Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the bashing?

Comments

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by bcbully

Saying that the customer service is inexcusably bad is not bashing.

Ffs NCsoft, Anet get a customer service number for GW2 like every other AAA mmo.

I agree, nor would pointing out the lag, AH problems, or overflow issues be bashing.  Those are legitimate criticisms.

it becomes bashing when someone makes those criticisms and then says the equivalent of "therefore gw2 is a horrible game."

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by miagisan
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by miagisan

you mean like how GW2 fans were bashing fans of other games repeatedly?

hehehehe....hypocrisy goes well with coffee in the morning :)

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.  They also bash the game out of petty vengeance.

i havent bashed gw2...i stayed away from it. Just pointing out that it was ok for GW2 fans to bash other games right? This is what you guys dont understand. EVERY game gets bashed...many people in these forums have bashed other games and proclaimed GW2 as the best ever. People do this for every game they are biased towards. This is a whining thread about whining when their game gets the treatment.

Yeah people bash any game that theyre not a fan of, but theres one big difference I see between the GW2 bashing and the bashing of other games.

Take WoW for example. People bash it for things they dont like about the game that are true. Such as not liking raiding, when we all know raiding is a big factor in the game. Id say that sprobably the #1 thing I see constantly that people complain about. The repetetive raiding. Either that or the large number of kill X / collect X quests.

Then you have GW2 where yes you have the people who genuinely dont like an actual feature / aspect of the game because of the way it is (such as the way DEs work), just like people dont like raiding in WOW, but for every 1 of those threads I see, youve got 1 or 2 full of people  flat out lying about features / mechanics / problems with the game, or who havent made it past the starter content to have any clue what the rest is like.

A few of the GW2 lies Ive seen on this very forum:

- You have to turn with RMB. Wrong, you can also keyboard turn

- Everyone is lagging all the time. Havent experienced this myself other then a few minor hiccups that lasted a couple of minutes over the past week. Ive moved around to 4 different servers ranging from low to full, and havent had this issue on any of them. People also tend to confuse lag vs low FPS because their system cant handle their setting.

- The Cash Shop is P2W. Most of what is in the cash shop is earnable in game in various ways. The stuff that isnt, is stuff like character sots and bank space. Not sure how those things are "winning". Theyre also available without paying if you invest the time to earn gold to exchange for gems.

- There is no progression / point to levels. Unlocked Utility skill slots, unlocking of 3 different tiers of Utility Skills, Unlocking elite skills, direct stat boosts from Trait points as well as the additional effects you get every 5 & 10 points in each of the 3 tiers, increased number of stats on gear and the various upgrades that can be added to gear, stronger consumable buffs.... just to name a few.

- Everything in the game is a zerg fest. Im actually playing now on the only low-medium pop server left, Kaineng. Typically running events with 5-10 people as I come across them. Maybe if you dont like the zerg, try switching to a lower pop server or stay away from the roaming zerg?

- You can win the game by standing still and spamming your 1 key. That may work for a lot of the starting zone, but if you actually play like that past that zone or in PvP youre going to die, a lot.

- The bank is tiny and theyre milking players for money to get bag space. Bank actually starts off with about 300+ slots. Most games dont even give you half that in bank space.

- You can just dodge constantly and be invincible. Reality is you can only dodge twice, then you have to wait for it to rebuild Energy.

- Dodging is only for getting out of AoEs. Its actually effective vs single target attacks too.

I could go on, but you kind of see the point. Its not matters of people opinions and what they do or dont like. Its simply incorrect information, or the result of playing a certain way instead of changing what you do (like following the zerg, then complaining its a zerg fest), not matters of opinion. Yet youll see 1 troll post such things, then every other troll believes its true and suddenly its a huge issue and they all post about it because theyre generally too ignorant of whats actually in the game to realize that the 1st person had no clue what theyre talking about either.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I think part of the problem is, any negative comments about GW2 are considered "Bashing." It is almost "sacrilege" to even post about your expirience if it isn't one hundred percent positive. If you say, I had trouble logging into the game, or I got hacked; because that was your expirience, you get attacked for "Bashing"

I just recently started playing TSW and posted about my first impressions in the "Didn't expect it... but it's seriously good" thread. My post is on page 5.

In that post I pointed out a couple negitives I found in TSW as well as some positives. Had I done the same thing for GW2, I would have been accused of Bashing the game because my post wasn't one hundred percent positive.

Constructive criticism is not bashing. Someone posting about there expirience, even the (negative expriences) while playing the game is not bashing. Someone saying five nice things about the GW2 and one negative is not bashing.

Anyway, In a few months I will pick up GW2, (I don't like buying games at release becuase of launch problems that happen with most games) then I will judge the game for myself and I hope I enjoy it. It looks like a lot of positive aspects to the game.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Ffs NCsoft, Anet get a customer service number for GW2 like every other AAA mmo.

