Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Universe now closed forever

superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid174

Oops missed this, even though still subbed. Too much crap going on in the MMO industry these days.

Dwelling on SWGs closure

Disappointed with SWTOR

Closure of EQOA

Fighting SOE with ProSieben

Fighting Nc Soft for City of Heroes

Plus other stuff

Too much to keep on top of.

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    This is the genre that keeps on giving ;)
  • kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87
    Somewhere out there a bloke who religiously played both PSU and City of Heroes is figiting thinking that the universe is out to get him LOL. 
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by kalrhael
    Somewhere out there a bloke who religiously played both PSU and City of Heroes is figiting thinking that the universe is out to get him LOL. 

No, not really. I just think that the MMO genre is going down a dark path, mainly becaus people see the success of WOW and want a piece of it, so try every trick in the book to get it, but it just fails.

The more and more MMOs that shut down, the less appeal they will have, and become more and more short lived. I do not reckon SWTOR will be active much longer after it goers F2P. GW2 will become averagely populated, if does not suffer the same fate as SWTOR, and WOW will get back on top, especialy when the expansion releases.

Within about a year I have now lost 4 MMOs - SWG, EQOA, PSU and CoH (unless it gets saved) plus SOE list of games when we get shoved off to Prosieben - EQ1, EQ2, Vanguard, DCUO, Planetside 2, EQ next

Playing Sleeping Dogs the other week, brought me a tonne of fun, that I have not had in ages. Games like that, and especially Red Dead Redemption (as it had multiplayer) are the type of games that developers should focus on and expand, or try and make a MMO where you can play the game offline and online. If servers are down, level up your character offline, like you could in PSO on the Dreamcast. Then when game shuts down you do not lose all you characters and stuff.

Also, at least with PSU, I can still play it offline, but it is completely diffrent to the online game and you do not use your online characters like you could with PSO, but better than nothing.