Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst game ever.

Comments

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

Another pointless thread using hyperbole to create arguments.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140

what a boring trash :(

same crap to do since 1999

No wonder this is cheap F2P

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    God forbid someone not like GW2, the hit squad is out in force in this thread...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    The game is solid but they are having some release issues.  It will be addressed over time.  Patience isn't sold in the cash shop.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Clawzon

OP is wrong! This is not the worst game ever. There are worse game than this for sure. But let's be honest here, this game didn't live up to the hype for sure;(

what game could?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Slampig
    God forbid someone not like GW2, the hit squad is out in force in this thread...

... I've been resisting the temptation to post in here, or really even read this thread, but I hit 'last' to see if anything interesting was being said.

Even without reading people's comments, I'm guessing some people ar eprobably just calling him out on pure misinformation, like 'no persistent world'.  Is it acceptable to correct flat out inaccuracies? :D

Also 'worst game ever' is pretty harsh.  It suggests either hyperbole on a level that's hard to comprehend (I've never played an MMORPG... not even a super shitty budget broken F2P game from Asia that is worse than ET, for example), or an extreme amount of inexperience with games (Which makes it hard to take somebody seriously as well).

I think I can safely say that even as bad as many of the games are, none of the games listed on MMORPG.com are bad enough to be 'worst game ever'.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Misaris

what a boring trash :(

same crap to do since 1999

No wonder this is cheap F2P

By that logic no P2P game should exist at all (in case you're a bit slow: you say it's the same as in all games since 1999 and therefor it's cheap F2P so all other games are really overcharging everybody and those poor suckers keep paying monthly although they could have the same just for a box price).

Oh and I disagree with you but since you don't provide anything to backup your opinion I won't do either.

• MisarisMisaris Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    The game is solid but they are having some release issues.  It will be addressed over time.  Patience isn't sold in the cash shop.

so you mean something interesting to do besides zerging, button spam, kill collect X is coming in an update? Maybe even story which does not bore to tears? that is good news

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

so you mean something interesting to do besides zerging, button spam, kill collect X is coming in an update? Maybe even story which does not bore to tears? that is good news

List specific game features you want in this  game.

Then list WHY you actually believe they would be in the game.

Not including the aforementioned items that are going to be addressed.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by rainorxx
    No Auction house. No Black Lion....that. PvP is ridiculous. No real lore like in GW 1. Disconnects all the time. Reload maps. Crafting with no recipes. No community. No persistent world. I`m done.

You obviously havn't done any crafting, it's 100% recipe based. You havn't even played the game either if you think there isn't a persistent world.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Vanguard is gold game compared to GW2: )...its not true GW 2 is the worst MMO ever but I can agree this MMO is bad.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

SShhhhh...they'll hear you!

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Thornz2000

Anarchy Online had the worst MMO launch in history.

Took about 2mo after launch to get the DC's and lag to a somewhat playable level.

By then a lot of players left so they helped to kill some lag as well.

I played AO on launch day, it wasn't the worst. The worst was Vanguard which I also played on launch.

Vanguard had flat out wipes and resets of things that you had done and it had them every few hours. So you'd log in, be playing and accomplishing things and then boom all the worlds would go down. When they came back up everything you had done had reset. Every day I tried playing it happened 4-5 times. Took them a couple weeks to start to get it under control. I have played at least a dozen MMOs at launch (mostly back in the day, sometime after WoW I stopped playing MMOs when they launched and instead waited a minimum of several months before trying a new MMO so things were fixed, populations were stable etc.) and without a doubt Vanguard was the worst one ever.

Doesn't have much to do with this thread but to this day I'm pissed off at the Vanguard team for the pile of utter crap they released without making sure basic issues like connections and wipes/resets were taken care of before going live.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Eir_S

"worst game ever"

Obviously you never played Air Cars for the Atari Jaguar.

E.T. Atari 2600 :)

Edit: Noticed the E.T. comments, damn me for not reading every page :(

No signature, I don't have a pen

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Doesn't have much to do with this thread but to this day I'm pissed off at the Vanguard team for the pile of utter crap they released without making sure basic issues like connections and wipes/resets were taken care of before going live.

I mentioned to some of my friends who have played Vanguard before that I was going to try it now that it was F2P...