I agree, nor would pointing out the lag, AH problems, or overflow issues be bashing.  Those are legitimate criticisms.

it becomes bashing when someone makes those criticisms and then says the equivalent of "therefore gw2 is a horrible game."

Agreed. I have my issues with GW2 but so far it is one of the best themepark games I have played since original WoW.

The game does have issues: the sporadically working AH, the repair costs in WvW, hell, even some DEs are bugged but the game is amazingly fun.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I block anybody that says anything negative about GW2. I really don't need anyone else telling me what they think of the game, I'm playing it and I can tell exactly how good it is.  I'm sick and tired of the negative people all the time and if I end up blocking someone that has an opinion worth listening to then....                    nah, negative people are just negative people. I don't care about them at all, so I'm not blocking any opinions that I will ever care about.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I block anybody that says anything negative about GW2. I really don't need anyone else telling me what they think of the game, I'm playing it and I can tell exactly how good it is.  I'm sick and tired of the negative people all the time and if I end up blocking someone that has an opinion worth listening to then....                    nah, negative people are just negative people. I don't care about them at all, so I'm not blocking any opinions that I will ever care about.

[mod edit]

Bro, my block list crashes this site every time i sign on. Yes, it's that massive.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by heartless

Bully, what server are you on, man?

Jade Quarry. I will say the mmorpg crew does kick ass in WvW ;) 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Creslin321

Agreed.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Your block list must be MASSIVE. I'll bet every person on your list cries themself to sleep each night knowing you blocked them. 

/blocked

Bro, my block list crashes this site every time i sign on. Yes, it's that massive.

I'm sure it is if that is how you use it. It is a tool.  But what is the point of joining a forum if you are just going to block anyone you disagree with? I guess some people can be annoying and deserving, but to use it like the the previous poster said he did is just silly.

I have maybe 8 people on block, and I think they are all spammers.

Bully, what server are you on, man?

Jade Quarry. I will say the mmorpg crew does kick ass in WvW ;) 

True, I'm on JQ too. I can't get into WvW with the repair costs. The higher lvl you are, the higher they get. I died 3 times at lvl 51 and had to pay over 3s for repairs, so I stopped WvW. sPvP owns though. I got placed into a match against 2 players, so it was 1vs2, I kept running from point to point killing one of them and running away to the next, I had a blast. They won at the end but there was 2 of them. lol

Your block list must be MASSIVE. I'll bet every person on your list cries themself to sleep each night knowing you blocked them. 

/blocked

I'm sure it is if that is how you use it. It is a tool.  But what is the point of joining a forum if you are just going to block anyone you disagree with? I guess some people can be annoying and deserving, but to use it like the the previous poster said he did is just silly.

it was a joke. I rarely put anyone on the list.

/blocked

it was a joke. I rarely put anyone on the list.

I actually enjoy a good debate, even if the person does a little name calling, as long as there is a point being made.

To be honest these forums are actually pretty good. Does it have diverse and strong opinions that clash with one another? sure.  Does it have gamers who actively root for a game to fail? unfortunately.

But overall not  a bad community as far as forums go.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I think the main reason people bash other games is because their game got bashed religously by the same people saying "why the Hate"

Not trying to be offensive or anything just speaking the truth. I'm a fan of TSW and i had GW2 fanboys Bashing TSW since the day it came out. Do i feel the need to try and flame the game, a little, but i have some pride in myself. Thus cannot be said for other people on this Forum. its not a attack, Its a Domino Counter attack that has happened back and forth since there was more than one MMO on the market.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    On a side note, its not okay for GW2 fans to bash other games. But then its not about what games the bashers like. Its all about this immature epeen attitude

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Bashing just for the sake of bashing is pretty lame.

Pointing out problems and issues (less than TEN TIMES!!!) is ok.  Most of the complaints would be made on the official forums instead of these forums, but...well....yeah.....

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    On a side note, its not okay for GW2 fans to bash other games. But then its not about what games the bashers like. Its all about this immature epeen attitude

I think that is a good point, I wouldn't apply it to everyone who "Bashes" a game, because one persons "Bash" is another persons "Truth" and vice Versa. But I think there is truth to your statement.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Why do people allways need to bash things that are good and popular intoo the ground, just for the reason of bashing it

Sometimes the internet is the worst place on earth. Its sad how some bash people that post possitives about GW2 intoo the ground. Just because they can do so unpunnished.

GW2 is the best thing that happened to MMO gaming since WoW and its here to stay for a very vey long time. I truely hope more and more peopple give it a try and have a good time for a few hundred hours. The gameplay is great, the stories are fun and the world feels morre alive then any other MMO world out there. I personally had no problems except for a few loggin issues on headstart day. And the only real annoyance so far is the auctionhall being still unavailable.

Most people that are having problems is because of their own unabbillity of setting the game on lower settings or upgrading their hardware to fit their settings. The world is beautifull but requires a good system.

