Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Mourning Removed

Comments

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    should put this to bed..Its over...Mourning lost..game over
  • FidusFidus Member Posts: 28

there you go again always assuming everyone is talking about you... you know you really seem to have some paranoia issues...

read his post, without automatically jumping into your fanbois gunship. Nowhere does he say anything about you... unless your saying your a fanbois troll.... are you?

considering the amount of mmorpg's that have been rleased and the infancy if the genre id say its safe to say if this is the policy they take it won't be the last.

this was based soley off private messages between them and mourning, for whatever reason somebody offended somebody and this has now become a personal attack against each other. If it can happen once it can happen again.

your missing the point all together Razor, i suggest YOU reread some of the posts in here before responding next time.

Here since none of you fanbois arent clueing in let me explain,

Im not here to defend mourning, im here to try to salvage what i want of mmorpg. As a subscriber, im expressing my concern on the management of their site and the policy on dealing with a situation. I am also trying to express my concern on future consequences that may develop for this site.

Mourning will survive with or without mmorpg, i don't think you will find anyone denying that.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Yes Im missing the point.

Your clever gibberish has completely lost me in a cloud of my own stupidity. How foolish Ive been.image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• FidusFidus Member Posts: 28

well at least you can admit it....
    im sure by now your getting used to it anyway.

look i can do emoticons too...

::::01::::::02::::::03::::::05::::::06::::::08::::::12::::::11:::
    this one is especially for you
    ::::24::

er p.s.

im done for the night ill beat you trolls off later.

Admin it was a good discussion with you at least, i hope you can shed a little more light on what transpired between the companies. Both for your benefit and ours.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by Drayven
    Originally posted by Orcc
    Originally posted by Drayven
    I too thought this site was about covering all MMOs not just the ones that play nice with each other. Without knowing what happened from the LLE end it seems very much like a "i'm taking my ball and going home" move.

Put yourself in MMORPG.coms shoes, imagine you do a whole bunch of promoting for a company and you get nothing but harassment... i tihnk youd stop dealing with them too. You must remember MMORPG.com is a business as well.

But at the same time I'm forced to wonder if I can trust MMORPG.com's word on anything as far as games go. If they're willing to dump a game because they don't agree with the devs what's to say they won't increase teh ratings of other games, or filter out the less favorable reviews of games of which they have good standing with the devs.

Drayven

We make it a point to place all games in our site and as many as possible that our forum can hold. Believe me, we did not remove this game because of "minor" differences or our "perspective" with the game. All of us MODs have our individual opinions on individual games but we have never ever removed a game from our forum simply because we did not like the game.

It is actually more of a serious series of PMs that we received from the Developers of Mourning. It has nothing to do whatsoever with personal opinion on how we do or don't like the game

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• jpmoffjpmoff Member Posts: 6

It's not like there was any NEW news to report on anyways so MMORPG.com didn't lose a thing as far as most people are concerned.

Not that Mourning is the only game doing so. Darkfall is pretty similar as far as new news goes. DnL so far atleast puts out information on a regular basis on their main webpage.

• dylaardylaar Member Posts: 1

Hello ALL.

I subscribe to MMORPG news letters emails etc, I visit the site daily. I do not post as Often

Boards turn into a pissing contest or an Insulting match. I for  one CHEER ! MMORPG for take a stand

against   one of the  Arrogent  Self Centered Dev Companies. We have all come to know them (We are developing the game the way we want, If you don't like it piss off).   I have seen Games and Companies come ond go with this attitude. They are hard core gamers themselfs and build the game around hard core gamers with High end PC's and  if I dare say so PVP.  Well ask Microsoft  for one  Who are the first to Cut and Run when somthing NEW hits the market (hhmmm couldn't be the Hard core PVP gamers, Could It?)

Ask Sony who is buttering their Bread , Ill bet it the casual Gamers like myself that have had at least 2 accounts active since Orignal Everquest Beta ended. Yup  EQ2 is NEW and full of the  Top of the Line Gamers now, But next year ask how many still subscribe!.