... and they scared me back away by talking about horrible issues that apparently STILL exist basically since the game opened.  I kind of want to try but then I have horrible nightmares as I recount horror stories about staircases...

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

So cliche and not contributing anything either, just trying to color folks who like the game bad.

It's not what he says but how he says it, hyperbole much and no honoust review or backup for what he's saying. Just some guy venting his frustration on the interwebz because we all care so much lol.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    No Auction house. No Black Lion....that. PvP is ridiculous. No real lore like in GW 1. Disconnects all the time. Reload maps. Crafting with no recipes. No community. No persistent world. I`m done.

WTF, can't figure out crafting... too hard... must get handed everything... head hurt...

You disconnecting is your own system, I haven't once got disconnected by the game itself.

Sorry, but won't miss you.

• StoneJackalStoneJackal Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by marceli
    Originally posted by Chrisbox 

You loved GW1 but hate 2?!?!? Definitly something wrong here.

Nothing's wrong. He might be a PvPer who loved GW1 for GvG, HA and team play (like me). He misses that. Is that so weird?

This is actually really important. A lot of what was good about orginal Guild wars is gone in GW2. Why couldn't they have kept the good parts of GW1 And just added the option to go out to the Public Quest Zerg system. Also just add WvWvW, don't remove all the aspects of GW1 that were great. 

I hate stupid people.

• Originally posted by gurugeorge

Worst.  Troll.  Ever.

And yet this is over 10 pages ....

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by eggy08

WTF, can't figure out crafting... too hard... must get handed everything... head hurt...

You disconnecting is your own system, I haven't once got disconnected by the game itself.

maybe you wont miss him but in short time you will miss lots of others. when the zones will be ghosts and no DE (pathetics btw) will be possible, trust me you will miss lots of others :)

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Aviggin

The community has been amazing so far. Everyone is having fun, I talk about the stuff going on in events, and people talk back. Everyone tries to help each other with revives and stuff. I just joined an awesome guild and have a great time. I think the problem here lies with your social skills.

This is what get me.  People have become so damn antisocial because they think they might be trolled for saying something or be trolled for asking advice.  People like me will actually start up a conversation, join up with people when they want help and etc.  Its not the game, it really is people being so used to playing other mmos without talking, trying to avoid others. They pretty much brung it to this game.

The thing that worries me the most even archeage and the repopulation. The other games I'm waiting on.  Will have these same people in it claiming no community when they are part of the problem.

Building a community takes effort from everyone.  Not just a set few trolling a chat channel.

BOOYAKA!

Originally posted by papardelios
    Originally posted by eggy08

maybe you wont miss him but in short time you will miss lots of others. when the zones will be ghosts and no DE (pathetics btw) will be possible, trust me you will miss lots of others :)

I like low counts of people. Doing a DE solo is 10x more fun then joining the zerg. Sure, I might not be able to get enough for that raid boss, but I can do crafting and dungeons for gear, why do I need that many people... I've never once in this game gone, damn... if only I had 10 more people... I could enjoy myself... sigh.. oh well.

Originally posted by cyress8
    Originally posted by Aviggin

The community has been amazing so far. Everyone is having fun, I talk about the stuff going on in events, and people talk back. Everyone tries to help each other with revives and stuff. I just joined an awesome guild and have a great time. I think the problem here lies with your social skills.

This is what get me.  People have become so damn antisocial because they think they might be trolled for saying something or be trolled for asking advice.  People like me will actually start up a conversation, join up with people when they want help and etc.  Its not the game, it really is people being so used to playing other mmos without talking, trying to avoid others. They pretty much brung it to this game.

The thing that worries me the most even archeage and the repopulation. The other games I'm waiting on.  Will have these same people in it claiming no community when they are part of the problem.

Building a community takes effort from everyone.  Not just a set few trolling a chat channel.

Simple thread: "Hey I need help..." "... with finding this vista, can anyone help me?"

/10 pages of people complaining back and forth that the vista system is stupid and it should be easier to get and that's what makes this game bad.

OP crying in the corner still confused on how to get vista and sad that he started a thread for trolls to breed in.

• slingblade25slingblade25 Member Posts: 33

LoL Check the OPs post history.

Dude, if Tera is soo awesome whay are you in GW2 forums?

• drekzdrekz Member Posts: 27

Yet you love TSW... Funny how people only see what they want to see.

This discussion has been closed.