• SiruskingSirusking Member Posts: 15

Where is it??

OMG OMG OMG.. I cant wait.

-------------------------------------------
    MMORPG's Resident FUELSLUT!!

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Hello,

The MMORPG.com 14 Day WWII Online trial is up!  image

Here is a link: http://www.mmorpg.com/wwii_trial.cfm

Should be hitting our news page and a mailer will go out to all those on our promo mailing list.

Good luck on the battlefield!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

whats the promo code?

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    Promo code should be there now image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Admin
    Promo code should be there now image

Note to everyone entering the code:

You have to spell out 'MMORPG' without the caps--if you copy'n'paste it, it will not accept it because it is all-caps.

Sorry for the large type, but it should grab everyone's attention.

--Thanks, Admin, for being helpful and posting.

- Edward R. Murrow

thanks guys, i really cant wait to get in. however im having problems doing that. i downloaded the game and when i go to "Play WWIIO Online!" in the program list it sends me to the webpage, at the top I click "play for the allies" and then "play now" but nothing happens.

any ideas why?

and btw if u see someone in-game with the name Cynric05 its me! cya on the battlefield!

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

problem found, apparently it doesnt work with mozilla firefox, i had to switch to IE. oh well, into the game i go. ::::01::

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• CostaniusCostanius Member UncommonPosts: 231

Firefox and Mozilla don't work! You need IE to launch the game via the website!

Check into the support forums if You have any problems with the game:

http://discussions.playnet.com/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=d6f3c625fddd38339364bba339c7ecfd

-----------------------------------
    Life is too short to play bad games.

been playing for a few hours

wow

im amazed, that was really really really fun, especially the air combat IMO, just awesome.

this is deffinitely on my to-buy list, only thing i dont understand is how on earth the game has gotten any bad reputation

XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

cause the game like it looks now with its gameplay is totally different than 2001
    the game gets every 6-8 weeks new patches/addons so its a steady grow and pc magazines did not wrote at all about. advertising for this game didnt exist at all it.

if you wanna see screenshots how the game looked some years ago, i posted some

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/setstart/11/loadthread/32193/loadforum/526/loadclass/181

(look the last post n pictures, then you see how ugly graphics were some years ago :P - they game went a long way and still dont stops to get new addons/patches thats why it survived and will get even better)

• gnaschegnasche Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Nihilanth

only thing i dont understand is how on earth the game has gotten any bad reputation

Lots of bugs and no organization to how attacking/defending happened.  In the original version, there wasn't any delay in capturing any city on the map.  All you had to do was drive an infantry unit to a rear enemy city and touch the table.  Bang.  That city is now yours.  It was utter chaos and a lot people preferred capturing undefended cities to fighting in defended ones.  The launch was so bad they didn't charge anyone to play it for six months.
  • animefreak1214animefreak1214 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    hey is there something wrong it wont let me  download the game the game :( i've been trying all day

Originally posted by animefreak1214
    hey is there something wrong it wont let me  download the game the game :( i've been trying all day

Can you access the FTP site?  It's ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/

If so, the full download (for Windows) is ftp://downloads.wwiionline.com/wwiiol0001184.exe

If you cannot access the FTP site, then you can either use an FTP program (using anonymous login) or you can the latest files/patches on my site here: http://gnasche.com/files/patches/

I have the full 1.18.0 version, so you'll need all the patches to get to the current 1.18.5 version.  Also, if you are confused by the filenames, I have an explanation here: http://www.gnasche.com/ww2ol/support/understanding_downloads.htm

• SresSres Member Posts: 156

You're a star Gnasche, you'd think you where on the pay roll ::::20::

Life can be tapped

• dunny33dunny33 Member Posts: 141

Glad ur enjoying it guys

• gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

For some reason I cannot register a new account. It just keeps telling me, that there was an error, please try again later. I've tried it for about 20 times today. Does anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions? I've tried Firefox and IE both ending up with the same result.

Dammit.. I really would like to try this one..

Are you trying subscribe to the 14-day free trial?  Is this the link you're using: http://www.mmorpg.com/wwii_trial.cfm

Make sure you are not blocking any cookies.  Also make sure you're logged in here at www.mmorpg.com

I can't create a new account because I already have an existing subscription with WWIIOL, so I'm not really sure if it's everyone having a problem or just you.

Thanks, but it seems that nothing works. Well, I'm out of options.

Are you using any european characters in sign-up info?  It seems that using stuff with accents or umlauts causes the sign-up to generate an error like that.

Indeed. I totally forgot about that, I have two european charaters in my last name.

Ok, let's see..

Sorry for doubleposting, edit doesn't work for some reason..

Ok, problem solved, thanks for the help gnasche!