Any how , Grats on taking a stand , Hope you stick to it. If any thing they should kneel before you  as you are the one promoting their Wares , Not the other way around  I Play a few games I found through MMORPG and do not mind paying for them. 

Keep bringing them to me , And weed out some more of the ones that do not need our Money  :0

La la la  and LA

Dylaar

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Fidus

im done for the night ill beat you trolls off later.

SICK!

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Indeed Gargantroo, I mean I thought he didnt like us image

Just as well its passed his bedtime.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• FrozenPheonixFrozenPheonix Member Posts: 17

This board moves too fast for me too keep up, but I wanted to reply before I went to bed, so oh well.

My first thoughts were to applaud MMORPG.com's actions against the mourning staff. As I thought more about it though, my opinion changed slightly. It is true that they were gaining a large amount of free press of which they were undeserving, but that does not mean they should be removed completely. I could see perhaps removing their forums, maybe don't update them, but certainly not taking them off the list.

See, when you start removing people from your listings, for any reason other than death of the project, you lose a bit of professionalism. Now, I'm not going to start ranting about how mmorpg.com is evil and all that garbage, its just that as a site whose purpose was to provide a compehensive list of mmos to the fans, it seems like, it isn't their place to step in to protect the gamer from meanies. Now, don't get mad at me for this. This is simply my attempt to look at it from a completely detatched point of view.

Now, you throw in my biases and personal emotion and I'd be greatly cheering this step they have taken against people who just tried to push too far. But, I don't want to go there. Anyway, my rambling is done now, I am tired and I am off to bed. I apologise if my incoherent late-night ramblings have annoyed anyone. Good night.

-FrozenPheonix

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

This is worse then a political debate.  it's like no one cares about the issue its just about the side you're on and how much damage can you do to the other side.

About MMORPG.COM being something of a shrine to gaming, more about the spirit of them than anything else VS. A business site oriented around games.

It is a good question...  One that I've asked myself in some rather passionate debates about their relationship with IGE.  But Then I cooled off, because this site is not a shrine, it is a business site.  They provide me with a service I VERY much enjoy for free and all they ask is that I endure some ads... One of which I find very offensive.

The whole issue became clear when I looked at the site more objectively as a business.  That is not to say that the site's owner and all who are involved do not care about the games, but it is first and foremost a business venture.  I hope it is successful in that they generate income and profit as I feel they all deserve it.  This site is what turned me on to MMORPGS in the very first place (although sometimes I wonder if that is a blessing or a curse:).

They made a business decision not to support (at no cost to mourning) a game that slandered the site providing this free advertisement. They have also alluded discomfort in helping gamers find their way to this game based on how they treat their own pre customers.

Should they list games they feel are harmful?  I know if it was me when I HAD NO CLUE about mmorpgs, I would be glad for the warning.

The consensus on this seems to be that mourning players want this site to give them advertisement (for free) with traffic from linking, but remain totally behind the removal of the forums (that provide negative opinions.  All I can say is that this is typical of the mourning community and particularly typical of its leaders.

I do hope that more info comes to light about the EXACT reasons as to how this all came about...  But at the same time i respect them for not airing dirty laundry that took place in private communications.  MMORPG is showing a lot more professionalism and courtesy then the mourning team has shown... Anyone.

However if you (MMORPG) go back on this decision based on community desires, that brings forth the question of shrine versus business... If you heed the wants of a portion of the community I will renew my feelings on the IGE situation as you will have moved from business to an idealism, I hope that makes sense.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Sorrow
    I admitted in my earlier post here I had let myself get emotional, by trolling the mourning forums for something you can use to try and discredit me, after I already admitted to it, just further shows how empty and pathetic your argument has become.
    I just hope most people who come here are mature enough to see this for what it really is.
    That MMORPG gives support to the imposters, liars, hatemongers, and out right attacks staged from here against Mourning just proves they are involved, in the organized slander of this game.
    It makes me wonder how many of these posers, hate-mongers, and liars are actually enforcer intimadators on the MMORPG payroll.
    You do know things like this go on in the real world too, people offer protection for a price, and when someone is unwilling to pay the price they release thier enforcers to tear apart the person or company that refuses to pay.
    If you people are gullible enough to believe MMORPG is about unbiased game press, your sadly mistaken, this is a business and these guys are all about the $ they can extorate from these developers for good press.
    When a small developer refuses to play the game, and pay the price, they get knocked around by noobs who are mysteriously all attached to the MMORPG site.
    All these lies, slander, and hate is someone's personal agenda, and by allowing it free reign on the MMORPG forums they are condoning it, if not the very party responsible in the first place.