Arenanet is working 24 hours a day to solve all the small issues, and patching several times a day, which is unheard of in modern day MO´s.

So true.

What I find even more absurd , that its completely pointless rage.

Topics that start with "GW2 is another dissapointment" on the end boil down that you must keep right mouse pressed to turn.Or posts that complain about grind for optional things in end game pve.Or server problems , in what is one of biggest MMO launches in decade...

I dont even check these forums anymore.

Its either Blizzard payed posters , or people that are trully new to MMO or purchased GW2 without any knowledge what they are buying. or what is even sadder - SWTOR fans - going for some crazy paranoid vengance.

Game is amazing , and just the fact that Anet had to stop selling it to prevent total system meltdown, proves everything.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Why do people allways need to bash things that are good and popular intoo the ground, just for the reason of bashing it

Sometimes the internet is the worst place on earth. Its sad how some bash people that post possitives about GW2 intoo the ground. Just because they can do so unpunnished.

GW2 is the best thing that happened to MMO gaming since WoW and its here to stay for a very vey long time. I truely hope more and more peopple give it a try and have a good time for a few hundred hours. The gameplay is great, the stories are fun and the world feels morre alive then any other MMO world out there. I personally had no problems except for a few loggin issues on headstart day. And the only real annoyance so far is the auctionhall being still unavailable.

Most people that are having problems is because of their own unabbillity of setting the game on lower settings or upgrading their hardware to fit their settings. The world is beautifull but requires a good system.

Arenanet is working 24 hours a day to solve all the small issues, and patching several times a day, which is unheard of in modern day MO´s.

So true.

Topics that start with "GW2 is another dissapointment" on the end boil down that you must keep right mouse pressed to turn.Or posts that complain about grind for optional things in end game pve.Or server problems , in what is one of biggest MMO launches in decade...

Its either Blizzard payed posters , or people that are trully new to MMO or purchased GW2 without any knowledge what they are buying.

Game is amazing , and just the fact that Anet had to stop selling it to prevent total system meltdown, proves everything.

ROFl, what?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

So true.

Its either Blizzard payed posters , or people that are trully new to MMO or purchased GW2 without any knowledge what they are buying.

ROFl, what?

You're short response made me laugh...lol

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss
    This website is a haven for people disappointed or looking for an MMO. Don't be fooled, this is the best MMO since WoW.

Speak for yourself, its a good game, but not a great game.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

ROFl, what?

Its amazing that people can be so naive , in this day and age.

Its called viral marketing, look up for job description. Chanses are that even your local internet companies have open positions.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

No shortage of bad bad people on the internet it's true. Who knows their motives, revenge for people pointing out the sheer fail of their favorite title might be one who knows. This game gave me the feeling i had in WoW the very first time i ever played an MMO. That feeling is back and I'm glad I've waited for that feeling to return in many a title and it never did until now.

These people who want games to fail should be punished I agree.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

What I saw so far is that many people came from other games like SWTOR or tried games like Terra, TSW (like me trying both before) and other games so they had an opinion upon these games as also about GW2.

The problem is that if they say anything negative in the forums of these other games while something positive about GW2 or make a comparison over there, they are immediately marked as "GW2 Fans that are going to other games forums to bash them", which is actually not the case.

My suggestion:

- if you tested a game and you still care for it, stay there and give constructive critisism about your likes/dislikes about it.

- if you tested a game and don't care about it, give a appropriate and constructive review about your likes/dislikes and move on to the forums of a game you like.

Going back to forums of other games only because some of their fans are spreading false rumours upon the game you like or creating several threads filled with missinformation upon things "they know", even they never tested the game themselves, will lead only to the disaster we had in this forum 24/7 for the past few months and between the betas.

I tested terra, disliked it, never posted in their forums and moved on.

I tested TSW, I partially liked it, gave my constructive review in their forums, one of their Devs thank me for it and I left again never looking back.

Maybe I participated sometimes in threads that popped up of being under the general forum or maybe even one thread in these games but that's it.

Don't see a point on why I should waste my time in the other forums when I can share infos with the people here that are actually playing the game at the times I can't be in the game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

ROFl, what?

Its amazing that people can be so naive , in this day and age.

Its called viral marketing, look up for job description. Chanses are that even your local internet companies have open positions.

Who doesn't know about viral marketing? I'm just astounded to hear someone say this site is infested with Blizz employess. One major focus presented by the community has always been an anti WOW/wow-esque mantra here at MMORPG.com. Not to mention saying the site is infested by MMO newbies, those people are still optimistic about the genre. Sorry I think you're way off track there.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Sure. Is like wife saying to her husband that he has problems (eg. is drinking too much).

Why the hell is she bashing him, poor guy.

Well maybe because she is not happy with her marriage. Does that means that she doesnt like her husband?

So, let me bash this game a little more: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/363671/page/1 like a real hater.

And guys please : "Leave Britney alone!" image

This discussion has been closed.