Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

60+ fps in PvE, 15-30 fps in WvW

dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

I get 30 fps in grass zones with no players around and it drops down to 15 in big fights (especially when it is also snowing). I simply can't enjoy a game with so few fps. (yes it is in lowest settings)

Another problem is that in big fights I can only see allies or enemies that are about 5 meters away from me. Anyone farther than that disappears.

And then there's the long queues(especially for EB which is the only one I can barely play because it has no snow), the huge maps that turn WvW into 90% running and 10% PvPing etc.

As a PvPer I really wanted to play WvW but it seems they didn't put much thought into it.

Comments

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218

Computer specs?

I have a similar problem. I get really crappy FPS in WvWvW. Big dynamic events gets me down to 10-15 also. I can get about 50-70 fps when out roaming in not so crowded PVE areas.

Don't know if Anet have any more optimization updates planned?

Specs:

Quad 2 Core Q8200 2,37 ghz

6 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 460

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Turn the settings down low. Those arent the best specs
  • paintchipspaintchips Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by eAzydaman

Computer specs?

I have a similar problem. I get really crappy FPS in WvWvW. Big dynamic events gets me down to 10-15 also. I can get about 50-70 fps when out roaming in not so crowded PVE areas.

Specs:

6 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 460

I have a similar setup, turning UP the graphics helped. From what I can tell this game is more reliant on the CPU than the GPU.

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by paintchips

Computer specs?

Specs:

6 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 460

I have a similar setup, turning UP the graphics helped. From what I can tell this game is more reliant on the CPU than the GPU.

I noticed that also, I have better on medium than low. Gonna try turning it way up tomorrow :) What FPS do you get in crowded areas?

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

Computer specs?

Specs:

6 GB RAM

Geforce GTX 460

i3 2120

hd 6870

8gb ram

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Same problem here, im playing on max setting everywhere but WvWvW, and even with a low set, the fps is still bad. 
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I get 45 in pve, 30 in heavy WvW
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987

When my videocard crappped out and I had to RMA to NewEgg I played in one of the BWEs with nothing more than the onboard ivybridge graphics.  I got 30 FPS in WvWvW and that was at keeps with attacking and defending going on.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018