You need to get a clue. Admin made clear the reasons for his choice. And that was The Mourning staff's big mouth and lack of respect for MMORPG.com. Keep running your mouth with whatever spin you wanna try to put on this with that sales attempt. You couldn't bother coming here and talking about the game BEFORE it happenned, we sure don't need you running your comspiracy theories AFTER here.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• dantufydantufy Member Posts: 20

Quote From Admin
    [The bottom line is I don't feel right about sending people to a game that I feel treats people badly or with dishonesty.]
    So this site pretends its not comercial.
    We all can see the millions of banners and publicity
    Maybe the Mourning team was a little upseted because all the flame wars comes from this site,
    How do u guys know anything about a game in closed beta.
    U feel that its something wrong??? Then i must tell u to read this thread where u declare that u don't have anything to do with the hyper meter of the games.
    Anyway...My conclusion is that if u guys had received some money from publicity contracts from Mourning then the forums of this game will be standing as we speak.But they are not that profitable.So lets dump them.WE MAKE GAMES TO BE GREAT.Right??????
    Think about this!!!! TYVM if u don''t delete my post.ITS JUST A PERSONAL OPINION.

Originally posted by Sorrow
    Sigh once again I've let myself get pissed off, guess I wasnt ready yet to be calm about this.

Let's try this..

WHY DO YOU CARE?
    That is my whole postition in a nutshell.
    For the sake of argument let's say you guys are right.
    Mourning is a scam a ripoff created on photoshop.
    Mourning is vaporware that will never come to market.
    Mourning is run by game devs that are pricks, and have no idea how they should kiss ass properly.
    WHY DO YOU CARE?
    You have all made your position clear over and over, you don't like the game concept, you don't like the game devs, you don't like them censoring your posts, you don't believe the game is real, and you don't believe it will ever release. Oh and most important ALL of you have canceled your pre-orders or never had one in the first place.
    SO AGAIN WHY DO YOU CARE?
    You have nothing to lose, so why all this effort to undermine the game and try and get it pulled?
    If its not real as you claim why the big push to get it canceled?
    What does it hurt you if I choose to believe in something?
    What does it hurt you if I choose to risk my money? invest my time?
    WHY DO YOU CARE?
    Who are you to judge for me, to judge for any of us that believe in the game and choose to stand behind it?
    If you have nothing to lose, it really only leaves one option for all of your behaviour, and that is that you have something to gain.
    SO AGAIN WHY DO YOU CARE?
    What is in it for any of you to batter this game until it fails?
    What is in it for any gamer anytime any game fails?
    I sit here and try and analyze it, figure it out, make it make sense, and it just doesnt make sense.
    Unless you are a competitor trying to take down the competition, or part of an organized extortion ring, there just is not any reason WHY YOU WOULD CARE.

You would think someone is denying her the right to religion or something with how she is going on now. MMORPG.com is one game site. Mourning has the right and apparently funding by their good friend Dave the publisher to advertise the game HOWEVER they want. Its a neat thing really, they spend some money and they get exposure to the public.

I don't judge you, 90% of everything I have ever said has been addressed at the Mourning staff, more specifically Egomancer, but since Tiamat has taken himself down to the same level you can add him to the list as well now.

My question for you is why do you care what anyone HERE says?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I seem to have read this entire thread, Lord help me. I wanted to contribute by making a clear, concise, informative post but , somewhere, I seem to have lost that all important last brain cell. I've spent the entire night trying to find it, but to no avail. I think it's gone forever. ::::21:: I've become confused and seem to have suffered many , tiny, little strokes. I've had to equip a drool bucket and my husband has tied me to my chair to keep me from sliding to the floor, which is littered with the remants of my sanity. Where I once happily searched for that elusive perfect alogrithim, I now search for anything crunchy which may have fallen into my lap. In the time it has taken me to poke out this post with the stick taped to my forehead, I'm sure, at least four more pages have appeared.

Maybe I'll read more later, after my morning staring off into space exercise routine. I would sleep but my nurse seems to have forgotten to unstaple my eyelids.

• shosuroshosuro Member Posts: 4

i must admit i usually don't use the forum. the level of discussion there is mediocre at best. but it's not the point. the topic states: mourning removed. bad decision or good decision? imho more good than bad. i'd leave the game in game list, but removed all other information. but it was not my decision. and even then you'd jave lots of ppl bitchin' about this or that.
    i use mmorpg.com as main mmo info site and it's absolutely great at that. will that change after removing mourning? not a bit.
    and for all you mourning lovers out there check this ::::18::

• EgomancerEgomancer Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by happydan20
    No, you have it wrong... perhaps this is a cultural thing or PERHAPS (only raising the possibility here) you sir, are a moron.  Can you be so dense as to not understand freedom of speech?
    They do moderate the forums,  A personal attack is not allowed here and they will delete posts because of this.

Can 'you sir, are a moron' be considered an attack? Then if it is then the mmorpg.com staff will delete your post.

I consider 'You stole my money!' an attack and I expect that post to be deleted. The freedom of speech does not allow you to lie, it allows you to express an oppinion. The freedom of speech does not allow you make statements that you can not prove true. In fact it allows you to speak but you must be responsible about what you speak. The sentence 'they stole my money' is not an oppinion, is a fact that can be either true either untrue. In the end the guy admitted that he was 'misinformed' so the information he posted on this site was false.

Gireada Andrei

a

I appreciate the time it took you NOT to answer a single question.

I suggested the possibility that you were a moron, I was not stating that you are a moron there is a difference.

How is it FREEDOM of speech if everything you say must have proof?  How is it freedom if everything must be truthful.  Again this must be a language barrier, I would think the concept of freedom would not be so hard to grasp...  But you are teaching me much in that respect.

How about answering some question now, oh representitive of mourning?  Give me "proof" your game exists because according to you... that is a requirement of your ability to speak.  Please sir, I took the time to ask them... Take the time to answer them.  if you will not or cannot... you are only proving the thing I said to be "true" which according to you is my freedom of speech.

• RudnocRudnoc Member Posts: 208

Wow, 26 pages, plus that that somethingawful.com stuff and to add on to everything read at mournings website plus what I have seen here about a Military guy in SD worried about them making a public hanging of him posting his IP and making a public statment they are going to sue him over trolling the boards at their website.

Then you get some people that come here twisting all what MMORPG staff informs people of and they are even worse than Tiamat and Egomancer, espeically this Sorrow person.

I read Egomancers post on that last page of 26 and I can understand their point of view, however I think a lot of us have a lot to learn about forum posts aren't words written in gold and that you have a lot of kids or adults that behave like kids, especially since it is the net, they feel they can play chicken with the world. Then you have the others like the fans of Mourning and the Devs walking around with a chip on their shoulder just waiting for you to knock it off. Talking about people walking around with their ego on their shoulders. I can understand having pride for their game, but too let that pride interfer with opinion can turn into disaster. As seen with the major problem at the Mourning site. That problem obviously was hand feed to the Admins here and like logically thinking individuals, they made a decision to have nothing to do with it. END RESULT --- MOURNING REMOVAL!!!

Now, I am sure that was a VERY HARD decision for the MMORPG staff, but something had to be done to rid themselves of a plagued problem. So, I 100% agree with their decision and as I see it, I am sure it is only temporary, until they can regroup and look at this from the outside and then slowly bring this title back in, if LHE can't start behaving more properly and conduct themselves professionally without letting opinions or bashing or false claims to affect them on the net. I agree what has been done on the forums isn't appropriate, but it seems also that LHE are looking for error in places they cannot control. Mourning website is the home of the game and how they conduct themselves there is what will judge the game, not rumors that are in message boards on the net. I am sure Campbells Soup doesn't have employees haning out at every grocery store and Circle K waiting for customers to talk trash about their product and then start threating the Cashier with a lawsuit because they don't put a stop to the customer says Campbells sucks. IF that happened I think the word would get around and you would probably not see a Campbells soup in any store within a few months.

In the end, it isn't the trolls on the MMORPG-Mourning forums that hurts the game. However how LHE had responded to this. I am sure there is a link at every large RPG gaming site pointing to this thread. I have already seen one at Stratics, RPGPlanet, a few Vault Network forums and a few RPG news groups. I think in the long run, LHE needs to BITE their TONGUE and swallow some pride and mainly FOCUS on the development of their game. Call a truce with MMORPG and appologise for whatever they did to put them on MMORPGs black list. Maybe MMORPG will atleast put them back on the game list with a few screenshots and one link to the official site. However, how in the heck did they even get a forum anyways? I thought only big titles get that?

Anyway, after all the dust has cleared and the battle is over, I do think MMORPG staff needs to take some consideration about what the policy is and maybe adapt a more cleaner forum that keeps fans a little more respectful to each other and the devs so there isn't anything deflamatory being said. But of course opinion is something that should always be allowed, that is what makes our country so great. But the few things that Egomancer does state, I can agree with. If someone is going to make far fetched statements like that, it better be backed up with resources to prove it. Otherwise posts like that should be deleted. I know that the Admin has stated that their decision to take Mourning off the list had nothing to do with us or the forums. However I am just stating based on what seems to be argueed here in this thread a lot.

Maybe MMORPG should look into the Vault Networks (IGN) and adopt a lot of their forum rules. It gives a lot of room for free speech, but yet keeps a good rule on how members conduct themselves. I think no matter where you are, it is good way to keep a socially healthy environment. I see too much personal attacks on this forum as it is, well and even a few from myself. But if it allows it, it will happen.

Nuff said on this subject. But I do commend MMORPG staff on how they conducted themselves with this, even with little information, but I am sure we all see what went on behind the scenes, if you just do a little research ;)  ... MY final two coppers pieces... Yes, you did right by removing them. It won't hurt MMORPG much, but just don't make it a habit for every little thing that goes wrong. However I am sure that is not the way you guys work. The ones that say it will hurt MMORPG's reputation, I say how? Maybe just your Mourning fans, but I am sure you all will get over it when you burn out on Mourning and come looking for your next MMO ;) .... Anyway, I wouldn't list them until the dust settles or until you get a promise from them that they will NO LONGER create grief for any MMORPG staff in the future. Then as I mentioned above, just give them a spot back in the list and et al. But I would stay FAR away from letting them have a dedicated forum again.

Oh, final note: I don't see how not having Mourning will make MMORPG not be a complete list. They never were a complete list. I don't even see some MMO's that could be listed here.... Like Wyvern. Well it is a Graphical MUD, but it is still a Multiplayer RPG and it is free. I would look at MMORPG more as a site of selected list of Premium MMORPG games. Most Liquor stores don't carry every brand of beer and they are doing very well, they just don't carry ones that aren't popular or that sell often. So as to where the PR team of Mourning are leading the game in the community, maybe it was a wise choice for them to not be listed. They might not even make it to a public release date thanks to how their PR team conducts themselves....

• EgomancerEgomancer Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by happydan20
    No, you have it wrong... perhaps this is a cultural thing or PERHAPS (only raising the possibility here) you sir, are a moron.  Can you be so dense as to not understand freedom of speech?Why did you outright lie about how the game came to be taken off this site?  What are you demanding professionalism when you are refusing it to those you ask it from?

1. How do you know that we lied? There was a message where we reccomended to the mmorpg.com staff to take care of the community. As a result they removed Mourning from their list. We answered OK. This is the whole matter as far as I am concerned.

2. What are you demanding professionalism when you are refusing it to those you ask it from?

I really do not understand the question. What I am demanding? Or why I am demanding? Please be more specific, I can not answer all the rambles of all people that can not put their thoughts on text.

Gireada Andrei

a

Originally posted by Egomancer
    Well,I go to sleep on a peacefull night and I wake up in the middle of a war :). This is not good...why this hate? Moving back to the point of deleting Mourning forums from the site I want to say that I agree with MMORP.com staff. Those forums needed to be removed because there all kind of false information have been made available. I generally do not post on forums as the ones at mmorpg.com using my indentity because my word as a developer in gaming community has more weight than the one of a gamer.Unfortunately there have been claims that we charged credit cards without giving any service/product back and I could just not sit and watch what is happening. Sometimes it is better to stop a problem before it really becomes a problem. I DID email mmorg.com staff asking for the personal information of the guy that made the false claims but mmorpg.com refused to give me that info because of their policy and I understand their position. However it is NOT my job to report posts that are signaling crimes (stealing money is a crime is US from what I know), posts that are on these forums. We have been accused that we are 'nazi' and we ban and delete all threads that we do not like on the forums but this is because our different policies. We are more carefull about the legal aspect in Europe/Romania and we deete the posts that are ofensive or obviously untrue.I strongly consider that the MMORPG.com forums shoul be moderated - meaning that there must be a person, volunteer or from Cyber Creation staff that reads the posts. If such a person exists I saw no sign that it reads Mourning forumson mmorpg.com.In the end a moderator should try to keep the discussion on the forum he/she moderates on a line that represents the forum and the forum community. SO far on mmorpg.com the posts were like this: "Mourning is a scam - if you preorder you will loose your money", "there is no game behind the site", "there are 10 testers that do not test and do not buy the game" (then why test it?), "mourning developers are nazi", "mourning developers hate mmorpg.com", "mourning developers stole my friend's money - I have seen it with my own eyes". Since all this information WAS on mmorpg.com and was not deleted this means that mmorpg.com staff considers that all this information reflects the true image of the game. Understand me that I do not want to have a forum that considers that I am a criminal, community that tries it's best to destroy my game's image and that thinks that I need to be put in jail as soon as possible.Best Regards,
    GIreada Andrei

I am not even going to bother addressing you anymore, anytime I bring up a point or argument to you that is not inflamatory you simply stop posting and don't bother answering. When you want to do more then drop a post and it be accepted as final word maybe I will consider what you have to say again, but until then your posts have zero meaning as far as I am concerned.

You lack any professionalism as a business person and you seem to have an issue with the mmorpg.com site not ruling over the posters with an iron fist. These forums are moderated, and very well. The staff here does an outstanding job and put alot of effort forth with this site. They do however know that even if they don't want to hear what a person has to say, it has a right to be said. They will however quickly and efficiently remove any post that meets a certain criteria and I have seen them time and time again maintaining and adhering to the standards they set forth on this site.

I really wish you would get over the credit card issue, the person that was guilty for that already publicly stated they were in error, you seem more hell bent on a law suit then the actually misinformation being corrected, running low on game funds?

Oh and please, I think its quite unanimous here that you have no clue how to moderate a forum, so please don't try giving out any advice.

And lastly now I shall do as you always do, and not answer you after this post, I am tired of wasting my breath on someone that can't take the time to respond to legitimate posts directed at them.

- Scaris

Originally posted by Relent
    So, you're announcing that the reason your list of mmogs is incomplete is the result of favoritism on the part of the mmorpg.com staff.
    How many other mmogs are missing because their companies didn't stroke you well enough? How many scores/reviews have been adjusted by this policy of filtering information to fit your mood?
    I guess since you aren't a real news organization you don't feel obligated to any particular ethic. It shouldn't surprise me given that IGE banner up there polluting your site, but up until this I thought you at least pretended you still represented the mmog community.

Can you shut up about IGE for a minute so you DON'T sound like you have a personal vendetta and an agenda? Its really getting annoying. IGE this, IGE that, you can't say anything other then that. 2 days ago this site sucked to no end, now all attachment between it and Mourning is gone so your gonna gripe and moan about that now? Which way do you want it, make up my mind already.

And lastly, have some friggin consistency in your stance.

- Scaris

1. How do you know that we lied? There was a message where we recommended to the mmorpg.com staff to take care of the community. As a result they removed Mourning from their list. We answered OK. This is the whole matter as far as I am concerned.

((here is a quote from your own lead developer from your own board:

"Yet MMORPG staff came up and said some things about us which should have never be said in a professional relationship.

That's why I said yes when our discussion came to the point of which we should have to ask from MMORPG staff to entirely delete Mourning
    game and its forums from their site.

And I'm quite sure that not we are the ones who'll have to lose from this."

2. What are you demanding professionalism when you are refusing it to those you ask it from?

((This is a clear demonstrating of the lying that is going on, as we have two leader s of the mourning community saying different things.  you say you "ok'd" MMORPGS decision to remove mourning.  Tiamat said they told them to remove it.  One of you is lying.))

I really do not understand the question. What I am demanding? Or why I am demanding? Please be more specific, I can not answer all the rambles of all people that can not put their thoughts on text.

((I underlined it for you about professionalism.  You expect them to behave professionally when you publicly insult the website that hosts your game for free, and that is only what I have seen on your boards.  They removed you for reasons they will not at this time disclose because they are professionals and are keeping your private conversations private.  Although, I am sure you were professional in those private conversation...  About as professional as your responses here.

I asked you more questions then just those two, perhaps now that I have clarified you could address them. 

Originally posted by Pashta
    Originally posted by Drayven Originally posted by Orcc
    Originally posted by DrayvenI too thought this site was about covering all MMOs not just the ones that play nice with each other. Without knowing what happened from the LLE end it seems very much like a "i'm taking my ball and going home" move.Put yourself in MMORPG.coms shoes, imagine you do a whole bunch of promoting for a company and you get nothing but harassment... i tihnk youd stop dealing with them too. You must remember MMORPG.com is a business as well.But at the same time I'm forced to wonder if I can trust MMORPG.com's word on anything as far as games go. If they're willing to dump a game because they don't agree with the devs what's to say they won't increase teh ratings of other games, or filter out the less favorable reviews of games of which they have good standing with the devs. Exactly. I don't agree with certain behaviors of the developers of Mourning, but that is no reason to remove it from a game list. It IS an MMORPG and it IS coming out. I thought this website was for gamers and was un-biased. Apparently not. This is just as childish as those poor behaviors I spoke of above. image

Until Tiamat admits his lie that he didn't ask to be removed NO Mourning players have an arguement over them being removed, if you do, its with Tiamat, not the mmorpg.com staff. You can make your condescending little comments to them.

- Scaris

Originally posted by Relent

Originally posted by gargantroo News orginizations are very biast and unethical. So if MMORPG.com is being biased and unethical (which they arent) I say it is one step closer to being a real news orginization No mmog fansite with an IGE banner can claim to be ethical.
    As for bias, isn't that the point of this thread? They've openly declared a bias. They are justifying it, (and I agree with some of their justification) but it's bias nonetheless.
    Gamers coming to this site to find information will have to deal with the fact that mmorpg.com staff can and will filter what information visitors will find here because of personal bias.
    And we'll have to wonder what else might be changed or missing. When IGE begins to attach conditions to their advertising revenue, do you think the demonstrated integrity of this staff is going to stand in the way?

Yet again, single harping about IGE. The discussion is about Mourning, please pay attention.

- Scaris

This discussion has been closed.